As a boxing fan, are you satisfied now?

Ngannou's only chance of doing anything at HW was in the Fury fight because he held the element of surprise. When he couldn't pull it off, and even managed to surprise Fury, that was a wake up call to the rest of the division. He was going to get everyone's best at HW afterwards and he did.

If he rematches Fury, he gets crushed.

You're living in the moment. Ngannou is a top 5-10 HW IMO. Hes not the best fighter in the division. Hes Shannon Briggs. But hes a fine HW boxer even if his record is 0-2 almost everyones record would be 0-2 against Fury and AJ. And thats Ngannous problem he started at the top of the ladder.

You're living in the moment. Ngannou is a top 5-10 HW IMO. Hes not the best fighter in the division. Hes Shannon Briggs. But hes a fine HW boxer even if his record is 0-2 almost everyones record would be 0-2 against Fury and AJ. And thats Ngannous problem he started at the top of the ladder.
I don't think any top legit 10 heavyweight would lose this badly or quickly against AJ at the moment. He's maybe Charles Martin or Eric Molina level at best.

I don't think any top legit 10 heavyweight would lose this badly or quickly against AJ at the moment. He's maybe Charles Martin or Eric Molina level at best.

I mean Shannon Briggs was better in his era than Charles Martin and Eric Molina were in theirs but I don't think theres a wild difference there.

I brought up Briggs as a comp because he had crazy power and looked great against borderline contenders but got destroyed by Lennox Lewis in similar fashion to Francis against AJ. When I think of what Francis really is as a boxer I see Shannon Briggs.

Pretty sure that Ruiz was a top 26 when he beat Joshua.

Would love to see your top 5-10 list since there are multiple guys i would favour against ngannou, even out out shape ruiz from the second joshua fight.

that statement alone is the logical fallacy in all of this.

If he rematches Fury, he gets crushed.

He doesn't until proven otherwise : Joshua hits way harder than Fury and is more powerful.

The only actual fact we know is that Ngannou completely humiliated Fury.

Think you’re gonna have to make a top 10 list with Ngannou inserted in there, that’s a pretty bold claim.

Think you’re gonna have to make a top 10 list with Ngannou inserted in there, that’s a pretty bold claim.

Do you think Ngannou wouldn't have a good shot at beating Zhang? Whose in that 6-10 range?

Do you think Ngannou wouldn't have a good shot at beating Zhang? Whose in that 6-10 range?

Prob one of the worst match ups, Zhang might crack as hard as AJ, Zhang has a pretty shallow gas tank but seriously doubt Ngannou sees the 4th round.

I am satisfied to see a more subdued victory celebration from
He doesn't until proven otherwise : Joshua hits way harder than Fury and is more powerful.

The only actual fact we know is that Ngannou completely humiliated Fury.
I'd like to see slim Fury fight without being a weight bully first

Ngannou was ranked #33 coming into the fight. He's now at #238

Is comparing someone to Shannon Briggs bold?

Ngannou was ranked #33 coming into the fight. He's now at #238

I mean terms of who beats who. Hes 0-2 obviously he will not be formally ranked 10th when theres dozens of HWs with beautiful padded resumes.

View attachment 1033628

Id say he did enough to earn one more chance....I think he batters Wilder up. Not many people have the precision and power of AJ (in fact literally nobody in the world does regardless of which sport) so what happened there is not gonna happen every time Ngannou boxes.

People are way too quick to forget lol....like literally 12 hours ago everyone here would have agreed he would have a real shot to beat Wilder

A guy who can't defend against a lead right hand batters wilder? You must be delusional. Wilders, right is faster, sneakier, harder and longer than AJs.

Francis 37yo, he should retire. He's not learning any new tricks. It's unfortunate that it took so long for him to enter boxing, 10 years ago he could have been a force to rekon with.

Fights like these come and go and have no impact on either sport. I follow and am a fan of both. I'm looking forward to some good MMA fights and some big boxing matches in the future. May 19th can't get here soon enough.

Do you even watch any fight, at all? Zhang is way taller, moves faster, has better footwork, crispier punches, actual head movement. How in the world does Ngannou even stand a chance against Zhang, let alone beat him?

Do you even watch any fight, at all? Zhang is way taller, moves faster, has better footwork, crispier punches, actual head movement. How in the world does Ngannou even stand a chance against Zhang, let alone beat him?

Zhang is 3 inches shorter than Fury and Francis actually has the reach advantage.

Anyway I get the jist some people have Zhang rated much higher than others do.

I mean Shannon Briggs was better in his era than Charles Martin and Eric Molina were in theirs but I don't think theres a wild difference there.

I brought up Briggs as a comp because he had crazy power and looked great against borderline contenders but got destroyed by Lennox Lewis in similar fashion to Francis against AJ. When I think of what Francis really is as a boxer I see Shannon Briggs.

Briggs is miles better, he went 12 rounds against Vitali and Foreman.

No he always looked like that, that's his shape : almost the same weight than his third fight with Wilder.

Actually, he came heavier because Ngannou is not as skinny as Wilder, that was his strategy since he really likes putting his weight on his opponents (dirty boxing).

He trained vey hard and he lost, end of the story.

I know this type of thing is frowned upon. But fury coming in fat with no muscle has only happened a few times. McDermott, Wallin, Wilder 3 (ngannou)

The guy has tested positive for steroids before and also goes on 100 lbs gain/loss binges. I suspect he fought ngannou clean, whereas for nearly all his big fights he does not. People say he always has a weird shape but besides the lower back tire his shoulders chest arms even thighs look way different from fight to fight.

He fought ngannou his arms looked pathetic and his legs looked like twigs. Shouldn't be that hard to put 2 and 2 together(he has failed a test before)

I also get the sense with him being alleged koed in sparring by a cruiserweight. Dropping/looking rattled every time he gets hit even by weak punchers that his chin may have deteriorated seriously from the 3rd Wilder fight.

He has looked shit for years and only has Wilder performances propping him up.

Back