Aren't Kyokushin guys ideal sparring partners for boxers because of their close range fighting?

It's a hypothetical KK vs boxer fight. A KK guy just has to have enough of a defense to land a few leg kicks to disable a boxer.

Not really sure what you mean but IMO the lack of face punches is a really big criticism against KK. You see top level black belts break down the second they get hit a few times in the face. Once you introduce face punches, surprise surprise it starts looking like KB.

It was such a big problem that the KK orgs considered going back to allowing face punches. But how do you allow face punches while still maintaining bare knuckle? Bare knuckle is the spirit of KK.

I think Kyoukushin matches up well against Muay Thai, because the Thaiboxers offensive hands will not expose the Kyoukushin achilles heal as much. It will be more of a kicking contest, in which I favore the Kyokushin-Kai, since they have more time spent on kicks, given their rule sets.

Muay Thai on the other hand is a bad stylistic match-up for boxing because the Thais have adequate boxing defence to survive the initial onslaught. Thus rock paper scissor.. Boxing beats Kyokushin, which beats Muay Thai, which beats Boxing.

i understand you. your saying Kyokushin guys will have an advantage because they are used to fighting at that close range and specifically kickin in that close range.

makes sense to me, which leads me to my next question: can someone please post some Kyokushin instructional videos that explain how to kick in close range.

i understand you. your saying Kyokushin guys will have an advantage because they are used to fighting at that close range and specifically kickin in that close range.

makes sense to me, which leads me to my next question: can someone please post some Kyokushin instructional videos that explain how to kick in close range.

No, I'm sayin boxers will have the advantage. Boxers need close range to be effective with their punches. Against a Kyokushin-kai with no fundamental boxing training, it is far more likely that a boxer will throw hard combos to the body and then to the face, and the kyokushin-kai won't know how to parry it because an amateur can't read boxing combos. I know from experience it's impossible, even if you train face punching, to read a boxers combos

Okay kids, who entertained this thread?
This thread is sponsored by the "Fuck Your Thread" gif.
<Bottle.gif><Bottle.gif><Bottle.gif>
We probably hit a new record of this gif occurrence in one thread.

This thread is sponsored by the "Fuck Your Thread" gif.
<Bottle.gif><Bottle.gif><Bottle.gif>
We probably hit a new record of this gif occurrence in one thread.

So here's an important question.

What's your favourite pizza topping?

Interested to hear @j123's thoughts.

I used to be a hardcore Hawaii style man (pineapple & ham) until I actually went to Italy and tried pizza there. Italians are amazing, they can make any pizza topping taste good, even the most basic Margherita (mozzarella, tomato, fresh basil) was amazing. Margherita is now my test for every new pizzeria I visit - if they can make it tasty, then they know their shit.

My most recent favorite in a local pizzeria is the Gorgonzola, bacon, truffle and walnuts special - sounds weird but it is super good!

How about you? :)

Are you a Kyokushin fan boy refusing to hear it? Everybody knows they're toast without crosstraining.
Toast? This thread is not about toast. It is about pizza.

What's your favorite topping?

Pepperoni, Canadian (pepperoni + mushrooms)

I don't do that veggie crap.

How bout yours?

@ARIZE takes his with pad thai

Pepperoni, Canadian (pepperoni + mushrooms)

I don't do that veggie crap.

How bout yours?

@ARIZE takes his with pad thai
What? Pizza with pad thai? For real?

I have it on good authority that Kyokushin-Kais purposely seek out boxing gyms to learn boxing, and that they get slaughtered for weeks on end. Good luck against boxers for a Kyokushin purist.

I used to be a hardcore Hawaii style man (pineapple & ham) until I actually went to Italy and tried pizza there. Italians are amazing, they can make any pizza topping taste good, even the most basic Margherita (mozzarella, tomato, fresh basil) was amazing. Margherita is now my test for every new pizzeria I visit - if they can make it tasty, then they know their shit.

My most recent favorite in a local pizzeria is the Gorgonzola, bacon, truffle and walnuts special - sounds weird but it is super good!

Gotta say for me a classic peperroni is where it's at. I've tried hawaii style pizza but for some reason the pineapple just doesn't gel for me... mind you I have been making hawaiian burgers.

Italian pizza is where its at though, when I was in Surrey visiting a friend there was a mean italian restaraunt and wine bar. Good times.

Has anyone tried chicken and mushroom on a pizza?
Not sure, I'm sure they have, you can add whatever toppings you like on places that aren't major chains.

Gotta try kush and shrooms, that'll make for a nice exp.

There's this place I went to in Muskogee called Mazzio's (Deep dish place). Best place I've been at. They had this special cinnamon bun thing, but it was the GOATest thing in the world. We got it past the border so that was good.

Has anyone tried chicken and mushroom on a pizza?

I have, though the chicken & mushroom was part of a larger mix. IIRC it was chicken with some kind of BBQ sauce, mushrooms, onion rings, and basil or cilantro. My memories are kinda hazy since my ex-gf & I were stoned at the time and just throwing leftover stuff in the fridge onto the pizza.

Back