Are you glad women are in the UFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when all the boneheads were bitching about Rousey/Carmouche being over Hendo/Machida, then Hendo/Machida blew balls while Rousey/Carmouche was a great fight?

Lol at all the silly people who answered no to this thread.

Just wait til next week when Tate/Zingano blows the doors off the TUF finale.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tate/Zingano grabs one of the three nightly bonus.

757814807.gif

I'd never take 2 high lvl wmma fighters over 2 high lvl Mens fighters. I think women dilute the cards.

The cards were already diluted due to oversaturation. The women offer something refreshing: preferring to finish over fighting safe to secure a win. I love technical battles as much as anyone, but sick of seeing fighters state in interviews that they "do what it takes to win" when explaining why they don't finish more often.

The first 2 women fights have been great.. so as long as they don't run into a depth issue in the division, I think it will be fine. Adding one more title into the mix is also nice, especially for Fox fights. I don't think I would personally pay for a PPV with multiple women fights, but I really don't see any problem at all seeing a women fight once in a while.

Women are good for the UFC.

Unlike other sports which make the women participate in minor leagues (WNBA) we can say the "Premier Organization" has female champions.

They add a spark to any card when they are sprinkled in, it's good for the UFC.

I feel as though women's MMA is being forced on the masses. But I don't think too many people care about it. It's like the WNBA. It's not going to get big enough to last.

I don't think it can hold forever, there are always stinker fights but so far the 2 WMMA fights in the UFC have been great fights all around

Good for you. Now, say it with me, "Women Will Not Be Fighting Men. They Will Still Be Fighting Other Women."

It shouldn't matter that a 135 pound male fighter would likely easily beat a 135 pound female fighter any more than JDS would squash Dominic Cruz or Jose Aldo. Do we discount Dominic Cruz or Jose Aldo because of it? Of course not. So, why should we berate female fighters as not being as good as their male counterparts, if the female fighters will never compete against those male fighters?

Bingo. The whole argument that WMMA is so bad because they couldn't compete with men is flat out dumb.

I don't like watching women beat each other up. It just seems weird and fucked up to me, unnatural I guess. I appreciate the skill and technique someone like RR has, but I would prefer not watching chicks fight on UFC PPV cards.

I don't like watching women beat each other up. It just seems weird and fucked up to me, unnatural I guess. I appreciate the skill and technique someone like RR has, but I would prefer not watching chicks fight on UFC PPV cards.

And that's fine, just don't watch. Lots of people don't like grappling matches either, but it just comes down to personal preference. It's more the "hurr durr, dey hav no skillz, fites suk" bunch that I take issue with.

GSP got in shit from someone (Tate?) for basically saying the same thing. He wasn't knocking anyone, he was just saying it wasn't something he enjoyed watching because of how he was raised.

I don't think it can hold forever, there are always stinker fights but so far the 2 WMMA fights in the UFC have been great fights all around

If they become common on the UFC cards, I can see the attitude of the women going in changing. But it's seemed like most of the fights in Strikeforce, the UFC, and Invicta hav been good, because the women seem to feel they have something to prove to the guys. Hopefully it keeps up.

So far been very disappointed. Have to say it wasn't a good move.

It says I cannot vote because I already have. That is not true. The very first time I clicked on this thread, that is what is said. Only one mouse click to get into the thread and that is it. What is up with that?

lol,at women fighting being unnatural,cause men fighting is so civilized

No, but it's more natural and acceptable in western culture for men to fight than women. Look at the Iraq war... hundreds of US soldiers were killed in the early going, and a few captured in ambushes, and yea, that all got on the news, but individually they weren't given major press. Jessica Lynch got captured, and the press went apeshit for days over it, not because her sacrifice was any less or greater than anyone elses, but due to the shock of women being involved combat.

Let's be realistic, fighting is much more natural for men than women. It doesn't meant there aren't women out there who fight but it's much more strange to see two girls kicking each others ass on the playground than two boys. Fighting isn't the usual sport for women to get in to, and there will never be as many women fighters as male fighters. It maybe come much more popular but the pool will always be smaller due to our natural tendency as males to fight. And what kind of leap of logic was that, from unnatural to civilized, what do those two attributes have in common anyway? Fighting will never be civilized, but it is absolutely a natural thing. Humans fight, animals fight, everything in this world fights. It's the most natural thing a human being can do other than sleep eat and have sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back