Ashley Madison hacked, user profiles and databases to be released if demands not met

Doughbelly

action scientist αlpha-nerd
@Gold
Reaction score
ashley-madison-screenshot-640x407.jpg

So we all know about this website Ashley Madison, which is an online dating/social network that facilitates cheating. They've been hacked by a group calling themselves the Impact Team. Evidently, Ashley Madison charged you $20 to delete your profile after you used it, but according to the hackers, they cheated and didn't do that at all.

Now the Impact Team is threatening to expose all users if Ashley Madison and it's other affiliated sites don't shut down:

impact-team-ashley-madison-threat.jpg

Any Sherdoggers freaking out at this news? Cheaters gonna get what they're gonna get?

Well, you want to cheat, there's a risk of getting caught. You want to cheat and make a profile for it online, this can happen.

good that website enabling cheating and anyone who uses it knows if you play with fire...

Good the cheaters should get caught because the spouses deserve to know that they are being cheated on.

Meh, not much sympathy from me.

I don't see how they could release all the data in a way that people could search it... If they created a public database it would probably be de-listed or hard to find. What I'm saying is some housewife is gonna have a hard time finding her husband's name in that database.

saw this yesterday or the day before. surprised it took so long to surface in the berry to be perfectly honest.

Married, never cheated so don't care.

Still think its interesting. I'm sure there's some people freaking out. But I did see an interview one time of a woman who was on the site and said she expected to get caught eventually. Way for her to lash out. Whatever. sound cowardly.

Oh, well. Sucks for them. No sympathy here.

I hate doxxing people and I hate cheating. It's hard to pick a dog in this fight.

A friend of mine has a pretty important position with Avid Life Media. Today has not been a good day for him.

Been married for 19 years and never cheated. You play with fire, you're going to get your pubic hairs singed.

The gotten to and shenanigans will be immense.

don't feel sorry for them. guess they'll eventually get what they deserve.

Even if they release it are they going to do so in a way that can be seen easily and names can be search? Most people won't even know this happened much less where to get the info. Most people are just not informed about anything these days.

saw this yesterday or the day before. surprised it took so long to surface in the berry to be perfectly honest.

Yeah, a lot of the current event type posters have been banned, moved on or have become War Ro_Om zealots. This would have been the kind of thing netgeek posted before he got bant.

Back