syct23

...ElipsisBelt...
@Steel
Reaction score
This probably isn't it...

Bannon Is Subpoenaed in Mueller’s Russia Investigation
By MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT
January 16, 2018
Stephen K. Bannon arrived to testify before the House Intelligence Committee during a closed-door session on Tuesday. Joshua Roberts/Reuters

WASHINGTON — Stephen K. Bannon, President Trump’s former chief strategist, was subpoenaed last week by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, to testify before a grand jury as part of the investigation into possible links between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia, according to a person with direct knowledge of the matter.

The move marked the first time Mr. Mueller is known to have used a grand jury subpoena to seek information from a member of Mr. Trump’s inner circle. The special counsel’s office has used subpoenas before to seek information on Mr. Trump’s associates and their possible ties to Russia or other foreign governments.

The subpoena could be a negotiating tactic. Mr. Mueller is likely to allow Mr. Bannon to forgo the grand jury appearance if he agrees to instead be questioned by investigators in the less formal setting of the special counsel’s offices in Washington, according to the person, who would not be named discussing the case. But it was not clear why Mr. Mueller treated Mr. Bannon differently than the dozen administration officials who were interviewed in the final months of last year and were never served with a subpoena.

On Tuesday, Mr. Bannon testified behind closed doors before the House Intelligence Committee, which is also investigating Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election and ties between the Trump campaign and Russia.

derided Mr. Bannon publicly and threatened to sue him for defamation. Mr. Bannon was soon ousted as the executive chairman of the hard-right website Breitbart News.

Some legal experts said the subpoena could be a sign that the investigation was intensifying, while others said it may simply have been a negotiating tactic to persuade Mr. Bannon to cooperate with the investigation. The experts also said it could be a signal to Mr. Bannon, who has tried to publicly patch up his falling-out with the president, that despite Mr. Trump’s legal threats, Mr. Bannon must be completely forthcoming with investigators.

Prosecutors generally prefer to interview witnesses before a grand jury when they believe they have information that the witnesses do not know or when they think they might catch the witnesses in a lie. It is much easier for a witness to stop the questioning or sidestep questions in an interview than during grand jury testimony, which is transcribed, and witnesses are required to answer every question.

sent it to reporters without his knowledge.

The president appeared to ease his anger toward Mr. Bannon at the end of last week. When asked in an interview with The Wall Street Journal whether his break with Mr. Bannon was “permanent,” the president replied, “I don’t know what the word ‘permanent’ means.”

People close to Mr. Bannon took the president’s comments as a signal that Mr. Trump was aware that his fired strategist would soon be contacted by investigators.

Bannon was just a coffee boy, he was brought in after..... ah fuck it never mind....

!

All of Bannon's faults aside.
I don't think he was stupid enough to get involved in any Russian collusion. Becuase if there was some it was Donald Jr amateur hour.
I also don't think Bannon was involved in any money laundering. Which I think at the end this is all about.
Trump and his minions get busted for money laundering with the Russian. Maybe not Trump himself.

Steve Bannon was never my friend
-Kenny Florian

I wait with bated breath.

All of Bannon's faults aside.
I don't think he was stupid enough to get involved in any Russian collusion. Becuase if there was some it was Donald Jr amateur hour.
I also don't think Bannon was involved in any money laundering. Which I think at the end this is all about.
Trump and his minions get busted for money laundering with the Russian. Maybe not Trump himself.

i dont think hes looking to get Bannon necessarily. as you pointed out, hes not really the type. he certainly is a good candidate for some quality squealing on others though, especially as they just burned bridges with Bannon.

The only thing they will get out of Bannon is what he wants them to get. He's a crafty, evil cunt but a smart one. If he fells like fucking Trump over he'll feed them something.

The only thing they will get out of Bannon is what he wants them to get. He's a crafty, evil cunt but a smart one. If he fells like fucking Trump over he'll feed them something.

I can already see the Trump tweets...

"Bannon better not say anything because I have things & stuff on him to...

He's a good man"..

YYYYYYYYYYYYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hope Bannon still has a little of that mind left that Trump said he lost...along with his podcast, newssite, and job.

I'm sure he'll protect Trump. hahahahahaha

True. But his versions of reality sure as shit better jibe with what Mueller already got from all the others who've already flipped. That's the trick. He's not that smart to get around those hurdles.

Mueller: "So Steve, what did you mean when you described Fredo's meeting with Putin surrogates at Trump Tower as 'treasonous"?

<{MingNope}>

i dont think hes looking to get Bannon necessarily. as you pointed out, hes not really the type. he certainly is a good candidate for some quality squealing on others though, especially as they just burned bridges with Bannon.
Also, subpoenas are usually applied to potential witnesses (often, but not necessarily, to support forthcoming indictments of others), not potential defendants.

Back