Media Are these the best fight posters of all time?

PRIDE29.0.jpg

@3:54 did the impact of Nog getting slammed make the ref airborne?

bubbles-what-the.gif

Since nobody responded to you, I'll inform you: It was common for PRIDE refs, on impact after a slam, to hop in the air like that. It happens more than once in the course of Sean Sherk's mauling of Ryuki Ueyama...

...though my favorite is easily after Fedor's slick suplex on Heath Herring:

I'm not aware of this being a pro wrestling tradition. I think that it just became a thing that the PRIDE refs would do, and they did it a lot throughout the org's history. Just adds flavor to the fights ;)

Oh, and my favorite will always be the poster for UFC 3, where they tried to hype up the Royce Gracie/Ken Shamrock rematch from UFC 1. Though thwarted by the vicissitudes of tournament combat, I mean, come on, the OG MMA rivalry:

s-l1200.webp

Posters, promotional videos, entrances, pride always did it better.

UFC posters suck now. They are all the same. Like 3-4 templates they recycle. No creativity or thought at all into them. A lot of the good ufc posters in this thread were fan made.

To this day I've never understood UFCs 1999 high school poster level of design. We have all seen random artists on Twitter post better posters. It's like the UFC is using the same people from 1999 and Dana refuses to fire them

The one with most birds.

All these posters need are birds

Back