Social Are intelligence and happiness tied together in any way? If you are highly intelligent, is it more likely that you’ll be more, or less happy?

If you are highly intelligent, is it more likely that you’ll be more, or less happy?

• Total voters
Keep read that thing of less intelligent person being inevitably happier

Seems IQ version of the "noble savage" cliché

Reality is being dumber also put you in the situation of make dumb choices, dumb choices tend to bring crap in your life, crap in your life make you sad

What's funny is unhappy people trying to convince themselves it's because they are smarter than everybody else. If you are really that intelligent, you would find a way to fix most of your problems and the things that make you unhappy in life

It's funny because intelligent people tend to be unhappy because they're more aware of all the shitty aspects of life.

But why is that?

Why can't they be more aware of all the good parts of life instead of the bad ones? It could've just as easily been a fact that smart people are happier, but that's rarely the case.

Yo my yute Big Mac got a perfect score on dem SAT tests str8 aced em fam bro even went in wrecked from all da Henny night before too bro just ate sum Timbits n said I'm good fam 🧠 bro a savage 🚫🧢

Skip college said ting lame all in da internet anyway fam he happy now too bro figured it out he tryna get back in2 Slap scraps but said bro to powerful got a mean overhand slap promotion ain't tryna have mans get piped while ting still grwan so he kinda sad rn but overall bro wake up like dem Raptors won night before lol 🏀🦖🏆

It's the curse of us intelligent people to be fully and painfully aware of how shit society and the world at large are. <2>
being intelligent also makes you aware that there is no point lamenting about your control but at the same time, you cripple yourself from analzying. in my experience as an idiot, i see it like that

A quick google search and I find things like this:

"New research suggests that IQ leads to greater well-being by enabling one to acquire the financial and educational means necessary to live a better life"

"“Results: Happiness is significantly associated with IQ. Those in the lowest IQ range (70-99) reported the lowest levels of happiness compared with the highest IQ group (120-129).(...)"

"People with lower intelligence are more likely to be unhappy than their brighter colleagues, according to UK researchers."

My opinion is dat when u dumb you ain't got a choice but to be happy ting ain't make sense so u don't pay attention u just tell every1 have a nice day 👋

Average people hit / miss typa vibe IMHO sum happy sum sad all about where dey at in lyf money right and supportive mandem / gyaldem / demdem local massage parlor good neighborhood etc.🍆✊

Mandem etc. who like iono 1 std deviation+ on right side but ain't Einstein level typa ting somewhere around dat dey be ridin dem nihilism wave sumtayum fam too much to ponder n worry aboot 🤔😿🤔

Egghead mandem etc. be just vibin' solvin problems ain't worry aboot nothin 🧮🤔💡🤔

Dem 99.999% iono fam I tink dey aliens ain't got feelings swear down I saw my guy turn on a fan with his mind said it was hot AF and ting turn on like BRO 🤯🧠🪭🚫🧢

Last edited:
I find that when you are highly intelligent academically, you end up losing something or missing some other skill like social skills for example.

I think if you are a obsessive analyzer keen observer of life, you're going to go bonkers, because your hypersensitivity and the amount of info you are processing is through the roof.

I believe people who super intelligent, may tend to be less happy than people with average intelligence. I could be wrong though.

Do you think people who are highly intelligent are more happier or less happy in the long run?

543-4.jpg
I don't see how you can talk about intelligence while posting a fake graph someone pulled out of their ass.

no wonder Jordan Peterson always looks miserable

I find that when you are highly intelligent academically, you end up losing something or missing some other skill like social skills for example.

I think if you are a obsessive analyzer keen observer of life, you're going to go bonkers, because your hypersensitivity and the amount of info you are processing is through the roof.

I believe people who super intelligent, may tend to be less happy than people with average intelligence. I could be wrong though.

Do you think people who are highly intelligent are more happier or less happy in the long run?

543-4.jpg

Depends how you define "highly intelligent" but I think Happiness vs. Intelligence should look like a bell curve, with the highest happiness achieved with above average (but not extraordinary) intelligence around 120 IQ. At that level you are "king of manlets" who is relatable to the average person, admired for your competence but have enough intellect for strategic thinking and management.

Happiness generally goes down the lower or higher you get from that high point. Someone with 70 IQ (assuming they don't have a caregiver and work a regular job to pay the bills), can be unhappy because they're victimized by social norms they don't understand and are seen as an idiot by the common man. But someone with 160 IQ may suffer the same fate. "That thar is that highfalutin' book smart jackass who can't tie his own shoelaces."

Because we're social animals, everyone has to find their place in society as defined by common norms. The less relatable you are to the majority of people, the harder that's going to be.

Last edited:
I'm usually slightly smarter than people around me. As a kid I kind of suffered quite a bit because of it but as an adult I think it has helped me a lot.
I can find the root issues in most things that affect my happiness and work on them more than many people I know. I'm not perfect but I'm smart enough to usually know where I'm lacking.

I guess it all depends on other things like how you were raised past traumas and all. I find "less smart" people tend to be happier when everything is normal but find it difficult to overcome adversity.

Also it depends on how you describe happiness. For me is being stress free, doing things that I like most of the time and being socially connected.

I'm too smaht for my own good, benching tree fiddy doesn't help either, hurts having to bear witness to the unwarshed masses.

<mma1>

Last edited:
Intelligence makes you misreable because you question the world around you and the world isn't designed to make people who do that happy.

I'm happy being smart enough to create my own happiness.

Surround yourself with people that are smarter than you and you never lose hope.

Back