Are there any actual Tito Ortiz fans on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tito was a young kid to me when I first saw him at UFC 13 , that tells you everything

We're still young at heart. @HI SCOTT NEWMAN

shutterstock_95676709_twokittens.jpg

I wouldnt call myself hardcore, but yes I was a fan. Watched him in TUF and I thought he seemed like a nice fella.
His fights were never boring and he had some top level G&P

I like Tito. He just keeps going after all the damage. Dude is tough, and the cringe is funny sometimes lol. I was so happy when he beat Bader. Then he even got a few wins in Bellator.

All the old fuckers coming out in this thread
It's TRUE haha. We old fks remember how much influence Tito had on MMA like him or not. I used to dislike him back in the day, but he seems like a decent enough dude. His longevity is admirable. That along with his elegant oratory skills.

It's TRUE haha. We old fks remember how much influence Tito had on MMA like him or not. I used to dislike him back in the day, but he seems like a decent enough dude. His longevity is admirable. That along with his elegant oratory skills.
Serraldo Babalu would disagree

Sadly a large portion of Tito's legacy was and still is being shaped by Dana White. Tito was the first guy to have star power, to ask for more money. To know his value. Dana never forgot that. He wanted Tito to fight Chuck for nickels and dimes. Tito refused. Once Tito asked to be paid more, he was the enemy of Dana going forward. The back and forth drama between the 2 is well documented, but even today with Tito out of the UFC since 2012, Dana tries to shape the narrative on Tito. The 30 for 30 just put out on Tito and Chuck, Dana has ZERO positive things to say about Tito.

Some of his quotes

"Tito did not want to fight anymore, he wanted to be an actor"
"Tito is a really dumb guy, when you meet him you realize that instantly, unfortunate but true"
"Tito thought that Jenna was a Rocket Scientist, and compared to Tito she was"
"Tito was not the real deal, we knew he was not the real deal" Talking about Chuck beating him up in training..

And for Tito one of the greats that helped build the sport, that has to hurt him badly. He deserves better.. But Dana has a terrible relationship with really all ex legends.. He is a POS..
Well said from a long time fan that knows his mma history.. a true historian not many of us around. Good to see some remember how it really went down without the properganda spin put on it by mr white & company.

Last edited:
I’m a fan of Tito. The guy is obviously kind of a joke because of his lack of skills on the mic, but as a fighter you have to give him his respect. The guys been doing it at a high level for over 20 years now.

I never rooted for him as such, like I did Randy or Rizzo or Don, but I never missed a fight and would always get excited to watch him.
He was must watch TV for most of us, and looked unstoppable for a while.
Big fucking head on him!

All the shit we talk, I was always a fan. I always tune in to watch him fight too. Guess my age is showing but he was the guy back in the day. If it wasn't for him doing what he did I really don't think UFC or mma would be as big as it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fullmetalharts
Back