Ariel says it's Romero's camp holding up the fight being made official.

Towelie by TKO

The Continental Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

He's either in too poor of health to take the fight, or he just doesn't want to take a non-title fight.

It's his fault he's not eligible for the title. Don't see him having much leverage in this situation.

His manager already said he apparently looked fine, and if they don't take the fight, then, knowing Dana, he isnt going to get another shot at it anytime soon.
I really hope he does take it.

Unless his situation got worse after that I suppose.. but yeah I really hope this one does not get cancelled. That would suck.

If he doesn't take the fight he's an asshole. Stool sitting cheater.

5 more minutes Romero is born.

His manager already said he apparently looked fine, and if they don't take the fight, then, knowing Dana, he isnt going to get another shot at it anytime soon.
I really hope he does take it.

Unless his situation got worse after that I suppose.. but yeah I really hope this one does not get cancelled. That would suck.

Doesn't add up. If he looked fine and was ok to cut the remaining 0.2, then there is no reason for him not to take the fight.

Maybe he is trying to get it rescheduled, but wonder Dana will feel about that and fucking all the fans over. Not like it's the first time though.

Too bad they don't have another middleweight to step up on the card...

... except maybe Rashad Evans?

Could be a money thing as well. Do they wanna dock him 20 or 30% or something and maybe Yoel isn't down? Considering he's probably getting a hefty paycheck and no title shot he probably doesn't want to lose 20%. Not to mention he was cut off an hour early from making weight when he most likely would've.

Too bad they don't have another middleweight to step up on the card...

... except maybe Rashad Evans?

I'd fear for Rashad's brain if he fought Bobby Knucks. He got out-struck by Old-Man Dan Kelly.

Could be a money thing as well. Do they wanna dock him 20 or 30% or something and maybe Yoel isn't down? Considering he's probably getting a hefty paycheck and no title shot he probably doesn't want to lose 20%. Not to mention he was cut off an hour early from making weight when he most likely would've.

He doesn't have any leverage here though. It was his responsibility to make the weight the first time, he's been doing it for years.

Romero is right...Fuck Bureaucracy...He left Cuba because Bureaucracy!

He was promised an extra hour...then he gets nothing...Fuck that......Commissions shouldn't be able to do bullshit like that.

Romero is standing up for the common mans right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Governments shouldn't do random shit like this and fuck over people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was promised an extra hour...then he gets nothing...Fuck that......Commissions shouldn't be able to do bullshit like that.

Romero is standing up for the common mans right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Governments shouldn't do random shit like this and fuck over people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The commission wouldn't have been an issue if he made weight on the first try, like Whittaker did.

if he doesn't take the fight, he will never ever be granted another MW title shot no matter how many wins he has got

Whittaker is going to KO the Soldier of Fraud.

Romero officially a staple on fight night and fight pass cards if he rejects the fight

The commission wouldn't have been an issue if he made weight on the first try, like Whittaker did.
Alright, but he didn't...Then he was promised more time and they took back their word...Fuck that shit....that isn't right.

For all we know, this commission made a bet on Yoel not making weight and that's why they didn't allow him more time.

If something happens to the guy cutting weight on the verge of slipping into coma on their watch - someone may lose precious job and someone might even be prosecuted. Trust me, nobody over there wants to deal with this. He looked terrible , they couldn't risk so much over one guy, who thinks , he has special permission slip from Higher Powers to pull whatever shit he wants while ignoring all the rules.

That's ridiculous IMO. Rockhold took the fight when he missed weight and got blasted. If Romero doesn't take the fight he should be severely fined or cut. He can't make middleweight title weight. Dude should also be forced to LHW.

I'm guessing they're probably trying to dock 30% of Romero's pay for him to still fight and I'm guessing he's trying to negotiate so he's not docked. A pay dock for .2 lbs is fucking stupid.

and don't reply with "rules are rules" bullshit, we get it, sherdog is full of nerds and there's like 928340982819273098909809 posts already saying "rules are rules" today.

Back