Media Bareman wishes Adesanya took more time off before Alex Rematch

I think Izzy knows that if Pereira defends that belt in the meantime it would probably be vs Whittaker, who most likely beats Alex Pereira. I think Izzy took the rematch so quickly because it's important for him to get the win over Alex because he might not get another chance.

You may not like Izzy, but he took that Pereira fight the second they offered it to him. He was one of the more active champs along with Usman before Kamaru got hurt. You should at least respect him.

Nah, that just gives Alex more time to train MMA tbh

Adesanya doesn't appear to be able to win a pure kickboxing fight, something about Pereira he just can't get passed. He needs to mix up his game for the best chance at victory, and the more time Alex has to round out his skills the harder it gets for Izzy imo

@drbolony the relationship might still seems rocky like you said.
I think Izzy knows that if Pereira defends that belt in the meantime it would probably be vs Whittaker, who most likely beats Alex Pereira. I think Izzy took the rematch so quickly because it's important for him to get the win over Alex because he might not get another chance.
I think you're right.
Pereira seems to want only one defense at MW and then move up to LHW for the Hill fight.

Tbh I think Izzy could also have the thought process that Pereira will have more trouble with a shorter camp, this fight actually isn't that far away and Pereira does have a hard time with his cuts.

@drbolony the relationship might still seems rocky like you said.

I think you're right.
Pereira seems to want only one defense at MW and then move up to LHW for the Hill fight.

Tbh I think Izzy could also have the thought process that Pereira will have more trouble with a shorter camp, this fight actually isn't that far away and Pereira does have a hard time with his cuts.
He even spoke about Izzy having surgery, like wtf. Does this guy even want his fighter to win or just follow his directions to the T? I'm not liking everything leading up to this fight, it isn't looking good for Izzy. I hope I'm really wrong. Really, really wrong.

This is writing on the wall for those picking Izzy. No one knows him better than his coach

"Israel is 100% adamant that he must be the next person that fights Alex Pereira"

Man wants to jump right back into the fire that engulfed him... Well, surely he knows better than I

If Adesanya wins this rematch and gets his belt back he is the man. Pereira is his boogeyman and this is probably his last chance to change the storyline.

This is what people are quick to forget about Adesanya. He was a very active champion. This coach to now say this, why not just do what you thought was best for your fighter.

He even spoke about Izzy having surgery, like wtf. Does this guy even want his fighter to win or just follow his directions to the T? I'm not liking everything leading up to this fight, it isn't looking good for Izzy. I hope I'm really wrong. Really, really wrong.
What surgery do you know?

I think he knows that Alex loses his next fight. Izzy exposed many of Alex's weaknesses in that fight. Alex is very beatable, but has that knock out power that makes him dangerous.

What surgery do you know?
Ankle surgery, I believe he talked about it on Ariel's podcast. It was quick, he didn't really go into detail, but he put the information out there. Wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with that leg check that turned Izzy into a gymnast.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ruv
Respect to Izzy for taking the fight right away.

Back