ATF who? NFA what? Fostech Origin SBV

Teppodama

A Dude, playing a Dude, disquised as another Dude
@Silver
Reaction score
Mr. Hogg would likely squeal his head off on this one

Got to admit, that thing looks pretty fun. However, I think it sort of loses the point of the difference between a shotgun and a rifle for sustained fire engagements.

All the glory for a a mere $2750

Last edited:
Oh to have all the $ in the world and try it out. :oops:
That thing is a straight beast. When you absolutely need to clear the building in the most savage way possible.

I ain't gonna lie. I've drooled.
Seriously though, after a certain point you might as well go with a rifle if your looking for mag fed sustainable rapid fire engagements. When you design your shotgun to act like a rifle, might as well go with a rifle.

Seriously though, after a certain point you might as well go with a rifle if your looking for mag fed sustainable rapid fire engagements. When you design your shotgun to act like a rifle, might as well go with a rifle.

Yeah well, it's this type of experimentation the leads to optimal "regulation". :D

Yeah well, it's this type of experimentation the leads to optimal "regulation". :D
Lol yeah. Oh, and I want one of these like Charlie Sheen craves hookers and blow.

Oh to have all the $ in the world

FrankHarshHamadryas-size_restricted.gif

Ok, I'm waffling now about the Remington 870. I stopped by my local gun shop this afternoon and put hands on a couple different variants of Mossberg 500 and Remington 870. Gotta say the placement of the slide release on the Mossberg is much better than the Remington. Even with my freakishly long hands it's a bit awkward on the Remington if one doesn't want to have to take their hand off the forend or adjust ones grip on the stock.

Anyone got any insights into either or a recommendation on another manufacture model that stands up to comparisons on durability and price points or lower?

If there's something that stands up in comparison for the price then everyone in every conversation ever doesn't know or fails to mention it. :D

If there's something that stands up in comparison for the price then everyone in every conversation ever doesn't know or fails to mention it. :D
You got a preference? Any what do you consider to be essential modifications if any?

The conclusion I arrived at was it was a pick 'em sort of situation. Mossberg sounds cooler and had the sweet breaching muzzle device. I also like where the safety is at but don't think I considered that at the time. Never handled an 870.

Reminds me, now that I got a bench vice I can try to get the stubborn pistol grip screw off and attach the buttstock.

You got a preference? Any what do you consider to be essential modifications if any?

To answer the modification thing more directly, just adding the stock. If I wanted a fancy shotgun I'd step into a Benelli.

There's the ol' Winchester Model 12.

wm_7355298.jpg

To answer the modification thing more directly, just adding the stock. If I wanted a fancy shotgun I'd step into a Benelli.

There's the ol' Winchester Model 12.

wm_7355298.jpg
Personally, I'm thinking about a youth stock so i can pull the shotgun in tighter. Not that I have short arms but being able to really squeeze in on the shotgun appeals to me. 18" barrel suits my purpose for this shotgun. Having got to look at different sight options this afternoon, I believe I prefer ghost rings. Not overly worried about a mag extender but it's something for down the road. Not concerned about a breacher muzzle break. Do want a rail for a light. Do want a sling and shell carrier.

lol. I think that's about it. Not necessarily all at once, but added over time. Still got to get the rifle and get some practice time in. That's more important than any additions in my opinion. Might just go with a bog standard model in 18" of either and address the stock first then sights.

Ok, I'm waffling now about the Remington 870. I stopped by my local gun shop this afternoon and put hands on a couple different variants of Mossberg 500 and Remington 870. Gotta say the placement of the slide release on the Mossberg is much better than the Remington. Even with my freakishly long hands it's a bit awkward on the Remington if one doesn't want to have to take their hand off the forend or adjust ones grip on the stock.

Anyone got any insights into either or a recommendation on another manufacture model that stands up to comparisons on durability and price points or lower?

Depends on what stock you would prefer to run. People partial to pistol grips usually sway towards Remington’s crossbolt safety. People partial to traditional stocks prefer the Mossberg’s tang safety.

I own an 8 shot Mossberg 500. I’ve run my buddy’s 870. They shoot equally well. If I had to do it over again? I’d save the extra cash and go with the thicker barrel Mossberg 590.

Depends on what stock you would prefer to run. People partial to pistol grips usually sway towards Remington’s crossbolt safety. People partial to traditional stocks prefer the Mossberg’s tang safety.

I own an 8 shot Mossberg 500. I’ve run my buddy’s 870. They shoot equally well. If I had to do it over again? I’d save the extra cash and go with the thicker barrel Mossberg 590.
I believe I agree. I prefer a straight stock on a shotgun and I've been looking at the 590. Actually went by the local shop and put hands on the 590A1.

I believe I agree. I prefer a straight stock on a shotgun and I've been looking at the 590. Actually went by the local shop and put hands on the 590A1.

You won’t be disappointed. Or wait a bit to see how the 590M’s pan out. A detachable mag on a pump action might make things interesting.
D7E6C83A-26DD-4992-8596-6EAB1EF6B257.jpeg

Back