Are we so sure Tom Aspinall gets by Lewis?

Are you slow? Aspinall is way bigger and probably stronger than Almeida so it stands to reason so it stands to reason he wouldn’t have as hard a time controlling him and finding a sub.
Did you not bother reading my entire first post? I literally said that even Spivac, a guy that's much bigger and likely stronger than Almeida even had a hard time taking down Derrick and submitting him. If Spivac had that much of a hard time with Derrick who wasn't even at 100% due to having to cut almost 30 pounds in 3 days before the fight, What makes you think that Aspinall would have an easier time taking down and subbing a Derrick at 100%? I'm not saying that Tom couldn't do it. What I'm saying is it wouldn't be nearly as easy as you and some others seem to think.

Did you not bother reading my entire first post? I literally said that even Spivac, a guy that's much bigger and likely stronger than Almeida even had a hard time taking down Derrick and submitting him. If Spivac had that much of a hard time with Derrick who wasn't even at 100% due to having to cut almost 30 pounds in 3 days before the fight, What makes you think that Aspinall would have an easier time taking down and subbing a Derrick at 100%? I'm not saying that Tom couldn't do it. What I'm saying is it wouldn't be nearly as easy as you and some others seem to think.

A hard time? Spivak ragdolled him and submitted him in 3:05! And Aspinall is way better than Spivak.

Last edited:
Lewis couldn't beat an old/fat/slow version of Mark Hunt. Yes, he can still KO some guys, but most anyone with similar power and much faster hands and/or good wrestling and a ground game beats him.

A hard time? Spivak ragdolled him and submitted in 3:05! And Aspinall is way better than Spivak.
That was mainly because he was fighting a Derrick Lewis that wasn't at 100%. If a healthy Derrick was able to survive Almeida for 5 rounds I can't see any reason that could be used as to why he couldn't survive Spivac for 3 rounds too. You can use the "he's bigger" reasoning but I don't really think Spivac being bigger than Almeida really benefitted to his success as much as the weight cut.

Richard, Lewis KO’d Blaydes twice…Curtis handled Tommy easily

Lewis KOd Blaydes twice....did he?
Blaydes "handled" Tom easily...did he?

Might want to check your information sir, I think you have damaged goods here.

Lewis KOd Blaydes ONCE...Ngannou smashed Blaydes twice....smh.

Blaydes beat Tom due to an fluke injury in 15 seconds... wouldn't exactly call that "handling" him easily.

That was mainly because he was fighting a Derrick Lewis that wasn't at 100%. If a healthy Derrick was able to survive Almeida for 5 rounds I can't see any reason that could be used as to why he couldn't survive Spivac for 3 rounds too. You can use the "he's bigger" reasoning but I don't really think Spivac being bigger than Almeida really benefitted to his success as much as the weight cut.

Which is your opinion but it doesn’t really matter as 1. The fight will never happen and 2. If it did Aspinall would be like a -600 favorite.

Richard, Lewis KO’d Blaydes twice…Curtis handled Tommy easily

How is blowing out your knee in 15 seconds getting “handled easily”?

And since you wanna do MMAth look how each did respectively against Spivak.

Lewis KOd Blaydes twice....did he?
Blaydes "handled" Tom easily...did he?

Might want to check your information sir, I think you have damaged goods here.

Lewis KOd Blaydes ONCE...Ngannou smashed Blaydes twice....smh.

Blaydes beat Tom due to an fluke injury in 15 seconds... wouldn't exactly call that "handling" him easily.
You'd be surprised how many people on Sherdog actually believe Blaydes was handling Tom and piecing him up prior to the injury.

Which is your opinion but it doesn’t really matter as 1. The fight will never happen and 2. If it did Aspinall would be like a -600 favorite.
Whatever. Tom glazers are gonna glaze.

You'd be surprised how many people on Sherdog actually believe Blaydes was handling Tom and piecing him up prior to the injury.
Blaydes wasn't handling him but Tom was not fighting a very smart fight up until the knee injury and Blaydes was doing a decent job capitalizing on his reckless entries. Tom's glazers will never admit that though.

{<shrug}

Last edited:

Blaydes wasn't handling him but Tom was not fighting a very smart fight up until the knee injury and Blaydes was doing a decent job capitalizing on his reckless entries. Tom's glazers will never admit that though.

{<shrug}

You sure seem to be able to glaze a lot of info from 15 seconds.

{<shrug}
It was 15 seconds my guy.

In that 15 seconds the official stats say Blaydes landed 4 of 10 strikes, but watching the fight he lands 3 of 9.

Aspinall lands 3 of 5 and then crumples from a knee injury.

It was dead even and neither of them did anything of note. People are super impressive to green that Blaydes was winning when they both landed 3 strikes and nine of them were significant.

Book it, keep the ball rolling, Jones might retire after Stipe, consider those 2 as gone, neither is interested in Aspinall, Stipe said he would, but he didnt took it.

Back