Ari Emmanuel Speaks on WWE Purchase/Mergers: 'White and McMahon... That's Pretty Unstoppable.'.

Emanuel has largely been hands off regarding the UFC when it comes to the daily operations of the promotion, with White still making all the major decisions regarding talent, production, and any other major issues that arise.

McMahon will maintain that same level of control at WWE, although he stated he won’t get as deep “in the weeds” creatively with the product as he has in the past.

I don't watch much wrestling these days but I am aware that a lot of wrestling hardcores apparently have been believing this stuff about Vince leaving creative to Triple H, and all I can say is you can see why Ari wants into that business because those are some dumbass, credulous af consumers.

At least most of us know exactly what pale of shit Dana is serving up to us, don't believe a word he says and hate his guts even as we wolf it down and ask for more.

3 of the shittiest turds in American media all under 1 roof together.
Just wait until they go to Chicago and you have a Rahm Emanuel cameo. The asshole levels would be over 9000.

WME monopolized the entire Sports Entertainment Catalog...

Ari vs Vince. Hair vs Hair, Stone Cold referee... ;)

They should have folder Power Slap in for good measure. Another missed opportunity.

Brocktober is back on the menu
Brock vs Jones at UFC 300. would not surprise me, keep the every hundred UFC tradition alive for Brock and you know Jones would want that fight too, big fight. I noticed Cormier hanging around with Brock lately and doing interviews with him too. Nothing would surprise me

Silver Lake board members laughing around a big table and a dark conference room Illuminati style.

Vince gonna book the UFC and pick the winners instead of Dana?

More seriously, I hope there are not crossover MMA/Wrestling things. When AEW brought in ATT and Dan Lambert, it did nothing for their ratings. Professional Wrestling fans didn't care about MMA guys and MMA fans didn't care what was happening on Professional Wrestling. It didn't benefit either side. Wrestling fans watch wrestling the way you watch a movie - not caring that it's all an act, and often with respect for the work and art that goes into the production and performance of it.

The two audiences dislike each other much of the time. Most wrestling fans aren't fans of true sports, they want storylines and characters. True sport fans don't "get" pro wrestling. They try to watch it the way you would a sport, but the stuff you see is generally hokey and obvious. These audiences watch in very different ways.

I hope it's kept 100% separate.

I expect this means we'll get a lot of cross-promotion between both orgs. Advertising in each other's events, maybe some pro-wrestlers at UFC events and UFC fighters at WWE events. Although the conflicting TV deals could be an issue. UFC is exclusively ESPN, and WWE is a combination of USA, Fox, and Peacock.

<Fedor23>

Can't really see anything bad coming out of this, other than maybe some wrestling ads.

Back