Are you polite or assertive?

Got cucked in a restaurant the other day. Some obese lady cut me in line and I didn’t say shit.

Im polite. However i work in the service industry. So when someone does something wrong directly aimed at me i correct them.

Except at work, the customer is always right. Though if theyre always wrong we refuse them service from repetitive past bad experiences.

They are not mutually exclusive. You can be both at the same time.

How agreeable or disagreeable are you? I’m a pretty outwardly polite person. Sometimes a pushover. Im trying to not be such a pussy. Got cucked in a restaurant the other day. Some obese lady cut me in line and I didn’t say shit. Lol. I was so disappointed in myself

Depends on the situation sir.

How agreeable or disagreeable are you? I’m a pretty outwardly polite person. Sometimes a pushover. Im trying to not be such a pussy. Got cucked in a restaurant the other day. Some obese lady cut me in line and I didn’t say shit. Lol. I was so disappointed in myself

You can be both polite and assertive at the same time.

Remember, when there's Karen's involved, discretion is the better part of valor.

You can be both polite and assertive at the same time.

Remember, when there's Karen's involved, discretion is the better part of valor.
What’s that mean.
It is honorable to be discrete to a Karen?

Yes.

If you make a scene with a Karen, you should be prepared for Karen to make a bigger scene.
I don’t think I would ever argue or get into a screaming match. It would be more mocking type if anything. But yeah I think someone has to put them in their place and let them know they aren’t going to get away with cutting people in line and doing Karen things

Both.

The most disagreeable person pretty much shoved his hand over my face with a desk attendant trying to stop me getting on a flight,
I wasn't impolite but she was being a c word. He knew me and knew I was about to lose it with her, Ended up okay. He got all my paperwork out without me hitting her.

I'm usually polite but most people don't mess with me anyways.

I'm very polite. My parents are good people and raised me to be polite.

Neither my Mother nor my Father are pushovers though, especially my Mom so I learned not to take shit from people.

I was at the Import vs Domestic "World Cup Finals" at MDIR two years ago. The track was packed that Saturday. My friend and I were in line for food. We patiently waited our turn.
Two guys walked up to their friends, started talking, and cut into the line. I called them on that bullshit, and was loud about it.

They didn't just have to contend with me, they had to contend with everyone who was now really pissed at them. Worked like a charm as they walked their asses to the back of the very long line.

Totally situational. But with social media, and a new generation growing up in no bully zones and participation trophies being raised by helicopter parents, politeness is fading, and Karens are everywhere. Some people never got punched in the mouth and it shows.

I'm both polite and assertive.

You can be both. At the same time too.

Back