Multiplatform Assassin’s Creed Shadows

To me it just feels kind of forced. They broke tradition just to include this person into the game. The last several games were not based on historical people and always featured a male and female choice that fit into the setting. I'm kind of surprised you have this take. Asian males have been erased from a lot of stuff in Western media and I think that's what why people are upset about not having that choice. Even going back to the days of the Kung Fu TV show and having Bruce fucking Lee of all people replaced. Then you have shows like Shogun being mostly about a white dude, Last Samurai white dude. It's like they can't just have a badass Asian dude take the spot. That's why a lot of people were happy about Ghost of Tsushima.
You know you're a true deplorable when you're shilling for Ubisoft. They've been a shit company without the woke apocalypse adding to it.

I just don't get it, who are the retards pushing for this? I can understand DEI parasites gravitating towards successful brands like Disney and Marvel, but Ubisoft??

They can't go bankrupt soon enough.

aByQ62z_460swp.webp

I personally think making Yasuke the main male character was a mistake for a WHOLE host of reasons. But let's keep it a buck. Everyone complaining about 'asian male representation' Didn't have shit to say when they were playing Nioh.

images.jpg

Yes where was the complaints of asian male erasure when you were playing as a white englishman who probably never even swung a sword in battle?

Once again @Killer Kadoogan and all the other 'gamers' who claim to care about race in gaming are hypocrites.

Bold words from somebody who earned their Sherdog Brown Belt by just bitching about me.

i truly feel honored to be your entire priorities list.

You make up such a small amount of my attention and posts it's almost comical you attribute a belt to yourself.

I'm starting to think that while you complain about him, you and @Siver! are either the same person or related.

Ubisoft basically saying nothing ever fucking happened in Africa, so of course you gotta jump at any mention of a black man anywhere else in history. So stupid and patronizing.

There's been numerous Samurai games over the last few years though, were there really fans clamoring for another - under the Assassins Creed series - with a japanese male lead?

If the entertainment industry was in a drought for Samurai games, TV, and movies I'd be sympathetic but they're becoming what zombies were in the 2000s & 2010s.

The fact that its tricky to tell if she's a masculine female or feminine male at first glance.

They don't do that on accident.

This is quite a reach. She basically looks like an average asian female without makeup on.

Ubisoft basically saying nothing ever fucking happened in Africa, so of course you gotta jump at any mention of a black man anywhere else in history. So stupid and patronizing.
Origins was set in Africa.

I personally think making Yasuke the main male character was a mistake for a WHOLE host of reasons. But let's keep it a buck. Everyone complaining about 'asian male representation' Didn't have shit to say when they were playing Nioh.

View attachment 1044317

Yes where was the complaints of asian male erasure when you were playing as a white englishman who probably never even swung a sword in battle?

Once again @Killer Kadoogan and all the other 'gamers' who claim to care about race in gaming are hypocrites.
Why don't you think Yasuke is a good main character?

I think Yasuke is fine, I don't really care. If you think it looks cool, buy it. If you don't think it looks cool, ignore it. I'll pick it up once it goes on sale and all the bugs have been worked out.

Tenchu was fine.

View attachment 1044317

lmao, are you really comparing Team Ninja's intentions to Ubisoft?

My post was mainly mocking "journalists" and far left DEI leeches allying with Ubisoft, as though they are a smart target to push identity politics with. Ubisoft has been mostly trash for a quite a while now. it's a good thing for the rest of us though, as it will hasten the eventual course correction from the woke nonsense plaguing everything.

As for the protag being Yasuke... Like @Zazen said, their breaking tradition here isn't likely to tell the richest story possible.

Last edited:
About a black guy being the main character, I couldn’t care less. Just like I didn’t care about Tom Cruise being the main character in The Last Samurai or the main character in Nioh being white.
Just seems to strange to just care about this one case.

I'll most likely skip, unless I am bored and see it on sale. Valhalla was beautiful, but awful and a chore to get through.

This does make me wish for a Ghost of Tsushima 2 announcement soon...

Are there any recent samurai/ninja open world games with RPG elements? I wanted to play Ghost of Tsushima but I found out you can't lvl up, no talent points, equipment upgrades, etc..

Are there any recent samurai/ninja open world games with RPG elements? I wanted to play Ghost of Tsushima but I found out you can't lvl up, no talent points, equipment upgrades, etc..

Rise of The Ronin is probably the only one i can thing of close to it

Making the protagonist black in the first Assassins Creed set in Japan seems like it would piss off both the woke and anti-woke crowd. Hollywood has long tradition of treating Asian males like shit. No clue what they were thinking.

Making the protagonist black in the first Assassins Creed set in Japan seems like it would piss off both the woke and anti-woke crowd. Hollywood has long tradition of treating Asian males like shit. No clue what they were thinking.
They took real life events and twisted it like they always do in AC games. Not really anything to over think. They just did an anime that also did well so they probably wantes to use it as well.

View attachment 1044317

It was from a Japanese developer though.

There's been numerous Samurai games over the last few years though, were there really fans clamoring for another - under the Assassins Creed series - with a japanese male lead?

If the entertainment industry was in a drought for Samurai games, TV, and movies I'd be sympathetic but they're becoming what zombies were in the 2000s & 2010s.

The fact that its tricky to tell if she's a masculine female or feminine male at first glance.

They don't do that on accident.

LOL that first pic looks ridiculous. Do you have a significant other? That is how women look without makeup on.

LOL that first pic looks ridiculous. Do you have a significant other? That is how women look without makeup on.

Yes, I do.
Is accusing those you disagree with of being incels always your first debating tactic, even with videogames?

Back