As a Poatan fan - Hill knocks him out. Poatan should have ducked hill for a bigger fight like Izzy.

I am a HUGE Pereira fan and was even back in the Glory days.
I am very scared for Pereira going in, I think it's at least a 50/50 and Jamahal is being underrated HARD by everyone.

Yeah I think people are letting the fighters personalities cloud their judgement at least a little, in that Pereira is a fan favorite & people generally don't find Hill that likeable given how salty he comes across in interviews etc.

Taking that out of the equation and just looking at the matchup itself they are very evenly matched, assuming that Hill is actually healed fully from his injury. Hopefully that's the case because I'd hate for the main event to be a letdown just because Hill may have came back too soon.

Alex doesn't rely on his chin. He hand fights a lot and stays out of range. He has a weakness though. If you crowd him then he doesn't like it. Sometimes he throws really hard but if you can survive it then you can counter him. He throws mainly single shots.
This is the issue Hill is a fighter that crowds fighters

Poatans chin is really bad so he could get knocked out. But Jamawl Hill is a fat fuck with mantits so I dont see him getting close to Alex. Whoever doesnt lose will win I guess.

I don't know man.. I just watched Hill vs Santos and saw some serious issues with Hill's standup. Number one is that his stance is super long and he makes zero effort to defend the low kick. His answer to the low is to counter, which is fine against a basic, predictable striker like Santos, but against Pereira's heavy, no tell low kick, trading low kick for counter isn't a winning strategy. Also Hill is all offense and is very much there to be hit. If Pereira can find the chin of a cagey boxer like Strickland, he sure as hell can find the permanently exposed chin of a sloppy guy like Hill.

Hill can and should expose Pereira's grappling if he has the brains to actually prioritize the takedown. However, this is the guy who tried to play jiu-jitsu with Craig. I wouldn't be surprised if his ego compelled him to 'make a statement' by striking with Alex.

Idk how many times I've read "big fan, but" like you're not fooling anyone lol

I think Hill will win a decision…

He will be too focused on defense and using his movement to actually throw anything hard, but he fights well off of his back-foot and should be able to get off quickly and avoid anything big from Pereira.
Zero chance Hill wins by decision if the fight stays on the feet. Alex will chop down Hill’s legs over 5 rounds. If he doesn’t catch Alex with some big early, he’s not winning.

This is the issue Hill is a fighter that crowds fighters

Strickland is a guy who excels at crowding fighters. He got obliterated.
After getting his leg destroyed, Jiri rolled the dice and had minor success crowding Alex ..the second time he tried it, he got levelled.

It ain't that easy, especially if you charge in with your chin in the air like Hill.

big Hill right overhand hitting air into a left hook KO by Alex.
I dont think Hill will have sweet dreams that night.

I'm a huge fan of Hill, but I think he's a mediocre talent and Poatan will knock him out fairly quickly and easily.

Not Reading Thread, Happy To Answer Title = NRTHTAT.

Um, poatan is not a hostess twinkie?

Why u tink fatboi gonna slide?

It’s amazing how everyone keeps pointing out that Pereira fights with his hands down and chin up in the air, moving straight back and can’t even grapple that well.

Somehow Pereira keeps winning championships and has gotten caught once when going full offense against a great striker.

Maybe… Maybe there’s more to it?! :eek:

They don't want to admit that sir, it fucks up their narrative.

"Huge fan" but you want him to find a way to duck the guys you deem the most dangerous lol, huge fanboy maybe I guess. ;)

Much respect to Pereira for taking the toughest challenges regardless of the result.

Yup, Poatan is a gladiator sir.
Fights who they put in front of him.

Holy fucking shit an honest Alex fan.

I'm looking outside to see the flying police choppers.

If not for the Achilles I'd be expecting a Jones v Shogun sort of result here tbh.

Potan will chop those legs down to nothing and knock him out coming in. Those brutal leg kicks will make this fight. They’ll turn Hill into a wrestler.

Back