Aspinall teases Pereira fight?

Lmao. Jones fans desperate for Aspinall to get knocked off before Jones is healthy enough to fight again.

Poatan ain't winning this in a million years if it's booked. Aspinall is still going to he there calling out your boy to unify.

I mean, he literally stated thats the reason why he doesn't want to fight him.

But he also said he has never turned down an opponent that the UFC offered him and doesn't plan on doing so anytime soon, so it's just as likely Gane was never offered.

If Poatan has been offered, he'll have said yes. If Gane was offered, he'd have said yes.

I would find it very strange that a man who accepted a fight with the scariest man in the division, on 17 days notice, with a back injury, would all of a sudden start carefully picking his opponents.

It also seems pretty obvious that if this fight were to happen, then Poatan is the one who is keen on it, not Tom. Alex would be the only one to gain something from this fight.
Good on him for not turning down a fight but he should take the Gane fight now and silence the critics. Aspinall vs Gane is the fight to make but we know how the UFC is all about the show now so it makes sense they would try to do the perriera fight as they can whip a lot of publicity about it and with the meh fights outlined for UFC 300 they need something to grab the headlines.

Tom can can gain an easy paycheck fighting perriera. Perriera is a slow plodding striker now which is perfect for Tom and his speed and takedowns.

Kickboxers are different. Most of those dudes have hundreds of fights. I don't know how. MMA fighters are shot and chinny at 30 fights and you have kickboxers with 100+ fights under their belts still in their prime.
Bigger gloves, no elbows or knees, less cuts and damage. Shorter rounds and fights. No ground based damage or follow up shots if you go down. Can take a standing count for a breather. Two or three knockdowns in a round is usually TKO. Much more often you see corner stoppages. Tons of breaks in fights for excessive clinching or grappling.

MMA's current rules are way more brutal. Guys literally are winning matches and telling people they don't even remember winning because the concussion are shutting them out and putting them on autopilot. Guys get knocked down then pounded with 10-20 more shots for free while the ref is standing there.

Kickboxers are different. Most of those dudes have hundreds of fights. I don't know how. MMA fighters are shot and chinny at 30 fights and you have kickboxers with 100+ fights under their belts still in their prime.
Wrestling training. Anybody who trains will tell you that the vast majority of their injuries/wear and tear came from wrestling and grappling.

That's why MMA guys' bodies start falling apart much sooner than kickboxers' or boxers' bodies do.

Tom knocks the daylights out of Alex I’m so tired of everybody saying Alex could be a 3 division world champion, like dudes lost to some pretty light Light heavyweights in his kickboxing days, also Alex has no takedown defence

Oh, I have plenty of interest in that fight. I'd just MUCH rather have Aspinall vs. Jones and Pereira vs. Hill. I just don't see the point in having Pereira fighting for an interim belt and Aspinall defending an interim belt. Interim belts shouldn't be defended they should be unified. If it can't be unified it's time to strip Jones and just move on. If you make Aspinall vs. Pereira it needs to be for THE HW belt not the interim belt. You can't just let Jones keep squatting on the belt waiting to fight Stipe. I get he's injured but he's still just wanting to fight Stipe when he returns. Fuck that. That's not the fight that anyone wants. Stipe is on the wrong side of 49, hasn't fought in nearly three years and got KTFO last time out. Make Jones commit to fighting Aspinall or strip his ass.

I agree, it won't happen though bc of the bald goof. I get its a business and Stipe vs Jones for the HW title just sounds, and probably sells, a little better. But it's a total joke of a fight. It makes a complete mockery of the sport and is an insult to the fighters of the division.

Also, it might not even sell better if they would do more promotion for people like Aspinal. The amount of favoritism and things like that really make me dislike that the sport. It's embarrassing. It's like going down the same path as boxing.

Sherdog too many fighters wanting to move up defends your title first :mad:

Sherdog when Alex wants to go up for a third belt with zero defences, yes please go up

Aspinall would absolutely destroy Pereira. Wouldn't be remotely close. Izzy took down Pereira for fuck sakes.

That said, Pereira attempting to be the first ever triple champ* on UFC 300 is just too perfect to pass up. 3rd centennial of PPV events and 3rd belt? It markets itself.

Biggest mismatch is combat sports history, Alex has zero chance.

The Pereira fanboys should bet their accounts on whether he can get back up to his feet if Aspinall takes him down lol. :D

It's just a fun fight on what is going to be like a novelty event. This isn't a standard PPV or that's not how it's being advertised. Not sure why people are so against it. And Aspinall does have something to gain here, Pereira is kind of a big deal in the mma world right now. A win on 300 will help grow his brand.

View attachment 1019437

I have zero interest in this fight. A champ with ZERO defenses, not defending his belt, but fighting an interim champ who will just take him down and tap him like he did Volkov. Even if Pereira wins hes not truly a triple-champ so there goes that storyline. There's no beef & Aspinall has the personality of instant potatoes so it's not even going to sell well. UFC 300 can be just fine without this nonsensical division clogging matchup. By the time Pereira comes back to 205 Ankalaev, Jamahal, & Rakic will be deserving of a title shot. Hell Khalil is 1 good win away. But yeah let's fuck up the division just as it's gaining steam.
Pretty sure that's what Poatans MMAMath was alluding to.

View attachment 1019437

I have zero interest in this fight. A champ with ZERO defenses, not defending his belt, but fighting an interim champ who will just take him down and tap him like he did Volkov. Even if Pereira wins hes not truly a triple-champ so there goes that storyline. There's no beef & Aspinall has the personality of instant potatoes so it's not even going to sell well. UFC 300 can be just fine without this nonsensical division clogging matchup. By the time Pereira comes back to 205 Ankalaev, Jamahal, & Rakic will be deserving of a title shot. Hell Khalil is 1 good win away. But yeah let's fuck up the division just as it's gaining steam.
Do it. I don’t care about divisions. I want cool fights.

How Pereira beats Aspinall (according to Pereira fans) :D

jorge-masvidal-ufc.gif

I agree, it won't happen though bc of the bald goof. I get its a business and Stipe vs Jones for the HW title just sounds, and probably sells, a little better. But it's a total joke of a fight. It makes a complete mockery of the sport and is an insult to the fighters of the division.

Also, it might not even sell better if they would do more promotion for people like Aspinal. The amount of favoritism and things like that really make me dislike that the sport. It's embarrassing. It's like going down the same path as boxing.
I think its moreso Dana is a bit of a fighter/brand fanboy, he wants to protect the idea of Jones as the GOAT moreso than he wants to put on the best selling fights.

No way on earth does Jones/Stipe sell better than Jones/Apsinal, Stipe was never really a big draw and he's now coming off a terrible loss over 2 years ago well past 40 were as Tom is coming off a great win months ago.

Back