News Baki Chamsoudinov supposedly close to signing with the UFC.

Not a bad signing if it happens. I think it can go fine for him if he warms up with a couple fights.

Hmmmmm.....too much, too soon? I can see this looking a bit like Mokaev, where he's winning his UFC fights but not exactly impressively, at least for a while. They need to bring him along slowly, IMO.

Brother, we need to have a conversation….

Told you :
I hope there's a rematch but I'm feeling the UFC will want to beat PFL to the punch and sign Baki so a similar big event can't take place.

I don't think that source is very credible

I don't see the UFC signing Chamsoudinov in June to bench him until end of September, 6 months later
Why not? They did something similar with Shara Bullet.

Why not? They did something similar with Shara Bullet.
I am not sure they had the same supplements and Shara Bullet was going from Thai and small Russian promotions to 50k in the UFC He could wait. Chamsoudinov made at least 100k at PFL and could do more by giving the revenge to Doumbé while I am sure the UFC is not paying him near those figures

I just have a hard time believing PFL doesnt have atleast matching rights on him. Knowing what we know about UFC, Bellator and PFL contracts doing one and done completely doesnt seem like something any of them would do. We just saw PFL contracts with the lawsuit which they can extend you for 4 years and now we're to believe they signed Baki to a one fight deal to fight their biggest star.

Good for Baki if its true and he wants to move to UFC and it happens but I just think he ends up rematching Doumbe in PFL on that PPV in Saudi or in Paris. We'll see though.

I just have a hard time believing PFL doesnt have atleast matching rights on him. Knowing what we know about UFC, Bellator and PFL contracts doing one and done completely doesnt seem like something any of them would do. We just saw PFL contracts with the lawsuit which they can extend you for 4 years and now we're to believe they signed Baki to a one fight deal to fight their biggest star.

Good for Baki if its true and he wants to move to UFC and it happens but I just think he ends up rematching Doumbe in PFL on that PPV in Saudi or in Paris. We'll see though.

It seems he was careful with the contract he signed and probably said he wouldn't fight Doumbe if he didn't have the one fight deal.

The situation with Manumito seems to be that he's basically illiterate.

You would've thought PFL would've signed him right after the Doumbe debacle. Either way I have feeling he was on the UFC's radar even before that fight.

He was totally on the radar but taking him from PFL is all the better for UFC

It seems he was careful with the contract he signed and probably said he wouldn't fight Doumbe if he didn't have the one fight deal.

From PFL's POV it seems like such a dumb move if its true, even if you thought Doumbe smokes him was that fight really that much bigger than Doumbe vs Pettis or anyone else already under contract? I know they have a thing in France but Doumbe vs any established name PFL has sells that building out anyway.

Even if they dont have a matching clause its gonna have to be him wanting to be in UFC above anything else cause when he sees them offering him 20/20 and PFL says come back here for the rematch for 6 figures then what? Again to UFC 99% of the time you have to want them more than they want you cause prospects a a dime a dozen in this sport.

Same thing with Paul Hughes in his interview saying he's a complete free agent from CW after this next fight and he knows PFL probably will offer him more than UFC will. its one of those things does being in UFC and all the things that can do for you as you make it there outweigh the better up front money a lesser org can offer you.

Wear that pink with pride!

I don't think the PFL is looking as closely or as in depth with these PFL Europe type shows and everything there doing. Won't surprise if many guys are more or less one fight deals if they aren't in the tournament. Most of the guys in these shows are nobodies. Doumbe was under contract and has always been expected to be fighting in the main PFL shows. They just gave him a warm up fight over there and it was such a success at the gate they did it again. I think someone just overlooked what they did with Baki's contract.

Back