Media Ariel Helwani Responds To Jamahal Hill, Extends Offer | The MMA Hour

Do you think Jamahal Hill should go on The MMA hour?

• Total voters
... just wondered about the interviews.

Figured you knew what you were referencing.

Judging by this absolutely childish reaction,
you took it to your ego.

That was certainly not what "post the interviews" meant.

I'm not digging up interviews from 15 years ago (if they are even available anymore) and going over them with a fine-tooth comb to find the instances where he used this particular line of questioning to appease you.

There are literally no better platforms in MMA. Unless you consider some B-rate bozos like Schmo and Luke Thomas to be something specials but they're just Helwani jock sniffers.

Thomas has grown on me a bit after he seems to be a bit self-aware that he is a jackass.

Schmo is literally just a clown though.

Ariel is the king of the mma media and everyone knows it - there is no close 2nd.

Buddie, I am not going to spend my evening citing you examples and crawling the web for this lol. look into it yourself.

I am not gonna write you an article on where Ariel lied and where he is wrong. Go crawl the web yourself, read and watch everything Jamahal has to say and what Ariel has to say. Look into the previous dramas Ariel had with others (tons of them). If you come to the conclusion that Ariel is not a manipulative liar, then good for you.
Not even one example after calling him a pathological liar? <45>

I'm not digging up interviews from 15 years ago (if they are even available anymore) and going over them with a fine-tooth comb to find the instances where he used this particular line of questioning to appease you.
lol another guy with excuses and can’t back up his own points. It’s like clockwork

Chill child, nobody cares what you're not doing,

Fuckin' kids these days.

I don't get the beef but each Time I see Hill speak or interviewed he comes off as always having a chip on his shoulder and taking and micro negative thing and magnifying it.
I like him as a fighter but don't care when he speaks too much.

Yeah he wants to get him back on the show in a safe setting to hash things out rather than risk running into him somewhere that's possibly unsafe and Hill decides to flip out and give Helwani a proper smack.

Again I don't blame the guy, it's the smart move, calm down the big scary LHW who wants to fuck you up, worse case he attacks him in studio where he has security to assist if shit goes wrong (not that I think Hill would actually do anything but still)

the entire premise of your post is just an absolutely pathetic reflection on Hill. He wants to smack up Ariel because Ariel asked Jiri, who he allegedly wants to step in the cage with, about a tweet Hill posted talking shit about Jiri avoiding him? What the fuck is Ariel suppose to ask Jiri about when they're the most recent champions in the division and an obvious future match up? Hill is not only thin skinned, but his veiled threats are also pedestrian. He may as well be threatening Laura Sanko.

I didn’t ask for excuses. He never had security when Ali and Dannis went on his show when both were beefing with him. They literally sat 5 feet from each other lmao. It’s also pathetic a fighter is physically threatening a scrawny journalist. He was invited and declined, so your thinking is ass backwards.

This, 100%. He wants Ariel on his show because nobody watches Hill's lame ass channel and he wants more clicks. In a year or two Hill will be forgotten except as a footnote.

So make an assertion, refuse to back it up. Clockwork. Tick tock.

Even the original paraphrasing you posted wasn't anything to care about. You're literally holding back tears because you think you may remember Ariel trying to get a fighter (who sounds like a shitty interview) to say which skillset they think is better than their opponents. What a lame fucking answer "I dunno if my xyz is better than his, not sure, I guess, maybe." God forbid Ariel tries to help a guy get over instead of sounding like a big floppy cock.

There are literally no better platforms in MMA. Unless you consider some B-rate bozos like Schmo and Luke Thomas to be something special but they're just Helwani jock sniffers.
They're better by default because they don't have Ariel

The fact that he got incredibly out of shape waiting to book a fight isn’t the most promising thing.

There are some athletes that did it (Beckham, Durant), but they lost significant first step quickness.

That was always kind of the ace up Hill’s sleeve as I saw it - he’s really fast throwing hands and feet, so his game might have to change if he can’t surprise opponents when leading as much.
But he was never in the best shape in terms of how he looked. At his peak, he was still skinny fat, so I'm not sure HOW out of shape a belly on him is. Maybe that's his regular build that he's lived with all his life and he performs well enough (if not peak) in that shape.

Not suggesting a belly is good for any athlete, but just saying it might be way more problematic for some body types than others. He never seemed to be someone who could reasonably get in any shape that the eye would look at and think he looked impressive, so I wonder? Time will tell.

No he didn't. You came into this discussion uninformed with a bias against Helwani. And now you're making things up.

I guess at least you're acknowledging that Hill lied. Baby steps here.
I totally disagree.

And your fortune telling is way off. If you had nothing better to do than scour these boards for all I've ever said about Ariel (I hope you have better things to do), you'd see I've always been 95% in favour of Ariel in his standoffs vs anyone. So your bias theory originates entirely in your colon, sorry. If you'd bother to analyze yourself as well as (or better) than you do others, you'd see that you actually made that up out of thin air due to YOUR biases.

You know-it-alls and fortune tellers never cease to amaze me. How do you guys go through life on the basis of wild, unsupportable assumptions? Human beings, smh.

As for "admitting" Hill lied (or forgot), no shock there. If I can "admit" Ariel lied (after clearly saying I've NEVER seen him out-and-out lie in his long and tenured career) and I clearly had faith in Ariel's tendency to not lie, it would be WAY EASIER to admit Hill lied, who I've only started paying attention to in the last couple years. I have zero expectation of truth from Hill, since he's just a random fighter and not a top reporter who has held his integrity (more times than not) over decades.

Basically, Ariel has a lot of credit with me that Hill simply doesn't have. I'm not shocked by Hill lying (or forgetting, whichever it is). But I AM shocked by Ariel lying. You can deny Ariel lied, or you can even disagree based on interpretation of what "lie" means, and that's fine. But I see his dishonesty in his actions for the first time, and it surprises me, quite frankly.

It is more impartiality than bias that informs my perspective on this subject. If it were bias, I would blindly side with Ariel like many are doing.

The funniest part of all this is that UFC fighters are using Ariel Helwani to get publicity and to try and stay relevant.

OiKW9i.gif

Also, who seriously said "lowkey" and "Heelwani"? @HolmeZy55
<Hendricks02>
Also notice that all of Hill’s gripes are underlying things that are not even concrete. He just takes things the wrong way or manufactures drama.

In the end, Hill started all of this for clicks. Hell he even had multiple Twitter posts after Ariel’s response on Saturday. At first many were on his side, but reading the comments on his posts, the public opinion has changed.

The funniest part of all this is that UFC fighters are using Ariel Helwani to get publicity and to try and stay relevant.

OiKW9i.gif
And notice how he didn’t bring Hill up once on his Monday show that he usually 10-7’s people. Not a peep. So all the idiots in here who say Ariel likes the drama and started this can go back in their hole.

Also notice that all of Hill’s gripes are underlying things that are not even concrete. He just takes things the wrong way or manufactures drama.

In the end, Hill started all of this for clicks. Hell he even had multiple Twitter posts after Ariel’s response on Saturday. At first many were on his side, but reading the comments on his posts, the public opinion has changed.

Hill is such a drama queen. Bad look.

Back