Are there any kudo fighters in MMA?

Cup of water

Orange Belt
Reaction score
[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsaT5ozfVcA[/YT]

Are there any MMA fighters with a background in kudo?

They tend to have a very direct karate approach, kyokushin like, and use techniques similar to judo and jiu jitsu (that is the original Japanese version not BJJ).

Kudo fighters are legit, I'd like to see how they'd fare in MMA.

Most notable is probably Semmy Schilt although initially he was a Kyokushin/Ashihara karateka who was sent to Daidojuku. He was the first non-Japanese fighter to win the Hokutoki tourney in '96.

[YT]Lu90Nek3pR8[/YT]

Kato Hisaki is a big name in Kudo currently starting up a career in MMA.

[YT]dFmeWTEGIlU[/YT]

UFC should try to recruit some talented kudo fighters. Only reason why kudo isn't more popular is that it hasn't been properly marketed.

Arsen Abdulkerimov is a Kudo master of sport from Russia, that's where he started out before rounding out his MMA game.

[YT]wGacvV-gqnU[/YT]

Antony Rea from France if Im not mistaken is from Kudo.

Where is this guy? He was scheduled to fight Krauss (another fighter MIA) like 1 1/2 years ago and nothing happened since then.

He recently won the world championship (I think) in 2015, he is now focusing on his UFC d

The kudo guys have a problem with the transition from gi to no-gi. Not surprising as most of their grappling is from judo, and judo is not designed to grapple people in beachwear.

Kudo is more interesting for casual fans because in Kudo you can only work for 30 seconds on the ground. This is why wrestlers or BJJ fighters don't lay on top but they go for submission knowing they only have 30 seconds. This is why Kudo is more striking based, and strikers are used to just holding up on the ground, waiting 30 secs and gettimg stood up. In MMA, this will just simply make you lose by a decision.

Kato Hisaki is a big name in Kudo currently starting up a career in MMA.

[YT]dFmeWTEGIlU[/YT]

I know thread necromancy is in bad taste, but...

uGizEDG.gif

Back