B.J. Penn Was The First To Hold Two Belts Simultaneously ( Proof Inside )

Draws are never supposed to be considered wins

The division was removed so there was no belt..

There was a belt and there was also two co-champions.

No belt around your waist...not a champion...

Don't get me wrong!
What BJ did was impressive!

But he went home without a belt and so did Uno...

Did they declare both of them "Co-Champion" inside the octagon after the fight?
Cant remember if that happened...and if so, probably to calm down the crowd...lol...
The final of a tourney for the belt ends in a 5 round draw...lol

Lots of fighters go home without belts after they win their championship match.

Yes, both were declared co-champions making B.J. Penn the UFC LW Co-Champion at the time he won the WW belt from Hughes.

No belt around your waist...not a champion...

Don't get me wrong!
What BJ did was impressive!

But he went home without a belt and so did Uno...

Did they declare both of them "Co-Champion" inside the octagon after the fight?
Cant remember if that happened...and if so, probably to calm down the crowd...lol...
The final of a tourney for the belt ends in a 5 round draw...lol
ya, i don't remember it either. i'm willing to give TS the benefit of the doubt. he probably watched it this week.

but just because they said that in the octagon doesn't mean it was "official".

all his sources say it was a draw. except his 'source' of 'just go watch the fight.

my source specifically says no one got the belt. "Without a definite outcome, the title remained vacant and eventually put the Lightweight division on hiatus"

but i'm willing to acknowledge they may have said something stupid like "co-champs" in the octagon. if i had fight pass right now i'd go watch, but i don't.

but they've said unofficial, incorrect, and downright wrong things in the octagon many times. for example, they said DJ lost against McCall. he didn't. they later corrected it.

shrug. he thinks he found a loophole and he's milking it for everything he can. it's cute, in a way.

Dan Henderson held the then current premier MMA belts for MW and LHW at the same time in 2007.

ya, i don't remember it either. i'm willing to give TS the benefit of the doubt. he probably watched it this week.

all his sources say it was a draw. except his 'source' of 'just go watch the fight.

my source specifically says no one got the belt.

but i'm willing to acknowledge they may have said something stupid like "co-champs" in the octagon. if i had fight pass right now i'd go watch, but i don't.

Every source is going to say it was a draw because that is what the fight was .. a draw. My sources also say both B.J. Penn and Uno were co-champions.

To be transparent I haven't watched the fight in some time.

my source specifically says no one got the belt. "Without a definite outcome, the title remained vacant and eventually put the Lightweight division on hiatus"

but they've said unofficial, incorrect, and downright wrong things in the octagon many times. for example, they said DJ lost against McCall. he didn't. they later corrected it.

shrug. he thinks he found a loophole and he's milking it for everything he can. it's cute, in a way.

Just noticed your edit

I don't think I found a loop whole. I am just pointing out some facts that some may have forgotten due to the recent UFC hype on Conor or simply don't know about because it happen before the sport became as popular as it is today.

The only proof we have here is that TS is good at grasping for straws.

TS own argument refutes his claim. At best BJ was a Champ Co-Champ and held 1.5 belts, he was not a Champ Champ holding 2 belts.

Draws are never supposed to be considered wins

And no-one is claiming the draw was a win.

The only proof we have here is that TS is good at grasping for straws.

B.J. Penn And Uno fought for LW Belt --- Check

Fight was a draw --- Check

UFC Declared both co-champions --- Check

B.J. beats Gomi to claim #1 LW Spot in the world -- Check

B.J. Penn then wins the WW belt from Hughes -- Check

Stop being in denial .. he was the first to do it and deserve the credit for it.

How could BJ have won the WW belt when Hughes only had it via a technicality?

168exwm.gif

I don't care what the official record says, that wasn't a slam, it was being choked unconscious and Newton happened to get dummy'd on the way down.

So yeah, BJ was technically still LW champ who also won a fake ass WW belt..... But whatever.

P.S.
I don't really care.
But you replied. Is this really where you are at in your life?

The division continued just not in the UFC.

You don't loose the belt / title just because no fights have taking place after you won the title. Until a new UFC LW champion was crowned.. B.J. Penn was the co-champion.

"The division continued just not in the UFC."

The UFC division continued outside of the UFC?

And that's fine, BJ penn was the first and only simultaneous title and co-titleholder. Conor is still the first to win two belts at the same time in two divisions that were existing at the same time. Your reaching for something that's not there.

Being declared co champion of the tournament isn't necessarily the same thing as winning the lw title.

The title was supposed to go to the winner of the tournament. There was no winner, since the fight was a draw. So while they were co champions of the tournament, the lw title was still not held.

Wiki does NOT list bj (or uno) as a lightweight title holder/champion.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UFC_champions

Penn haters... FUCK OFF.

TS own argument refutes his claim. At best BJ was a Champ Co-Champ and held 1.5 belts, he was not a Champ Champ holding 2 belts.

No it don't. Being co-champion still makes you a champion just like being an Interim champion still makes you a champion.

B.J. was also ranked as the number 1 LW in the world at the time. And also ranked as the P4P King by many.

And no-one is claiming the draw was a win.

B.J. Penn And Uno fought for LW Belt --- Check

Fight was a draw --- Check

UFC Declared both co-champions --- Check

B.J. beats Gomi to claim #1 LW Spot in the world -- Check

B.J. Penn then wins the WW belt from Hughes -- Check

Stop being in denial .. he was the first to do it and deserve the credit for it.

Stopped reading at Co-Champions.

What is it, they defend the belt 2 versus 1 against the contender?

Back