Are WME regretting that 6 fight deal they inked with McGregor?

He's just not a great fighter.

His shit talking becomes a lot more obnoxious as that painful fact emerges and the losses rack up.

He scarched Aldo in 13 secs & won TWO belts
That is a "great fighter"

losing to Khabib is nothing to be ashamed of

do you think Couture is not a "great fighter" too?

Nope, they just had their PPV record and made Khabib into a name with another fight he might also be a draw.

Conor is good for more fights and eventually they will find a better match up so he can get another W.

He said he expected to earn over 50 million for this ppv (which is probably somewhat of an exaggeration). Giving mcgregor 50 million to get 5-10x the pay per view numbers is definitely worth it for wme. He would probably have to lose a lot before his fights weren't a good deal for wme.

He could fight Khabib again, people will tune in. He probably loses, but then he can fight Aldo and most likely win that fight. Then he hypes up that he's reinvented himself and he's hungry again etc, book the rematch with Nate and probably do bigger numbers than he did vs Khabib. The rematch with Nate might go either way, but if he wins Ferguson could have the lw belt by then, and he would most likely get a title shot. There'd be plenty of trash talking opportunities for McGregor to make Tony look like a fool leading up to it, and then that fight does huge numbers. I think it's easy for them to get at least 5-6 more huge ppvs out of mcgregor, even if things don't go his way. I'm not even a fan of McGregor, but I'll admit the guy has figured out how to get people to watch.

Every fight of him will be big. Even if he fighs Alexander Hernandez it will be sold big time.
Nah. His reign is over. He just blew up the UFCs next star though. The eagle has landed. Khabib took your boys huge casual fan base.

What about him?

Please say you are drunk & forgot he avenged that loss?
He got stopped in the first contest against this journeyman and won razor close decision in the second.

I mean the guy is a good striker, but he's got about a round and a half in him of one dimension of the game. Everybody knows that now.

He's going to start getting destroyed left and right at LW.

Nah. His reign is over. He just blew up the UFCs next star though. The eagle has landed. Khabib took your boys huge casual fan base.

Oh, I see you believe that when two fighters fight, their fanbases are on the line...

I'm not questioning that Conor is still a draw right now, but I can't even think of 6 epic relevant superfights he would actually have a good chance in at this point.

Remember, before the Khabib fight, Conor was throwing around names like GSP, Woodley, and Ferguson. It was pie in the sky bullshit. He will take several losses in a row fighting super fight caliber fighters, and what will he really be worth if he drops a few more in a row?

The book is out on how to beat him, survive a round, suck the cardio out of him and then destroy him. The game has passed him by. His glaring holes exposed.

My own speculation is that it's a win-win. wme doesn't have to worry about him leaving for another promotion, Mcgregor gets paid as if he's always drawing 2 million ppv buys. No matter how beneficial the deal is for conor, wme is never ever going to lose money on a conor fight.

The book is out on how to beat him and the glaring holes in his game,

plus he is probably losing faith in his own abilities. You're not going to be the same fighter after taking ass whoopings like that.

There was no "secret" to beating Conor in the first place. Most fighters just aren't as good enough as Khabib to execute. Khabib is like the new GSP. Opponents are so worried about the takedown that they forget about the striking.

Just taking Conor to the later rounds is not enough. If you just make it a staring contest like Wonderboy/Woodley, that's not going to get him tired. You need to either threaten with takedowns constantly (like Khabib did, but few others can), or pressure with strikes consistently like Nate did and make Conor look for a way out.

The wrestling is the safer route IF you have the skillset to do so. If your plan is to threaten McG with strikes, you better be unhittable like Floyd, or a zombie like Nate. Because if you stand with Conor long enough and you're not slick like Floyd (which nobody in MMA really is), then you WILL get hit. Conor's power is over-stated, but if he hits you enough, he will win the fight.

He got stopped in the first contest against this journeyman and won razor close decision in the second.

I mean the guy is a good striker, but he's got about a round and a half in him of one dimension of the game. Everybody knows that now.

He's going to start getting destroyed left and right at LW.

You are all over the place & seem like you just want to put down Conor
Thats fine, IDC

But I am answering your crazy points about UFC regretting a deal they benefit from & Conor not being able to main event

Both are insane

If you want to say a two time champ that scorched the P4P best (at the time) in Aldo is not a good fighter, that is your opinion.
But I can imagine how shitty of a fighter you must think Couture is then

Have a good one man

Khabib did gain like 6 million new IG followers in the last couple days.

But Conor didn't lose 6M of his fans. This fight made a NEW star. It didn't extinguish an existing star (yet).

Oh, I see you believe that when two fighters fight, their fanbases are on the line...
Not at all, Khabib just stole the show and exposed Conor. If Conor had said it was going to be a good fight prior, and that he would give it his all win or lose things would be different. He trashed Khabib though, said he was a bum, said hed KO him easily if he chose to stand with him... when you talk that kind of shit and get beat up that bad you lose your fans.

My own speculation is that it's a win-win. wme doesn't have to worry about him leaving for another promotion, Mcgregor gets paid as if he's always drawing 2 million ppv buys. No matter how beneficial the deal is for conor, wme is never ever going to lose money on a conor fight.

The second part is not true
He makes most his money on the back-end
So he will make money compared to what the PPV does.

The book is out on how to beat him and the glaring holes in his game,

plus he is probably losing faith in his own abilities. You're not going to be the same fighter after taking ass whoopings like that.

Quick question, did McGregor bang your girl or something? I favored Khabib to win and I know there are a ton of people who hate McGregor who couldn't wait to talk shit if he lost. But you literally created your account 4 days ago and every single one of your posts has been trying to discredit and "expose" Conor. Seems oddly obsessive. Chill out, it's only business ;)

Quick question, did McGregor bang your girl or something? I favored Khabib to win and I know there are a ton of people who hate McGregor who couldn't wait to talk shit if he lost. But you literally created your account 4 days ago and every single one of your posts has been trying to discredit and "expose" Conor. Seems oddly obsessive. Chill out, it's only business ;)

What banned member do you think he is?
I did not even notice the join date or I would have bailed earlier lol

What banned member do you think he is?
I did not even notice the join date or I would have bailed earlier lol
Lol dunno, haven't really posted on Sherdog since 2010 but I lurk for the lolz. People go full retard after a Conor fight. Win or lose.

I just think this is just the start of his downfall.

I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps on losing. Fighters aren't the same after getting beaten down and exposed like that.

surely herb dean must have an awesome contract aswell.
i wanna hear about that more than conors.

Back