Opinion Are you ok with burning the Quran?

Are you ok with burning the Quran

• Total voters

rokzilla

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
People burn bibles and flags, I don’t think this should be off limits either. Granted, I don’t think people should really be burning anything if it offends people but I think if you’re going to allow religious and nation epithets to be burned, it’s either all or nothing.

You’re posting this on an American focused forum. The answer is no. Nobody is trying to ban the burnings of Qurans and even most liberals haven’t shifted so far into protecting Muslims that they’re concerned with stopping it.

This is a valid question maybe in a European country, but it’s a non-issue in America.

People burn bibles and flags, I don’t think this should be off limits either. Granted, I don’t think people should really be burning anything if it offends people but I think if you’re going to allow religious and nation epithets to be burned, it’s either all or nothing.
No.

I think the act of burning something just to piss off a certain demographic of people is exceptionally childish. Akin to a child smashing a dinner plate to piss off the parents..

No.

Book burnings are the realm of the mob. Incidentally, a lot of these shithole countries that many Muslims reside in are fond of burning books. Just not their book.

All for it.

Now if you shit talk John Locke I'll torch your car, shit on your porch and fuck your dog. He's a God because that hasn't been proven otherwise, as far as I know, and most people agree with him without even knowing it.

Yay, sacred deity!

No. you desecrate someone's religion and you are asking for problems. it's extremely antagonizing to muslims.

Can you do it? Sure, but just bear in mind that you are inviting a problem.

Depends what you mean by "okay with"

You should have a right to do it but just because you have a right to do something doesn't mean you should.
All for it.

Now if you shit talk John Locke I'll torch your car, shit on your porch and fuck your dog. He's a God because that hasn't been proven otherwise, as far as I know, and most people agree with him without even knowing it.

Yay, sacred deity!
You mean the guy who said atheists aren't entitled to religious freedom?

Now do the bible.
well that's different because "catholics" are generally a bunch of secular hypocrites who only use religion when it conveniently allows them condemn something they don't like.

and the old holy war catholics already took over the world, so they act peaceful and prudent now with their contentment in the reset of world calendars.

It's disrespectful to people who follow it, regardless of if you do or not. I'm sure the "religion of peace" would be very thrilled about it though

well that's different because "catholics" are generally a bunch of secular hypocrites who only use religion when it conveniently allows them condemn something they don't like.

Thought so. You didn't even try to hide your hypocrisy on this subject. The idea that Catholics are the only people who read the Bible is hilarious.

Back