Baddest Man On The Planet > P4P Best

Yup.

The true GOAT of MMA (or boxing) is the motherfucker that can beat everyone or the most people, and that's the bigger and heavier guys. That's why a lot of people still rank Muhammad Ali above Floyd Mayweather despite Mayweather clearly being the 'better' fighter. Floyd would never be able to beat Ali even on his best day. It's also why Jon Jones gets ranked above the likes of GSP, Anderson Silva, Conor McGregor and Mighty Mouse.

Admit it - If you could be a superstar in the world of combat sports and you could make yourself the best fighter of any weight class, which would you choose? I'd rather be the cat that could take ANYBODY, not just the guy that could take anybody my small little inferior size.
airball.gif

He's big enough that he could take the heavyweights, I feel. I don't see anyone at HW that I think would beat him.
Doesn't matter. He hasn't done it. You can't give Jones hypotheticals unless you are going to give hypotheticals to everyone from MW up.

In 2007 when Randy was HW Champ, Anderson could have realistically held the MW, LHW and HW belts. It's a hypothetical, but a hypothetical as strong, if not stronger than the notion of Jones beating Stipe.

Essentially you're contradicting yourself, because you are calling the biggest guy the baddest on the planet, when Jones isn't in the biggest division. That honour will always be for the HW champ.

This is not a revelation at all.

Doesn't matter. He hasn't done it. You can't give Jones hypotheticals unless you are going to give hypotheticals to everyone from MW up.

In 2007 when Randy was HW Champ, Anderson could have realistically held the MW, LHW and HW belts. It's a hypothetical, but a hypothetical as strong, if not stronger than the notion of Jones beating Stipe.

Essentially you're contradicting yourself, because you are calling the biggest guy the baddest on the planet, when Jones isn't in the biggest division. That honour will always be for the HW champ.

Not all hypothetical examples are equal; Saying a Light Heavyweight could beat the Heavyweight champ is much, much different than saying a Bantamweight or even a Middleweight could, especially when Jones has a strong argument for being the most well-rounded/skilled MMA fighter ever.

And I never said the heavier person was always better, I said "the bigger and heavier guys" in the general sense as in the larger weight classes. The Baddest Man On The Planet could be either a LHW or HW or, if the talent is really special, then maybe a Middleweight, but I seriously doubt it.

Not all hypothetical examples are equal; Saying a Light Heavyweight could beat the Heavyweight champ is much, much different than saying a Bantamweight or even a Middleweight could, especially when Jones has a strong argument for being the most well-rounded/skilled MMA fighter ever.

And I never said the heavier person was always better, I said "the bigger and heavier guys" in the general sense as in the larger weight classes. The Baddest Man On The Planet could be either a LHW or HW or, if the talent is really special, then maybe a Middleweight, but I seriously doubt it.
A hypothetical is always a hypothetical. It means nothing. You can't 'hypothetically' be the baddest man on the planet. You either are, or you aren't. Jones could be the best. He could also get his head caved in.

So until the day he actually proves something at HW, he is merely the best LHW ever and that is all. If you are cutting to avoid HW, you can never be the baddest man on the planet. If he was, he wouldn't be cutting weight to avoid them.

A hypothetical is always a hypothetical. It means nothing. You can't 'hypothetically' be the baddest man on the planet. You either are, or you aren't. Jones could be the best. He could also get his head caved in.

So until the day he actually proves something at HW, he is merely the best LHW ever and that is all. If you are cutting to avoid HW, you can never be the baddest man on the planet. If he was, he wouldn't be cutting weight to avoid them.

Dumb. Sure, he might get his ass kicked or he might not, but don't pretend like all hypothetical examples are equally plausible or implausible. They aren't.

Those are two different things.

No point in comparing them.

Dumb. Sure, he might get his ass kicked or he might not, but don't pretend like all hypothetical examples are equally plausible or implausible. They aren't.
The only hypothetical I used was Anderson beating Randy in 07' and that's more plausible than Bones beating Stipe, but even then, that's all besides the point.

The point is, your thread is talking about baddest man on the planet and referring to Jones. He isn't the baddest man on the planet period. He cuts weight to avoid the baddest man on the planet.

Until he fights at HW, he is the best LHW and that is all.

Light heavyweights are just smaller heavyweights who cut weight. And the best heavyweights in the world tend to be smaller heavyweights. There's no real way to know who is the best.

Yup.

That's why a lot of people stil It's also why Jon Jones gets ranked above the likes of GSP, Anderson Silva, Conor McGregor and Mighty Mouse.

Mkay, but Brock would distroy Jones. Just because of his size.

There is only one real GOAT and only one real baddest man on the planet. You can disagree who that is but there needs to be a reasonable amount of assurance that the person would beat most anyone on the planet, either in their day or across generations.

Now this can get a little boring so we bring in the little fellas and call them GOAT also. But this is incorrect, little fellas cannot be GOAT because of the callous cruelty of Darwin's genetic lottery. The best BW ever (Conor?) Would lose to run of the mill LHW. So Conor can only ever be BW GOAT, not the real and actual GOAT. Not half bad really.

Back