ASoIaF/GoT Spoiler Thread v6: The Delicious Tears of Castamere

Status
Not open for further replies.
I blame Cersei. No one cares about that bitch.

Dunno her chapters were fun. Was great seeing her be super arrogant and cocky while making a bunch of shitty decisions and turning into a drunk etc.

One of those characters you love to hate.

Ahahahahah classic. Love the woman who said last nights episode hurt more than giving birth to 8 and 9 pound babies. I might join twitter cause I wanna follow the chick who says "and Roose Bolton is a punk ass buster". So do you think all the people saying they're done with the show are actually gonna stop watching? Or is this more of a Nick Diaz type post-fight rage quit?

I was doing well up until they stabbed the pregnant chicks stomach, caught me off guard considering it wasn't in the book and did not like it.

So do most people I think. I really hope he survives the series.

I actually kinda think the series might be spoiling things a little bit since the writers know "the broad strokes" of how GRRM plans to tell the story. When Arya said "Someday I'm going to stab you through the head with a sword" or something, I don't remember that being in the book. I kinda think they might be foreshadowing some stuff now. There was another thing someone said in a previous episode, but it escapes me at the moment.

They pretty much nailed the RW.
They obviously can't keep the scenes word for word, but I'm happy with how they pulled it off.

I was doing well up until they stabbed the pregnant chicks stomach, caught me off guard considering it wasn't in the book and did not like it.

yeah, that was quite a shock even as someone who read the book. There's gotta be a special place in hell or something for a dude that'll kill a woman by stabbing her pregnant stomach a bunch of times. Even the devil would say "Whoa, bro, kinda harsh".

I actually kinda think the series might be spoiling things a little bit since the writers know "the broad strokes" of how GRRM plans to tell the story. When Arya said "Someday I'm going to stab you through the head with a sword" or something, I don't remember that being in the book. I kinda think they might be foreshadowing some stuff now. There was another thing someone said in a previous episode, but it escapes me at the moment.

Part of me thinks he might die killing off zombiegregor but that seems way too cliche.
I don't want Arya to kill him whatever happens, but his past coming back to bite him after he seems to have turned over a new leaf would fit in well with this series.

yeah, that was quite a shock even as someone who read the book. There's gotta be a special place in hell or something for a dude that'll kill a woman by stabbing her pregnant stomach a bunch of times. Even the devil would say "Whoa, bro, kinda harsh".

I thought she'd die, I mean the minute they included her at the wedding her fate was sealed. But seeing the blood shooting out of her noticeably pregnant stomach, god damn.

I think they should leave Sandor's story alone. It's great where it is and him coming back and killing his dead brother would kinda lessen it. Him finding peace without going out and getting that revenge or even a redemption moment is better.

Last edited:
I'm glad she got killed so brutally, I found her character so annoying. I would have taken the completely replaceable and irrelevant Jeyne Westerling version of Robb's wife over Talisa.

I'm loving the strong reaction this episode is getting. The internet collectively wept after the Red Wedding, people will go Mardi Gras fucking nuts after the purple wedding.

I think they should leave Sandor's story alone. It's great where it is and him coming back and killing his dead brother would kinda lesson it. Him finding peace without going out and getting that revenge or even a redemption moment is better.

I agree. As it stands The Hound has an amazing character arc.

I was really holding out for the confirmation of her pregnancy being a reveal that wasn't in the books, but also figured she was either dead when they got to the Twins, or they'd show her tearfully leave Robb behind.

Pretty much a confirmation that it doesn't matter if she was knocked up or not in the books.

Could be, but OTOH, it could just be exposition to bring out how bitter and angry Arya is becoming.

The really spoilerish stuff IMO has to do with the characters they're leaving out, which IMO is actually making for a better story - the story GRRM should have told when the books were originally supposed to be a trilogy before the series became a license to print money. Strong Belwas, Brown Ben Plumm and a lot of the Dany in Essos shite that GRRM is apparently writing for the sole benefit of his wife.

Did the Freys know that Talisa was pregnant?

I thought how she bought it was absolutely horrifying, in a good way. The look on her face was just awful.

Walder Frey just sipping his wine as all this is going on, including his young wife's throat getting slit.

Great, great scene.

You like Cat frenzy?
Yeah. She was a bitch to Jon but she knew she was and I understand from a woman's POV why she was too. All she wanted was the best for her children and to see her go out like that in the books was pretty horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back