Badr Hari doping accusation

When it comes to MMA and boxing I am very anti-PED because a big part of the sport is pacing yourself and endurance is a serious weapon when used correctly. I think of Kickboxing more like part of a big show with fancy entrances and jacked AF super heroes in sprint fights for 9 minutes. Its better with PEDs. Imagine the idea of Rizin for example doing some super serious drug testing program, it makes no sense. Also Glory doesn't have a monopoly like UFC does so they are essentially just asking for their local talent development networks to be surpassed by others. Glory guys will lose more and more when they take fights in Kunlun and the like and fans will think of Glory as a B grade product.

When it comes to MMA and boxing I am very anti-PED because a big part of the sport is pacing yourself and endurance is a serious weapon when used correctly. I think of Kickboxing more like part of a big show with fancy entrances and jacked AF super heroes in sprint fights for 9 minutes. Its better with PEDs. Imagine the idea of Rizin for example doing some super serious drug testing program, it makes no sense. Also Glory doesn't have a monopoly like UFC does so they are essentially just asking for their local talent development networks to be surpassed by others. Glory guys will lose more and more when they take fights in Kunlun and the like and fans will think of Glory as a B grade product.
I'd argue MMA and Boxing are both more entertaining when doping is ignored as well. It doesn't mean it's right however. I do agree that the fragmented nature of the sport does complicate things though.

You guys completely miss the issue at hand. We can't blame Glory for fighters taking PEDs, it's not Glory's fault. However, for Glory trying to cover it up and terminate the contract with the Dutch doping agency was a BIG mistake.

This doesn't only hurt Glory in Holland, but this has the potential to damage Glory world wide. This is the biggest scandal in Glory's history up till date. It's not peanuts. And if this had happened in Romania,Turkey, or even the US, Glory might have gotten away with it. But to try this shit in Holland, you really have to be a dumb motherfucker. Not only was Kickboxng banned from Holland untill recently, but Kickboxing is also pretty big in Holland. In Romania, Turkey and the USA there maybe would have been a small article on a obscure website. In Holland however it's in every big newspaper, every major website, and national TV. The ISR went public by going on the Dutch version of the BBC!

And you have to understand that the ISR sat on these results for months. They didn't go public. Only when Glory tertminated ISR's contract, then they went public. And not because of money, the ISR doesn't need Glory's fucking money, but because the ISR felt it was important to expose this fraudulent behaviour by Glory.

And Glory has to understand, that from now on every single Glory event in Holland will be scrutinized by the ISR. No way in hell will Glory be allowed to host events in Holland, and having their fighters checked by a third party. No. fucking. way. From now on Glory will be under the looking glass and scrutinized to bits when hosting kickboxng events in Holland.

Glory forgot how big kickboxing is in Holland, and thought Dutch institutions can be intimidated or bribed like we're some kind of banana republic. And it perfectly demonstrates Glory's arrogance, incompetence and sheer stupidity. Glory could have easily prevented all of this. Nobody blames Glory for fighters who take PEDs. They should have come out and condemn it inmediatly with a public statement and negociate a deal. But to give the Dutch doping agency the boot after they caught your fighters.... you really have to be one stupid motherfucker to pull that stunt.

But maybe this is what Glory needs to finally become somewhat of a professional orginisation. Who knows...

Bunch of fucking jokers....

Last edited:
Oh Jesus christ....

Glory shouldn't waste any resources into any additional testing, not a single euro. They aren't a profitable company. Rather they save the money or spent it on better fights instead of on something nobody has ever asked of Glory, as far I've seen at least.

Yea bad optics in NL and perhaps they before opted into extra nonsense testing there so that they could really appear good to whoever they had to there. Fighters from Glory have previously tested positive and the only real reaction was with Lazaar with "lol that guy uses?" and/or people thinking that he was punished too harshly. Not sure if they ever really talked much about these things before either.

Seriously, Glory lost $10+mil in 2017 (2018 financials not available yet), does anyone really want them to put any money into testing?
Hope this has 0 effect on Glory.

I think the issue is bigger than just Glory. This could have an effect on the HW division of Glory but also Kickboxing as a whole, and while the sport seems to have made a resurgence in the last 5 years or so, the uptrend could very well curve back down again, especially when divisions become stale, known fighters transition to MMA or retire, and there isn't as much new talent.

This doesn't only hurt Glory in Holland, but this has the potential to damage Glory world wide. This is the biggest scandle in Glory's history up till date. It's not peanuts. And if this had happened in Romania,Turkey, or even the US, Glory might have gotten away with it.

I do agree unfortunately in Romania the legislation is weaker than in the Netherlands, but we do have a Romanian Antidoping Agency since 1994 and is WADA affiliated. Turkey with Erdogan is in different world.

The Dutch law is ok, just that is non-harsh. But you tolerated doping in the Netherlands for years in kickboxing. They even use fucking syringes like they are some heroin dopers. The caught kickboxers are Dutch-based unfortunately.

Anyway, you can"t compare any European nation to the United States, this is really funny. The Americans may be slaves, but the police and judges are very harsh on you there. Moreover, with or without Lance Armstrong, Tyson Gay and the others, WADA is American. They might hide doping in America, they had a lot of scandals anyway in the past (even 100 years ago in MLB gambling, and recently in NFL - doping), but you didn"t mark 10% of the WADA American cases in the Netherlands. PEDs is very legal unfortunately in your country. You also have a problems with drugs, but this is another aspect and I totally agree it"s because of your immigration.

AND GLORY TRIED TO BRIBE DUTCH INSTITUTIONS? WTF, GLORY?

OMG, Inocente was caught right after Glory 43 when he defeated Adegbuyi? Fuck you, Glory! Is this true, Yod?

How can anyone trust and take Glory seriously after this has come out?

I might stop watching Glory and kickboxing for real. They destroyed my boxing, now this, and MMA is way too violent and lying in terms of marketing (suspicious quality of fighters) for me.

Such a scandal will be the end of the sport if they don"t do anti-doping tests every event. Besides I am really all against PEDs. I am against frauding.

Some I wouldn"t judge them too harsh, I would only judge the Dutch school which is using doping since decades. This is their fucking system and is probably also affecting the others. In kickboxing you need steroids, not fucking Russian Meldonium maybe. Plus Badr is embarrassing, remember how he rejected syringes found in his apartament. Really pathetic! Hari"s all of his career is made-up from doping. I would also test Murthel Groenhart of the same Mike Passenier.

The scandal is bigger than I thought. But what"s clean fighting sports nowadays?

Last edited:
@Snubnoze707

LOL I knew Badr was on something. I mean I don't need a positive test to tell me a dutch kickboxer was juicing. He is a former K-1 fighter ffs. Everyone was on gear in Japan. And the thing with roids is you do it once you'll have to juice with something for the rest of your life since it fucks up your endocrine system. It's what happening with Jon Jones in the UFC. But in kickboxing it really is not a scandal, it's commonplace. Have you ever not laughed at before/after transformation photos of kickboxers? It's another harsh truth about our beloved but poor sport.

A guy like Jon Jones, 23-0, the champions of the champions was caught doped. Why no lifetime exclusion? Turinabol, Clomiphene and Letrozole. Fucking people! He returns and beat Alexander Gustafsson via 3rd round TKO after. How can we still trust the UFC? And even fucking WADA? I really doubt Jones is clean now. There can be multiple scenarios. He is caught then he is protected by UFC and WADA, or he is caught but is hiding his doping until he will be again discovered or never be discovered.

Sharapova without Meldonium in tennis I see she"s nothing than an average player. At this level doping brings you titles. Details make difference. In what world we live...

Nothing will happen until there is lifetime ban and WADA testing at every event in any sport which generates good ammounts of profit.

You say PEDS should legal, some of you, but what if a fighter/sportsman doesn"t want anything to do with drugs?

I wish they would just start dying like in NFL in the past. Well, I don"t wish them death, just maybe then people will really see what means doping! And maybe at old age you are cooked anyway.

OMG, Inocente was caught right after Glory 43 when he defeated Adegbuyi? Fuck you, Glory! Is this true, Yod?

His suspension started around that time, so I would assume it. Funny that Glory just let's him compete anyway. Got that picture directly from the WAKO website.

Oh Jesus christ....

Glory shouldn't waste any resources into any additional testing, not a single euro. They aren't a profitable company. Rather they save the money or spent it on better fights instead of on something nobody has ever asked of Glory, as far I've seen at least.

Yea bad optics in NL and perhaps they before opted into extra nonsense testing there so that they could really appear good to whoever they had to there. Fighters from Glory have previously tested positive and the only real reaction was with Lazaar with "lol that guy uses?" and/or people thinking that he was punished too harshly. Not sure if they ever really talked much about these things before either.

Seriously, Glory lost $10+mil in 2017 (2018 financials not available yet), does anyone really want them to put any money into testing?

I think testing, in one form or another, was part of the deal for Glory to be allowed to host kickboxing events in Holland.

@Snubnoze707

LOL I knew Badr was on something. I mean I don't need a positive test to tell me a dutch kickboxer was juicing. He is a former K-1 fighter ffs. Everyone was on gear in Japan. And the thing with roids is you do it once you'll have to juice with something for the rest of your life since it fucks up your endocrine system. It's what happening with Jon Jones in the UFC. But in kickboxing it really is not a scandal, it's commonplace. Have you ever not laughed at before/after transformation photos of kickboxers? It's another harsh truth about our beloved but poor sport.

Again, the scandal here isn't so much fighters using PEDs. Forget about the fighters.

The real scandal here is Glory trying to cover it up, by terminating their contract with the Dutch doping agency after their fighters tested positive. THIS is the REAL scandal here.

Glory got exposed big time, and this is something new. Not fighters testing positive, that's old.

Last edited:
This whole mess tells me one thing though. Glory had big plans for Badr.

Probably a rematch with Rico? As a last fight before Rico is going to do his movie?

Back