Media Arman Tsarukyan: "Won't Even TRY To Take Islam Makhachev Down, I WILL Try Outstrike Him"

Anyone else think this is a TERRIBLE gameplan?

View attachment 1043321
no, that sounds like an adjustment to me. Trying to take Islam down and trying to control him is most likely a losing proposition. Arman has underrated striking, I'm actually a fan of his striking, it probably gives him a higher chance of winning than to just initiating grappling exchanges with Islam.

Sounds pretty bad but saying the opposite ("I will try to take him down repeatedly like last time") sounds even worse so yeah.

Good game plan, Islam might be the best grappling Lw in the world

no, that sounds like an adjustment to me. Trying to take Islam down and trying to control him is most likely a losing proposition. Arman has underrated striking, I'm actually a fan of his striking, it probably gives him a higher chance of winning than to just initiating grappling exchanges with Islam.
Obviously i agree, If there's anywhere you can exploit it's Islam's striking. However, the gameplan he speaks of is the gameplan of virtually every opponent against a Dagi fighter.

So far, nobody has actually attempted for them to engage in multiple grappling exchanges with Islam(aside from Arman the first time which he made the fight close with it).

I mean, he aint wrong and after failing the first time this may be the only way to do it

He ain’t gonna out-wrestle Islam thats for sure

I don't see why anyone has issues with this comment.

Trying to outstrike Islam rather then trying to outgrapple him seems like a logical move to me.

Sounds pretty smart. He tried it last time. Didint work. I think most of his improvements are in striking.
Doesnt mean he will win.

Regardless of whether this is a good game plan or not, he could very obviously train tons of aggressive wrestling and try to ambush islam with it come fight night. It's not like he would want to reveal the full extent of his game plan in the media before the fight even takes place.

Tsarukyan was displaying a good jab in the Oliveira fight. Hard for me to remember all the exchanges on the feet but I think Tsarukyan may have been winning the striking

Back