Arlovski is the best paid UFC fighter

The thing is he has to fight whoever they want whenever they want. Thats how he keeps his job. If they want him to fight Ngannou tommorow he cant say no.

They made him fight Goatspinall and he got BTFO

Yeah he's been openly thankful to Dana and the brass for these recent fights. He knows he's probably not getting another contract like it when this one ends. So he's damn happy to get it before he isn't able to anymore. If it was about cost cutting they had opportunities with a few losses to cut him. But let him keep fighting at that wage.

He has been getting paid to have sparring sessions for years now. He actually tried up until about 2016 but since then his fights have been terrible, and this dude was ounce must-watch MMA.

The thing is he has to fight whoever they want whenever they want. Thats how he keeps his job. If they want him to fight Ngannou tommorow he cant say no.

He actually didnt do super awful against Aspinall. He got rocked in the first and choked out yeah. He didnt take a ton of damage though and landed shots of his own. Not bad for a shot fighter taking on a tough up and comer, possible future champ.

Makes me happy as an Arlovski fan. Hope he finally gets ba finish tomorrow.

He actually didnt do super awful against Aspinall.
No but im just saying,his position dictates he may run into a tough guy who doesnt have a name yet.
Someone others of his stature would avoid. I hope the best for the guy too.

It's odd he wasn't released when he went on that 0 - 4 skid a couple years back in the UFC. He's getting paid very well, has been in boring fights for quite a few years now (minus his losses), and is up there in age.

They cut Overeem, but keep Arlovski? Doesn't make sense to me.

Good for Andrei though. He's still fighting, and winning, albeit very uneventfully, but he's getting it done.

He's getting paid like this because of he has big pee pee energy. Plus the dude has literally been fighting in 4 decades

All the money in the world can't fix brain damage though. AA should quit while he's still ahead

He is not taking half a million, more like 300k. Plus I think I read somewhere he recently accepted a big pay cut (could be wrong).

If you can get paid that kind of money at that age and not get ktfo every fight. It sounds like a pretty sweet deal. Not the kind of money other HW made near the end. But certainly racking up that bank account. And as far as I know a pretty decent guy. Good for him. As long as he’s not getting clobbered, stick with it until the UFC lets you go. Which certainly will happen at some point.

He is not taking half a million, more like 300k. Plus I think I read somewhere he recently accepted a big pay cut (could be wrong).
Maybe, maybe not. But even around $300k he’s looking at about $1M a year. It takes the average schmo 20 years to earn that. If he’s made about $5M+ in the last few years while not taking massive damage, he’s doing alright. He’s making money while he can. And I imagine he must have some sponsors as well. He’ll be set up for retirement. If he’s not being foolish with his money and lives a decent lifestyle.

It's odd he wasn't released when he went on that 0 - 4 skid a couple years back in the UFC. He's getting paid very well, has been in boring fights for quite a few years now (minus his losses), and is up there in age.

Good for Andrei though. He's still fighting, and winning, albeit very uneventfully, but he's getting it done.

It pays to be a company man.

Can't recall Arlovksi ever bad mouthing the UFC, fighter pay, trying to start a union, ducking fights, or being a diva.

The guy stays quiet, signs contracts and then fights

Dana has stated in the past he still has name value, his fights can be entertaining, and he is often the lead in TV headliner before PPV cards, since he's a former champ and known name.

Good. He's been in the company for 15 years and has fought all forms of opposition from prospects, journeymen, title challengers and champions. He's earned it.

They've been pretty good to him though. Usually they treat their old guys poorly and have them KO'd silly.

upload_2022-2-11_5-21-45.png
Couple killers in there but after getting finished they throw him some winnable fights. Compare that to JDS on his way out.
upload_2022-2-11_5-24-5.png

They've been pretty good to him though. Usually they treat their old guys poorly and have them KO'd silly.

View attachment 907606
Couple killers in there but after getting finished they throw him some winnable fights. Compare that to JDS on his way out.
View attachment 907607
Jds didn't wanna be on the undercard against the guys arlovski was facing tho. Jds still got.. aspirations and shit. So it's a different scenario.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back