As a fan of Robert Whittaker, I'm praying that Weidman gets the next shot and not Kelvin

Matty da Ranga

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well....not literally praying, but u get my drift

I'm not saying that Rob can't beat Gastelum, he certainly can...but objectively it'd be something close to a 50-50 fight. I think the chances of Rob KOing Gastelum are slim, because of dat Mexican chin and Kelvin's slick boxing. Robert would be wise to shoot takedowns early in that fight and at least give Kelvin another dimension to think about.

On the other hand, Weidman is a tailor-made matchup for Whittaker. A big, lumbering Light Heavyweight (basically) whose entire game revolves around offensive wrestling and basic boxing. Whittaker would see teh Chris' takedown attempts and telegraphed punches coming from a mile away and put him to bed. Bob has some of the best TDD I've ever seen.

That's all for tonight folks, it feels nice to be posting stuff again.

As a fan of whittaker I don't care who he fights, but I wish I see him fighting healthy ASAP.

I hope so too. They should not give another shot to Romero just because he missed weight. Not to mention he has lost twice now.

At this rate the dude might end up like Chris Weidman with back to back to back punishment.

I hope so too. They should not give another shot to Romero just because he missed weight. Not to mention he has lost twice now.
I scored it a draw but I still agree, Yoel should move up to 205 and fight Gus for interim belt (ideally). I don't want to see Robert ruin his brain and body by beating Yoel in another pyrrhic victory.

I scored it a draw but I still agree, Yoel should move up to 205 and fight Gus for interim belt (ideally). I don't want to see Robert ruin his brain and body by beating Yoel in another pyrrhic victory.
oh yeah? did you score the last two 10-8?

You don't think Whitaker should have to fight Romero more? He is only 2-0 against him and Romero missed weight in his last two fights. That seems like a good idea to Joe Rogan and he is far from an idiot...

You don't think Whitaker should have to fight Romero more? He is only 2-0 against him and Romero missed weight in his last two fights. That seems like a good idea to Joe Rogan and he is far from an idiot...
lol are you being sarcastic?

How in the holy fuck could Weidman be given a title shot?

lol are you being sarcastic?
Haha, I've been all over the place so had to read my own post again. Yeah, I was being sarcastic.

But thinking about it who even cares if they have this "rubber match"? Would be hard at this stage for the UFC to convince anybody that they care about MMA as a sport and that they have integrity. Not like they have to worry about keeping up a facade.

Haha, I've been all over the place so had to read my own post again. Yeah, I was being sarcastic.

But thinking about it who even cares if they have this "rubber match"? Would be hard at this stage for the UFC to convince anybody that they care about MMA as a sport and that they have integrity. Not like they have to worry about keeping up a facade.
To me Robby won fair and square, shouldnt have to fight that guy again.

KGs gonna crack that chin agaim for sure.

Romero would fuck KG up.

To me Robby won fair and square, shouldnt have to fight that guy again.
I agree. Just because there are two close fights and not everybody agrees on who won, he shouldn't have to keep fighting the same challenger over and over. Especially not when the challenger missed weight in two title fights in a row.

Weidman is a tougher fight than Kelvin

Whittaker would make Kelvin look silly

Romero is too old to make weight. Weidman can't make 185 without IVs and fight at a high level. 185 division is f up. I would rather see Bisping come out of retirement and Weidman vs Silva 3.

Whittaker would absolutely piece the slow, plodding Chris up on the feet and finish inside two round almost certainly.

oh yeah? did you score the last two 10-8?
I scored 1, 3, and 5 10-8s. I’m sure people are against that round 1 but Romero took the round off way too much and took a lot of punishment.

If you think Weidman should get a title shot then you're perpetuating the bs ranking system

How in the holy fuck could Weidman be given a title shot?
cuz the ufc are retards with matchmaking so now weidman is 1-3 in his last 4 but has a win over gastelum, lol

Back