At what point do we stop responding to drug ODs?

J

John Wang

I say if someone has been revived from an OD once, they should get branded/tattoo'd so that it is known. Then if they OD again, they will not be revived.. fucking retards.

What say you, burries?

i dont believe people who try to end themselves should be prioritized as the same emergencies as others, lets say people who had real accidents, health problems or are victims of violence should be top and stupid shit morons do to themselves should be at the bottom, they still should be treated, but only if there is time

With some of the synthetic stuff out there, revivals can be impossible. If you OD on opiods today, there is a strong chance that you are going to die. Natural selection, I suppose.

With some of the synthetic stuff out there, revivals can be impossible. If you OD on opiods today, there is a strong chance that you are going to die. Natural selection, I suppose.
If they do it twice, we should let them pass.

People OD by accident all the time.

"I had no remorse whatsoever about my overdose,but i was pissed at myself for having died" - Slash

Interesting topic, because on the local radio news updates today was a piece about a local official asking if it's a requirement for them to respond to OD calls. They're on track to spend $100k on Naloxone this year

Interesting topic, because on the local radio news updates today was a piece about a local official asking if it's a requirement for them to respond to OD calls. They're on track to spend $100k on Naloxone this year
Ughh.. that sucks

I worked as a barback and dude on the couch OD'd,carried him out and called the ambulance. They just put him on a stretcher into the back while his friends laughed. They were too high to know what was goin on.

I know one of the detectives on the beach here, so I usually hear about all of the ODs and arrests/deaths/etc. The other week, they went and revived some chick who had OD'd earlier in the day, tried to take her to the hospital but she refused. Later on in the same day, she OD'd again and died.

Unfortunately, it just becomes a waste of resources to try and help the same people who don't want to be helped. But...y'atleast gotta try.

I know one of the detectives on the beach here, so I usually hear about all of the ODs and arrests/deaths/etc. The other week, they went and revived some chick who had OD'd earlier in the day, tried to take her to the hospital but she refused. Later on in the same day, she OD'd again and died.

Unfortunately, it just becomes a waste of resources to try and help the same people who don't want to be helped. But...y'atleast gotta try.
No you don't have to try! At least not a second time

Big pharma would have none of this.

Herron is being demonized now (yes it is fucking bad) but LEGAL drugs kill more people per capita every day than illegal drugs.

People OD by accident all the time.
I got that. Unless they were slipped the drugs by someone else, I'm also not all that sympathetic who takes so much that they cause their body to shut down.

Big pharma would have none of this.

Herron is being demonized now (yes it is fucking bad) but LEGAL drugs kill more people per capita every day than illegal drugs.
Legal drugs taken legally with a prescription and in accordance with the instructions of the doctor who is prescribing them?

I'm tired of people looking at alcoholics/ drug addicts like they are victims, and then people treat them like hero's with they sober up. Take some responsibility in your life.

I'm tired of people looking at alcoholics/ drug addicts like they are victims, and then people treat them like hero's with they sober up. Take some responsibility in your life.
Amen

Legal drugs taken legally with a prescription and in accordance with the instructions of the doctor who is prescribing them?

Yes.

https://www.asam.org/docs/default-source/advocacy/opioid-addiction-disease-facts-figures.pdf

National Opioid Overdose Epidemic • Drug overdose is the leading cause of accidental death in the US, with 52,404 lethal drug overdoses in 2015. Opioid addiction is driving this epidemic, with 20,101 overdose deaths related to prescription pain relievers, and 12,990 overdose deaths related to heroin in 2015. 5 • From 1999 to 2008, overdose death rates, sales and substance use disorder treatment admissions related to prescription pain relievers increased in parallel. The overdose death rate in 2008 was nearly four times the 1999 rate; sales of prescription pain relievers in 2010 were four times those in 1999; and the substance use disorder treatment admission rate in 2009 was six times the 1999 rate. 6 • In 2012, 259 million prescriptions were written for opioids, which is more than enough to give every American adult their own bottle of pills.7 • Four in five new heroin users started out misusing prescription painkillers. 8 • 94% of respondents in a 2014 survey of people in treatment for opioid addiction said they chose to use heroin because prescription opioids were “far more expensive and harder to obtain.”

Back