Aspinall teases Pereira fight?

Yeah man. The guy that fought Sergei Pavlovich whilst injured on 17 day's notice doesn't want to fight any real heavyweights because he's scared about his cardio failing.

Sound logic.

Is Sergei Pavlovich known for having good conditioning or known for his fights ending in the first round?

Sound logic.

Nah it's more that Gane doesn't deserve a shot at any form of title right now, and he ducked Aspinall when Aspinall came to France and tried to set himself up vs the Gane/Spivak winner.

So Gane "doesn't deserve a shot at any form of the title right now" but a fighter who was fighting in a division with a limit 80 pounds below the 265 limit earlier this year does?

If Aspinall wants to call himself a HW champion he needs to fight actual HWs plain and simple.

So Gane "doesn't deserve a shot at any form of the title right now" but a fighter who was fighting in a division with a limit 80 pounds below the 265 limit earlier this year does?

If Aspinall wants to call himself a HW champion he needs to fight actual HWs plain and simple.

I'm against the Pereira fight happening overall but you can argue he deserves a HW title shot more than Gane at this point. 2 division champ and they're looking for a freak show super fight for UFC 300 it appears. Pereira should be fighting the Ankalaev / Walker 2 winner next but it is what it is.

Gane needs to do more to get back in a title fight then beating Sergei Spivak after he was absolutely murked by Jones. Personally I'm against the same guy getting multiple interim title shots, it feels a little silly. He should fight Pavlovich next, he doesn't have a better option currently. Seems like he won't get Aspinall so that's the way to go, otherwise if he's picky he can wait for the Blaydes / Almeida winner later in the year.

Is Sergei Pavlovich known for having good conditioning or known for his fights ending in the first round?

Sound logic.
You're missing the point. It isn't about the opponent.

A guy who is concerned about his cardio isn't taking fights on 2 weeks notice while having an injury.

Besides, if there's anybody that Aspinall is not afraid to fight, it's Ciryl Gane who he's been calling out for the past 2 years. It's been Gane who has wanted nothing to do with Aspinall for all that time. Even directly shutting down a fight with Tom when Aspinall sat front row when Gane beat Spivak to specifically put that fight together.

Aspinall is well within his rights to be like "fuck that guy" and make him wait for a bit.

Gane should really beat somebody else before getting yet another title fight anyway. You can't just win single fight after every title fight you lose in and get another opportunity.

Defending the interim belt doesn’t make sense. It really doesn’t matter who it’s against. I’d they wanna fight just for fighting sale then yeah. Why not? But not for the belt.

It's an awesome fight and I don't care about both of their belts - hot potato LHW belt vs interim belt... JFL - so just book it.

Hate to see Alex go up to HW. He should make bucks and wear out LHW.

I don't think Pereira could overcome the strenght size disatvantage.

If he wins this he still has a title, I mean if he losses it. So he doesn't lose title money. If he fights at LHW and losses title money is gone.

Back