Are goofy, fun shooters dead?

I love how over the top it was. I'll never forget that one quote:

"You are one fucked up fuck!"
or another quote "I'm not your daddy, I just fuck your mother" or something like that. Piss funny.

I bought the box set with the two pistols & the game had a small comic book in it.

Plenty of indie single players ones these days, not so much multiplayer games. The team that made Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and the Timesplitters trilogy are gods to me.

Duke Nukem Forever was goofy fun but all the neckbeard smarks hated it.

I remember you smack talking that game when I was saying how fun it was back when it was released...

I remember you smack talking that game when I was saying how fun it was back when it was released...
You're thinking of everyone's favorite movie critic.

I'm aware of Splatoon.. that's the kind of thing I'm talking about, perhaps I'm not clear enough... I'm more referring to the shooters with MP modes that aren't overly focused on who has the best skill shooting a gun.

I have many memories of playing 4 player timesplitters 2 huddled near a 27 inch TV on GameCube. That game was just whacky and we all laughed at the insanity of some of the game modes and characters.
Unreal tournament had some interesting game modes as well.. I specifically remember one that was like a game of football.

@KaNesDeath is right though.. most of the stuff out there is geared towards esports
I'm a yuge Timeplitters fan, loved those games, wish they'd do a remaster, remake, or just make a new one. The multiplayer was hilarious and pure fun. Also loved the football mode on Unreal.

I'd check out Turbo Overkill. It's great fun, really enjoyed it. A definite (intentional) throwback with modern amenities

I'm a yuge Timeplitters fan, loved those games, wish they'd do a remaster, remake, or just make a new one. The multiplayer was hilarious and pure fun. Also loved the football mode on Unreal.
There was gonna be a new one but got cancelled and the studio got shut down recently

Embracer is a cancer, they've been screwing up and shutting down several good studios. Nintendo or somebody bring all the devs back on to make a new game (wouldn't trust many big publishers though since so many suck these days, maybe Devolver or add them to Nightdive who already shows love to the classics).

I'm aware of Splatoon.. that's the kind of thing I'm talking about, perhaps I'm not clear enough... I'm more referring to the shooters with MP modes that aren't overly focused on who has the best skill shooting a gun.

I have many memories of playing 4 player timesplitters 2 huddled near a 27 inch TV on GameCube. That game was just whacky and we all laughed at the insanity of some of the game modes and characters.
Unreal tournament had some interesting game modes as well.. I specifically remember one that was like a game of football.

@KaNesDeath is right though.. most of the stuff out there is geared towards esports
Time splitters 2 was the first console FPS using dual analogue sticks that I tried (PS2). It clicked instantly with me, as I played a lot of flight Sims, prob why I always play them inverted on a controller.

That was the warm up/training for Halo OG Xbox for my buddies and I.

I really miss those days of 4 player splitscreen.

I don't think Wonderlands met Gearbox (or player?) expectations but Borderlands in general is beloved, surely. Goofy, fun shooter, no?

e/ Just looked this up and it ranks one of the best-selling gaming franchises of all time with 80M+ in sales.

I don't think so, there's a few that come to mind.

That said it's funny how seriously Wolfenstein takes itself now

Bulletstorm came out quite a while back but there's hope for Bulletstorm 2

I'm replaying Doom 2016 ATM and, while I like the gunplay in Eternal more, I hope the next installment is more new Doom instead of old Doom and its goofiness. Not that I dislike silly fun but a serious atmosphere is more immersive.

SOooo I guess this would qualify as wild and goofy, but I dont know how you are supposed to be able to hit people moving at that speed...

SOooo I guess this would qualify as wild and goofy, but I dont know how you are supposed to be able to hit people moving at that speed...

He does ~10 minute vids with Lawrence and Kassem on the BroughtYouThisThing channel. Theyre pretty freaking funny. Reminds me of the Demo Disk days from Funhaus before they all left. *Lawrence primarily plays goofy and arena FPS's when he streams on Twitch.

They want to make a Harvard emblem t-shirt but replace HARVARD with RETARD. But they know that wont fly, lol.

Back