Are you a city or country person?

I wouldn't mind living in NYC for a year to see what it's all about...

jason-voorhees-friday-the13th.gif

i prefer quiet smaller towns/cities.
but im beach side/lake side in the second largest city in my state, but its more open and rural...
couldnt live in sydney or something like that

let alone american mega cities etc

City for life.

I may move to the outskirts of LA (like Calabasas) at some point. I will always want to be close enough to enjoy weekend sporting events, nice dinners etc etc.

Perfect mix right here for Me.. My Neighborhood is outside City Limits, seperated from the Primary Shopping District by about 2.5 miles of Corn and Beans. About 30 Houses, each with 2-4 acres. No HOA, but all the Properties are maintained to the standard of the Neighborhood. Enough space to spread out and not feel crowded, while still being close enough that You can literally run next door if need be. 10 minutes from an original Big 10 Campus, so there isn't much that isn't available in the community aside from a Pro Sports Franchise from the big 4. But it's only 90 minutes to Wrigley to see the Cubs play. Relative to what I've seen Sherbro's reporting, Housing here is dirt cheap. The median sale price is just over $200k for the County.

I've lived in NYC for most of my life and I'm at a point where I'd like something quieter. Right outside Charlotte, NC sounds nice to me but I have no friends or network there.

I live in a NYC basement.

I hate the suburbs and anything that requires cars so I guess I'm a city person but I don't like the city either.

I liked new england building wise but still seperated by highways and car infrastructure.

Cities are only good if you're in your 20s and single. I'm neither so hell no to that. Being constantly surrounded by disposable strangers is great if you're trying to get laid and easy access to a huge customer base to make money, but people in cities treat each like shit, the air is dirty, there's too many rules, the places are smaller, no yard, parking and driving sucks, there's too many rules, everything is expensive. I like trees and fresh air.

Have lived in big cities before. Would not want to live in a city again. Need a large lawn / green space and and distance between neighbors. And could do without all the noise, traffic and large number of people / sq mile.

I'd like to live somewhere like Napa wine country, lots of room and nature and country-ish living but youre only an hour away from the big city so you can go to sports games, concerts, big city events whenever you feel like it
My cousin did something similar they moved from Frisco to Sonoma and took over an ice cream shop.
they do alright, not rich but make a good honest living. the pandemic was pretty hard but they bounce back pretty well.

plus they said the area around Sonoma is good or her kids compared to the city

edit:

on topic

I prefer the city but you gotta hunt out the right neighborhood.

City. But I could go out to the country and live there, and I’m sure I would enjoy it.

When I was younger, I used to think I had to live in a city with a decent population. I thought I needed the night life, gyms, clubs, bars, cultural events, new people to meet, etc. But the older I get, the appreciate serenity of the country side more. I prefer to walk in the woods or chill at a cliffside and watch the sunset.

I am in a big city now and I don't care for the air pollution and noise. There are too many people all the time and cars on the street. I miss seeing trees instead of grey buildings everywhere. Yeah I'll miss the parties and events, but it's worth it to have some clean air and peace.

Perhaps its a sign of age.
Suburban parts of cities is what I prefer.

The ocean for vacations.

There’s like 400 people where I live and all my hobbies involve stuff with engines.

Attachments

• IMG_0680.jpeg
    IMG_0680.jpeg
    62.1 KB · Views: 0
I live in a small Cleveland suburb and generally like where I live. Know some small town relatives that bitch about the meth situations similar to inner city folks bitching about Crack.

Last edited:
Country.

I grew up in the country, moved to the city when I was young and enjoyed clubs, bars, lights, restaurants etc but now I am back in the country. I love the birds, the stars, the wildlife, forests, rivers etc. Especially the isolation and solitude.

Back