• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Askren: "Colby Covington is is a poor mans version of me"

At least he didn't get submitted by him.

BlueAccurateBlackfly-size_restricted.gif

Uh, Hieron didn't submit Colby either...they never fought. Talk about apples and oranges...

Nah, Koreshkov and Lima both would have a good chance over RDA.

Warlley is a much uglier loss than any of Askren's.

His point wasn't MMA Math. It's all about match-ups. Current RDA is almost certainly a tougher match-up for Askren then Lima or a very young/green Koreshkov. RDA is very experienced at this point and his wrestling and TDD have improved over the years.

They're both a poor man's something.

Fighting the Dong, Maia and dos Anjos and being close to a fight with Tyron trumps beating Agilan Thani, Kadestam Sebastian and even Shinya.

Other than that it's just cheap talk and living in the past, with all due respect to Ben's wrestling accomplishments ten years ago.

I really wanted to see Ben vs GSP when it mattered, I moved on now.

Yea dude you left out the 2 guys Askren manhandled who each beat top UFC talent. Lima beat Larkin handily and damn near beat Rory. Koreshkov handled Bendo with ease.

Which one of askrens fights leads you to believe so? Not being argumentative, just wondering. Colby, as far as I've seen, seems to be just as talented (or more) then Ben. But, it'd be an interesting scrap.

Askren's a bad match-up for Colby imo, he completely takes away Colby's greatest strength and likely takes the fight to him there. Of course no one knows for sure unless they fight but I think Ben would be in control for most of it. Colby is definitely a very good fighter though and is improving like crazy. I'm curious to see how he fares against Tyron if the fight happens.

You know hieron was on somewhat of a streak before coming back to the ufc l, you can make the argument he was better then than when he fought gsp. You also know that gsp had a ton of hype and I mean a ton of hype back there. I mean he was looked at as the Hughes replacement when Matt was still good
Herion has never had a good ufc run, every time he has made it to the big show he has proved he doesn’t belong there , losses and goes back to minor Orgs.

And he gave Askren real trouble.

Let that shit sink in.

<TheWire1>

I'm confused. Did Askren just make fun of himself? He crapped on Colby for "Couldn’t accomplish in wrestling, and trash talking sounds like his IQ is 85(which it may be although I can’t confirm)!"

But then he says Colby is a poor man's version of himself. So in effect Ben's saying that he "Couldn’t accomplish in wrestling, and trash talking sounds like his IQ is 85(which it may be although I can’t confirm)!"

Yea dude you left out the 2 guys Askren manhandled who each beat top UFC talent. Lima beat Larkin handily and damn near beat Rory.
So what you're saying is Askren beat a guy that beat a guy that nearly beat an actual good fighter? And that's the highest achievement of Askren's MMA career.

{<jordan}

His point wasn't MMA Math. It's all about match-ups. Current RDA is almost certainly a tougher match-up for Askren then Lima or a very young/green Koreshkov. RDA is very experienced at this point and his wrestling and TDD have improved over the years.

Imagine a bigger, stronger, better wrestler than Khabib (and way better than Colby lol) if you want an idea of what RDA-Askren would look like.

So what you're saying is Askren beat a guy that beat a guy that nearly beat an actual good fighter? And that's the highest achievement of Askren's MMA career.

{<jordan}

Lima beat Larkin.

Andrey handled Bendo.

Neither were competitive with Askren.

Lima beat Larkin.

Andrey handled Bendo.

Neither were competitive with Askren.
Hang on, let me get my calculator out so I can calculate all the MMAth that proves Askren is at least mid-level.

Herion has never had a good ufc run, every time he has made it to the big show he has proved he doesn’t belong there , losses and goes back to minor Orgs.

And he gave Askren real trouble.

Let that shit sink in.

<TheWire1>

My fault I should had clarified I meant to say he was on a good streak on minor orgs that earned him a ticket back to the ufc so the guy didn’t suck is all I’m saying. I think askren is good just not as good as he himself thinks is all, I think Colby actually beats him

I think Askren is the poor man's Colby at this point. Maybe some years ago Ben was the superior version. Not now. Colby pushes his shit in at this point.

Back