Bad experiences meeting UFC fighters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephan Bonnar was a complete asshole, it’s not like I interrupted his lunch or some shit it was literally a fan expo hahah he is the only guy that acted shitty towards literally everyone, Bisping was kind of a dick but I don’t blame him, I was hired to make a stupid vine video with him and he was like “fuck off” and I was like “yeah that makes sense” hah I didn’t hold it against him at all. The nicest I met were Dom Cruz, DC, Mike Tyson, Anderson Silva and BJ Penn.
From everything Ive seen of him, Bonnar seems like a real shitty human being.

I have never had a bad experience

The nicest fighter I met has been Dan Severn,, met him twice at King of the Cage events and had lengthy discussions, he is an absolute gentleman and so classy. He is the real GOAT, over 100 wins in MMA despite making his debut at 34, won 36 belts in different MMA orgs, first UFC champ champ (tournament and superfight champ).

I saw John Jones at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

I’ve never met either of them but Phil Baroni (who occasionally hangs out with Bonnar pro wrasslin’) also seems like a dick to fans
oh there's lots of dirt on him too. real sleazy dude. that makes sense. some of the nicer ones like tito, everyone seems to hate. its usually the opposite

I saw John Jones at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Darn man its almost like i have heard this before.....

A guy posted about meeting Tank Abbott on here, asking him to sign his event program and Tank just took it and walked off with it instead.

It got me wondering if anyone else here has has bad experiences meeting fighters?

Event Program: $15
Tickets to the Show: $350
Tank Abbott walking off with your event program after the fight: Priceless

I'd say it was worth it. The guy got a good story out of it.

BJ Penn was an ass. Saw him at the airport and said hi BJ, asked for a photo and he just brushed me off.

On the other hand had a great time meeting Frank Mir and Josh Barnett. I guess they don't have manlet issues like BJ
usZRR.jpg

HHVSq.jpg
<{UberTS}><{UberTS}><{UberTS}>

Holloway, Romero, Woodley, Wonderboy = all great. Romero was the nicest but I think he was a little tipsy cause he was trying to talk my ear off. Funniest encounter was Woodley mainly because I was extremely nervous and he cracked a bad joke to get me to loosen up. I was really young though and had traveled there by myself. He signed some stuff for my Dad & Brothers too.

Chris Weidman is a pos.

Holloway, Romero, Woodley, Wonderboy = all great. Romero was the nicest but I think he was a little tipsy cause he was trying to talk my ear off. Funniest encounter was Woodley mainly because I was extremely nervous and he cracked a bad joke to get me to loosen up. I was really young though and had traveled there by myself. He signed some stuff for my Dad & Brothers too.

Chris Weidman is a pos.

Always expected Weidman to be pretty decent, all the Serra Longo guys generally seem quite chill dudes

Rashad Evans - Cool, never 6 foot like UFC billed him, 5'10'' MAX and thats even being kind. Small in person, can't believe he was LHW.

Pat Miletech - Seemed nice enough.

John Alessio - Generic

Dan Severn - Nicest fighter I have met by far, he is so awesome and will chat to you about anything, not just MMA, but anything in life, he is super intelligent and a gentleman. Really gave good impressions.

Uriah Faber - Generic

Tyron Woodley - Generic

Jim Miller - Awesome guy, he was very chatty and cool.. I liked him, he was the 2nd coolest fighter in person after Dan Severn.

Paul Varelans - Huge in person and wears a eye patch, his hands were so big.. his hands in person are really like the size of Bear, his name the Polar Bear is really suited!!!! his hands really are like a Bears paw.

Some other fights I met but they are just King of the Cage fighters, never been in UFC, don't want to bore with all of them

Not me but a woman I was seeing told me she met Frank Shamrock at some event and he was with his wife or gf but he kept hitting on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back