As a McGregor Fan - The Truth

Dont Frye

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Let’s be real here – Conor got dominated in every aspect of the match. Floyd carried him to the 10th round.

Conor’s punches got real soft, real quick, and he ran out of ideas. Don’t get me started on his cardio – he looked done by the 4th round.

I’m glad this fight was against Floyd, and not a hitter like Canelo. Jesus, can you imagine what the potential for serious damage would be?

I admit it – I bought into the hyperbole, and got swept along by the circus.

I can’t imagine the cringe levels of watching a pre-fight Roddy interview again.

Finally, I'd end by saying Conor is still a world class mma fighter, and I look forward to his next UFC fight.

Let’s be real here – Conor got dominated in every aspect of the match. Floyd carried him to the 10th round.

Conor’s punches got real soft, real quick, and he ran out of ideas. Don’t get me started on his cardio – he looked done by the 4th round.

I’m glad this fight was against Floyd, and not a hitter like Canelo. Jesus, can you imagine what the potential for serious damage would be?

I can’t imagine the cringe levels of watching a pre-fight Roddy interview again.

Finally, I'd end by saying Conor is still a world class mma fighter, and I look forward to his next UFC fight.
Great review. I agree. I do feel bad for people who paid for this as this was the lowest intensity match I have ever seen.

Ate your humble pie like a man..... respek

People saying he got dominated should really see how other MMA fighters would fare in the boxing ring no less against Mayweather. Landing 100+ punches on Floyd is impressive no matter how you want to dress it.

People saying he got dominated should really see how other MMA fighters would fare in the boxing ring no less against Mayweather. Landing 100+ punches on Floyd is impressive no matter how you want to dress it.

Floyd let him land in order to provide a show.

That's just a way to over-simplify the narrative. I'm sure Floyd wanted to be countered by a clean uppercut and get jabbed multiple times against an MMA fighter. Floyd has never cared about providing a show, people just want to discredit Conor's performance.

That's just a way to over-simplify the narrative. I'm sure Floyd wanted to be countered by a clean uppercut and get jabbed multiple times against an MMA fighter. Floyd has never cared about providing a show, people just want to discredit Conor's performance.

Ummm floyd did keep his word of going forward and he said doing it for the fans and wants to put on a show

As for eating conors left earlier on, it just shows conors power doesnt translate well in boxing or at least against mayweather. Mayweather didnt respect his power and walked him down, down the stretch

Floyd knew he would have to take some shots early on, and he walked right through them.

I would defend Conor's performance all day in the Diaz II fight - a brilliant performance that lots of people like to discredit.

But not this fight, dude - there were too many holes in his boxing game.

Ummm floyd did keep his word of going forward and he said doing it for the fans and wants to put on a show

As for eating conors left earlier on, it just shows conors power doesnt translate well in boxing or at least against mayweather. Mayweather didnt respect his power and walked him down, down the stretch

Once he gassed, he walked him down. There's a reason he didn't try to do that prior to the fourth round. Floyd had to adapt in this fight.

Floyd knew he would have to take some shots early on, and he walked right through them.

I would defend Conor's performance all day in the Diaz II fight - a brilliant performance that lots of people like to discredit.

But not this fight, dude - there were too many holes in his boxing game.

When you say 'oh Floyd knew he would take shots', you're discrediting the early success McGregor had against Floyd. Winning 3 to 4 rounds against Floyd Mayweather is a huge accomplishment; landing 111 punches against him is a huge accomplishment. He's probably too one-dimensional to find success at this level of boxing but, with the skill set he had, he performed admirably. Few MMA fighters would land anything on Floyd no less win rounds and make it competitive for a good amount of time.

I was expecting the wild man
to get floyd out earlyish

instead he was straight out boxing him, we all know how that goes

at the stare down before the 1st round floyd looked terrified (look yourself. I think his nerves got the better of him and that first round floyd was maybe a little frozen) this was the time to go all out and try hit that 1 in a million, with the tenseness in floyd's body making it harder to take a punch too

where to now? Hate Sundays

As a hater, he acquitted himself well.
111 power strikes landed to 170, something like that?

They dont see that. Conor only won those rounds because floyd allowed it and that is the truth. Floyd doesnt have the speed to pepper and get out anymore and he adapted, something Conor couldnt do. Floyd is 40 yrs old and hadnt fought in 2 years this older floyd did his homework and put in the work and needed to fight an ugly fight he gave away those rounds and conor tagged him a few times but the weight cut got to him. Much respect to Conor for going in there and taking his ass whupping like a man but floyd went easy on him if you cant see that then we cant do anything for you.

So, you can only be smart, logical and sensible once proven wrong, even if all the evidence already suggests you are wrong even before the fight? You were one of the biggest Conor nuthuggers around here. What did you expect? Did you really expect a novice to beat the greatest boxer ever? And you're lucky this was the worst version of Floyd Mayweather. Imagine Conor vs 30yo Floyd.

Now that everyone knows where Conor is at boxing wise let's see him back in the UFC. I do feel bad for the people who paid a lot of money to see him and even the ones that bet on him.

I take my hat off to you dude.

You were a staunch McGregor supporter, yet I agree with everything you just said.

Conor thought he had cherry picked himself a washed up Floyd... Look at conors feet during the fight he kept crossing and joining his feet and moving back he couldn't generate any real power. Walking backwards takes a lot out of you some trainers make you do laps walking backwards just to get those muscles conditioned. Floyd doesnt have the speed and reflexes anymore and he ate a jab early on and couldnt get out of the way and you saw it on his face. He knew he had to switch it up

Cucked hater, conor was amateur going against a goat and was in the fight for 30min ... you Morons never saying " so and so cArried a fighter" in MMA... rubbish

Back