News Badr Hari announces retirement from Kickboxing, wants to do one last farewell fight in 2024

Good idea?

• Total voters
He just got wrecked by a c-level fighter. Who can they realistically get to lose to Badr? Someone who's 0-0?

Just that same card Ion Taburceanu stepped up to fight as a replacement and got destroyed due to being too small. He would fight Badr and he would likely lose.

How's that some crazy statement? Badr was winning both Rico fights til his body failed him and got injured. Rico was never some invincible fighter JBS and old Schilt KOd him and he was badly rocked in many fights and almost KOd. If anything Rico is severely overrated. He'd be a nobody in golden era kickboxing

How's that some crazy statement? Badr was winning both Rico fights til his body failed him and got injured. Rico was never some invincible fighter JBS and old Schilt KOd him and he was badly rocked in many fights and almost KOd. If anything Rico is severely overrated. He'd be a nobody in golden era kickboxing

......as opposed to Hari?

Schilt never KOed him. Hari got brutally KOed far more times in his prime, too. Whoop dee do.

Rico would certainly be a somebody. This is such an extreme example of "everything sucks now!".

I love the logic on how Rico isn't great is based on a fight that happened literally 11 years ago. Wow Semmy was old...Rico was young? Rico has obviously gotten better and has beaten plenty of good heavyweights. Some fans try to damn Rico's legacy based on what he did when he was 22 years old.

I love how Rico who has proven to be substantially more consistent than Badr, which is the most important thing when rating fighters, who has beaten Badr twice including when Badr was in his prime or close to it is some how a scrub but Badr is a god. Using the excuse "yeah but Badr hurt himself while doing a bunch of risky offense" when Badr has a history of beating himself is ridiculous. Badr is a glass canon - him doing well until he collapses on himself isn't worthy of an asterisk, it is what is to be expected.

he will always remembered as one of the greatest Kickbooxer.
his era was just great

McSweeney had to say something about Badr’s last fight against Uku, as he sees a pattern.
Thoughts?

Maybe he's going to transition to MMA? I think he should.

Maybe he's going to transition to MMA? I think he should.
Badr didn't want any part in a MMA fight vs Reem, eventhough Reem and him had a deal for 1 Kickboxing and 1 MMA fight.
Current Badr would likely get Wrestlefucked into Oblivion by someone like Spivak or Tybura.

At this point McSweeney would be the favorite right? Glory might have to seriously consider calling up Bob Sapp lol

he will always remembered as one of the greatest Kickbooxer.
his era was just great

One of greatest kickboxers ever? Nah.

His era? What, you mean like the last 10-15 years where the sport was crying out for talent to take over from likes or Aerts, Schilt, Hoost, JLB, Bonjasky etc?

One of greatest kickboxers ever? Nah.

His era? What, you mean like the last 10-15 years where the sport was crying out for talent to take over from likes or Aerts, Schilt, Hoost, JLB, Bonjasky etc?

I think most people would agree that prime Badr Hari was considered one of the best kickboxers of all time. He is one of the few guys to KO Semmy Schilt, and was an absolute beast in the mid 2000s.

I think most people would agree that prime Badr Hari was considered one of the best kickboxers of all time. He is one of the few guys to KO Semmy Schilt, and was an absolute beast in the mid 2000s.

Incorrect.

Biggest wasted potential, maybe....or Ignashov. A few extreme highs, but far too many lows.

Depends what you mean one of the best, I guess.

Last edited:
Back