Are There Any Side Affects When Taking Creatine Monohydrate?

GB.LEO

White Belt
Reaction score
Jus started taking whey protein and creatine monohydrate and immediatly started to get a headache. Was it from that or maybe just something else? Are There Any Side Affects When Taking Creatine Monohydrate? How about whey protein? Can any of these two items be bad for you in anyway??

I've heard some people get gassy from whey protien, but thats about it. I don't personally.

havent heard anything as far as creatine now.

~Foz

I've never experienced headaches while using the two, together or separate

When I first started taking in whey protein it made me gassy and my farts smelled rancid, but I think i've adjusted to it. I've never gotten any headaches from creatine; maybe you're dehydrated? Can't really think of any other explanation.

Maybe you have some shit quality creatine.

Whey gives some people gas, and Creatine Mono is said to cause bloating.

I got massive headaches first time i started to take creatine. I found out it was just lack of water. You gotta chug the water like a mother.

Yes creatine monohydrate will dehydrate you and could potentially cause headaches and muscle cramps. Keep your water up and you should be fine.

Protein farts are very common when you first start supplimenting with protein, but usually subside within a few weeks of using it. Just takes your body a few weeks to get used to digesting it is all.

Does your protein have artificial sweetener? I know some people say they get headaches from certain sweeteners...

dilute the creatine in 100ml water per gram
so 5 g creatin in half a liter

I've heard some people get gassy from whey protien, but thats about it. I don't personally.

havent heard anything as far as creatine now.

~Foz

If you were getting gas from protein it means you were probably taking in whey protein concentrate (or at least mostly, depends on what the company does) try and take a whey isolate(make sure its all a whey isolate) and i bet you wont get that gas.

And also if you are getting headaches from taking those supps, protein and creatine can dehydrate you if you dont take in enough water...so drink enough water and i bet your headaches will go away.

Simple solution... drink more water.

"Water is drawn into your muscle tissue, away from other parts of your body. This puts you at risk of dehydration." - Mayo Clinic Staff

I have experienced some nasty cramping with creatine..

I was well hydrated.

When using BSN's Mass Stack I got headaches for a while even when drinking a lot of water, so sometimes it's something out of your control. You also shouldn't be exposed to excessive heat because even when drinking enough water and I think that's what caused it some of the time.

when i first started supp'ing whey, you needed a gas mask to live in my house, but now i'm fine. nothing bad ever with creatine

when i first started supp'ing whey, you needed a gas mask to live in my house, but now i'm fine. nothing bad ever with creatine

I swear this happens so much with people who take in products that are mostly whey protein concentrate, try an isolate and you will much better.

Bloating(your face and stomach will look a bit fatter due to water retention)
Stomach Cramps
Nausea
Headaches
Tiredness
Acne
Dehydration
Gas
Heart Palpatations
Kidney or Liver Damage(if you do not get the Required Water intake they tell you to keep your Body well hydrated while on Creatine Mono)

^I expereinced thosse when I was on Creatine Mono and the worst part came after I cycled off I lost all my energy and size and felt weak and tired and drowsy and would sleep through the day that wore out after 2 weeks.

Jus started taking whey protein and creatine monohydrate and immediatly started to get a headache. Was it from that or maybe just something else? Are There Any Side Affects When Taking Creatine Monohydrate? How about whey protein? Can any of these two items be bad for you in anyway??

Dude...what kind of creating are you drinking? How long have you been drinking it and getting headaches from it. There are no side effects from Creatine or especially protein. If you keep getting headaches then just stop using it. Other than that there are no reasons. I have never heard of such a thing. Oh, and dont buy Xyience....its not all that. If you want some good creating, buy Cell Tech's creatine....

Back