Arman: Islam wants me on short notice to have an advantage. When was the last time Islam fought 2x in 6 weeks?

What are you referring to in terms to Oliveira? He never had to do a quick turnaround in regards to either scheduled fight vs Islam.

Oliveira beat Gaethje in less than a round and was booked to fight vs Islam 5+ months later.

Then for the rematch Oliveira beat Dariush in less than a round and was booked to fight Islam 4+ months later.

"Tough fights" Huh? Maybe on paper but Oliveira barely got hit in those fights.
I said his opponents had to do a sooner turnaround than Islam, not short notice.

In Islam/Charles 1 Islam fought in February while Charles fought in May. Islam had 3 more months recovery and training than Charles.

In Islam/Charles 2 Islam once again fought in February and Charles fought in June. Islam had 4 more months recovery training than Charles.

Both of these timelines were completely set by Islam sitting out waiting for the Abu Dhabi cards in October. Islam always gets to know when and where he's fighting while his opponent has to turnaround for Islam's timeline.

I said his opponents had to do a sooner turnaround than Islam, not short notice.

In Islam/Charles 1 Islam fought in February while Charles fought in May. Islam had 3 more months recovery and training than Charles.

In Islam/Charles 2 Islam once again fought in February and Charles fought in June. Islam had 4 more months recovery training than Charles.

Both of these timelines were completely set by Islam sitting out waiting for the Abu Dhabi cards in October. Islam always gets to know when and where he's fighting while his opponent has to turnaround for Islam's timeline.

UFC put Islam on ice in both of those occasions. Everyone knew Islam was going to be fighting for the title in Abu Dhabi after the Bobby Green fight (Dariush was the original opponent) no blame for Islam on that one.

Islam wanted another fight in between the first & second Volk fights last year but UFC put him on ice again to make him wait for that Abu Dhabi card.

I don't think Islam cares. He's saying Arman has turned him down 3 or 4 times. Islam is going to show up and fight whoever because he knows he's the best in the world.

But what were the circumstances of those fights offered?? I am pretty sure they weren't favorable time lines for Arman. He learned his lesson once by taking Islam on short notice.

Islam is giving this impression cause he's dictating when the fights take place. Offering Arman a fight on June 1st is an advantage for him no doubt.

But what were the circumstances of those fights offered?? I am pretty sure they weren't favorable time lines for Arman. He learned his lesson once by taking Islam on short notice.

Islam is giving this impression cause he's dictating when the fights take place. Offering Arman a fight on June 1st is an advantage for him no doubt.
Well I mean whoever it is would have to get in camp now and Islam would also be getting in camp. I don't think neither Poirier or Islam have been going super hard in training up to this fight. Arman should just be happy he got offered the fight in the first place. Is he salty about getting offered a title shot? Are we being for real right now?

Last edited:
Reactions: JKS
What are you referring to in terms to Oliveira? He never had to do a quick turnaround in regards to either scheduled fight vs Islam.

Oliveira beat Gaethje in less than a round and was booked to fight vs Islam 5+ months later.

Then for the rematch Oliveira beat Dariush in less than a round and was booked to fight Islam 4+ months later.

"Tough fights" Huh? Maybe on paper but Oliveira barely got hit in those fights.
Oliveira pulled out in the rematch but apparently, that was Islam's fault too. Imagine if Islam pulled out, there would be threads to this day calling him a duck. Imagine if Islam fought and ran through Gamrot, they would be saying he avoided Volk. You just can't win with these clowns.

You know the UFC puts fighters on ice all the time right? They suck at planning ahead. Some of you guys keep talking like Islam could've barged into a meeting with Dana and picked whatever date he wanted to fight & the UFC would've shuffled their schedule around to accommodate him.

UFC lined up their main events for 297, 298 and 299 by mid-December. They never had any intention for Islam to fight again before April. The next date they offered him was UFC 300 while he was in the middle of Ramadan & they were panicking calling anyone they could've to scramble for a main event.

If the UFC were smarter with their planning they should've had Islam vs Gaethje headline 299 in March, then they could've just moved O'Malley vs Vera 2 to UFC 300.

You could be right, I wasn't aware of the details. I do know they've done this with Khamzat before so it wouldn't be unusual.

you have to answer if the champ calls you and not the other way around.

the hate against Islam is just stupid and funny at the same time.
they didnt want to fight Islam by using lame excuses and now blaming Islam for this

It doesn't make sense to put blame on Islam when his opponents pulled out before the fight and a short notice replacement had to step in.

I'm not putting the blame on Islam. I'm saying that while it still isn't ideal for Islam, it's way way less ideal for those short notice fill-ins.

So you don't think Islam and his team and the UFC discussed potential opponents prior to UFC 300?? There was a very good chance that his next opponent was coming from UFC 300 and early June was the fight he decided on. He is ready and training while those guys had fights lined up. Of course there is that advantage they consider.
When Dana announced Arman/Charles, which puzzled everybody at the time as we were expecting Islam/Charles 2, Dana said it was because Islam was recovering from an injury so couldn't fight at the moment.

Meanwhile you went to Islam's Instagram and he was training that whole time as well doing shit like fucking skiing. It was so obvious he wasn't injured that people thought he'd gone and failed another drug test which is why the UFC needed their contenders all suddenly fighting each other in case they needed to make a new title. Everybody knew Islam wasn't injured and just wasn't fighting for some unknown reason.

Turns out Islam just wanted his opponents to fight each other while he stayed training to fight the winner on his terms, with the additional wrinkle going to be it would be short notice for whoever agreed to it as he was saying June 1 or bust.

Which if Poirier wasn't 35, 0-3 in title fights, and last in line of the contenders, would've been nobody.

UFC put Islam on ice in both of those occasions. Everyone knew Islam was going to be fighting for the title in Abu Dhabi after the Bobby Green fight (Dariush was the original opponent) no blame for Islam on that one.

Islam wanted another fight in between the first & second Volk fights last year but UFC put him on ice again to make him wait for that Abu Dhabi card.
Literally nobody knew Islam was going to be fighting for the title after beating fucking Bobby Green and without a single top 5 victory to his name.

Well I mean whoever it is would have to get in camp now and Islam would also be getting in camp. I don't think neither Poirier or Islam have been going super hard in training up to this fight. Arman should just be happy he got offered the fight in the first place. Is he salty about getting offered a title shot? Are we being for real right now?

I think he just knows that he took a short notice fight with Islam already and lost so he doesn't want to be under prepared. He's literally got one more shot at him. Islam is not sticking around LW long.

Literally nobody knew Islam was going to be fighting for the title after beating fucking Bobby Green and without a single top 5 victory to his name.

Seems like you believe in the possibility of freezing someone out of the title picture then. ie Islam or anyone else keeps getting booked against a top 5 opponent, the opponent pulls out relatively last minute, the original fighter beats the replacement, rinse and repeat etc.

Can't punish the original fighter for not beating a top 5 guy if they repeatedly get that opportunity taken away from them.

tyo8bexeh1m81.jpg
Lol the sherdog blue faced surprised emoji is virtually identical to islams expression in this pic

Back