Askren-Jorge rematch

Jorge bitched about lawler not getting a rematch and now does the same thing to askren

One was a very controversial stoppage and the other was a 5 second murder. Not quite the same justification for a rematch.

Why?
That's a massive step backwards for Masvidal.
His next fight should be a title shot.

Dana can't be trusted with making immediate rematches or else you end up with:
Frankie Edgar vs BJ Penn - 2x,
then Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard - 2x,
then Frankie Edgar vs Benson Henderson - 2x

Maia lost to Woodley, Covington, Usman, Shields, Weidman an Munoz, it is myth he beats all top grapplers.

best he beat was Fitch or Sonnen
askren got weaker striking than maia. and he doesnt wanna take him down. LOL askren gets ktfo on the feet.

TS, you wanna see the first death in the Octagon?

Win some fights and earn it

It would be a good filler fight in between regular length fights on the card

why am i underlines

I don't "know" anything, my tapology prediction was Masvidal via submission so I was still off lol.

But Ben has nothing for him, and it showed in him being a complete dumbass driving into someones knee because that's all he knows how to do.

Whatever. He got KOed in 5 seconds so you have no way of saying something like "He had nothing for him and would get worked if the fight went the distance"....

He took a gamble and ran at him with a hail mary flying knee and it worked and looked amazing; but it is what it is....

Can write it off as just that you are emotional and happy with the amazingly cool win and lost a bit of your common sense :)

Whatever. He got KOed in 5 seconds so you have no way of saying something like "He had nothing for him and would get worked if the fight went the distance"....

He took a gamble and ran at him with a hail mary flying knee and it worked and looked amazing; but it is what it is....

Can write it off as just that you are emotional and happy with the amazingly cool win and lost a bit of your common sense :)
A fighter whose IQ is that low to drive his head into a flying knee when someone is sprinting towards them has nothing for one of the craftier guys in the division in my eyes.

He is; he posted "that sucked" on his twitter :)
he will never fight again. he got exposed for being one dimensional. that knee was calculated to send a message to askren to discourage him from panic-shooting. Check mate off the get.

out before UFC even got timer up

giphy.gif

Holy shit!!!

Askren should neither train nor fight for a while. And I think we'll probably see him fight again, but I wouldn't be shocked if we didn't. He's a smart guy, and getting KTFO like that can make a lot of people go "fuck this fucking shit - I'm moving on." His only win in the UFC was a questionable one, and he took a fucking beating in that fight too. So that's two beatings in a row. Plus, he's fighting tougher competition than he's used to, so a third one could very well be waiting for him in his next fight. Plus, he's in his mid thirties. I wouldn't blame him for prioritising his post-career health and quality of life if that's what he chooses to do at this point.

The best thing for him might be to go 1-1 in the UFC and say he got his chance past his prime.

As an Askren fan who considers that a massive fluke, no. Masvidal won fair and square, he deserves a title eliminator type fight now. Askren needs some serious time off to heal. He can still go on one more run, if his heart is in it after this.

I think we can safely say that result wouldn't happen again but that's on ben.
His game plan is the most obvious in the game and he shoots in the first 1 or 2 seconds. What did he expect? He set nothing up.

why? This wasnt luck/

Gamebred watched previous Askrens hugging and crotch sniffing and realised that the man is a bum who bends and rushes to grab people with his arms wide and face out

I still dont get how Robbie had his fight stolen from him after beating Askren into a walking death???

Asshat is 0-2 in his last UFC fights, he should fight top 50

Back