Based on tonight, who wins Khabib vs Cucuy?

Tony 'El Cucuy' Ferguson vs Khabib 'The Eagle' Numagomedov - Who wins?

• Total voters
Anybody saying Khabib is a liar. Tony and Conor both would've finished Khabib tonight.

BWAHAHA says the Fangirl who thought Connie could KO Mayweather in a Boxing fight!

Let me EDUCATE you a little on the finer aspects of the fight game...

To you non training folk: Khabib would have a MUCH easier time taking down Tony than Iaquinta.

If ANYONE of you has any remote grappling background you would KNOW how much more challenging it is to take down someone with a lower center of gravity(in this case Iaquinta who is not only shorter but EXCLUSIVELY FOUGHT with a wrestling preventive stance).

The result: Iaquinta merely focused on not getting taken down while severely limiting his offense due to the wide low stance and hips further back than usual. Khabib exploited Iaquintas lack of threat this feet by out pointing him something like 200-30 strikes lol. It was a BLOWOUT.

Gonna probably make a thread about this some other time.

<seedat>

I think the Khabib tonight is not a good indicative of the one that will show up for Tony. It looked like he was sparring in there with all for most of the fight.
lmao... literally was the khabib that was going to show up for tony.

not even khabib claimed he was sparring.. but you still project that retarded shit on to him, christ. the hype machine worked.

Tony will win this poll. People on here secretly hate Khabib due to his religion and want him to lose

An ultra conservative Muslim isn't liked? Wow?

wHyMZAiWb2Q.jpg

People saying Khabib would lose to Tony or Conor because of tonight aren't giving Iaquinta enough credit for being a tough SOB and a decent wrestler himself.

khabib played it safe tonight. He gassed iaquinta for the first two rounds and then he took a breather in 3-4, before dismantling him again. His striking is suspect, and always has been. This is nothing new.

BWAHAHA says the Fangirl who thought Connie could KO Mayweather in a Boxing fight!

To you non training folk: Khabib would have a MUCH easier time taking down Tony than Iaquinta.

If ANYONE of you has any remote grappling background you would KNOW how much more challenging it is to take down someone with a lower center of gravity(in this case Iaquinta who is not only shorter but EXCLUSIVELY FOUGHT with a wrestling preventive stance).

The result: Iaquinta merely focused on not getting taken down while severely limiting his offense due to the wide low stance and hips further back than usual. Khabib exploited Iaquintas lack of threat this feet by out pointing him something like 200-30 strikes lol. It was a BLOWOUT.

<seedat>
imagine thinking 1 inch of height negates a world of surplus wrestling skill and experience that tony has over al.

now imagine spouting this like an expert and using text formatting to make your point seem important. jesus christ.

Simple & to the point query.

Should these two EVER actually meet, who do you think wins?

Khabib would out strike and out grapple him. He just out landed one of the better boxers in the division 134 to 41.

And he did that on 24 hours notice.

Based on tonight? Tony, easily.

lmao... literally was the khabib that was going to show up for tony.

not even khabib claimed he was sparring.. but you still project that retarded shit on to him, christ. the hype machine worked.
He didn’t need to claim it. It was obvious.

I have a feeling this wasn't the normal game plan or what he would have used vs Tony.

He screwed around standing for 10+ minutes, he wanted that sub early on.. the clinch into TD was there all night long.

This is what happens if you chase the finish to much you don't get it.

I dont think Khabib was entirely on the fight.... I dont think this would be the Khabib that we would see against Ferguson or GSP

Honestly, The Khabib fighting tonight might've lost to Tony

the khabib that won a 50-43 decision and outboxed one of the better boxers in the division on one days notice?

Khabib would out strike and out grapple him. He just out landed one of the better boxers in the division 134 to 41.

And he did that on 24 hours notice.
rofl ..... what point are you making?

My original prediction was Tony, and still is. Tony is as tough as Al, and has better cardio to drain Khabib worse than he was vs Iaquinta. Tony wouldn't likely finish him, but he could win a 48-47 decision.

Conor wouldn't make it to the 3rd round. Conor would be gassed worse than ever, as grappling is way more taxing than striking. Especially with Khabib beating the piss out of you on the ground.

Some true dumbfucks hugging Khabib's nuts. He's an AMAZING fighter and probably has the best top control in the entire UFC history.

BUT HOLY SHIT his striking defense is Bethe Correia levels of bad. If you sincerely think any of the top guys who can actually stop his takedowns and strike can't catch him, you're deluded as fuck.

Tony has a solid chance. Lee has a solid chance. Conor has a solid chance (before getting murdered on the ground). Even Alvarez has a chance. Yeah he jabbed the #11 guy who prepped for a 3 rounder because he was shit scared of a takedown and wasn't even moving his head, wow so impressive.

GTFO. He's human and he has a very good chance of losing his belt to those fighters I mentioned. All this horseshit about him just "playing around". No you hoe, he just couldn't get the takedowns and his striking is shit.

<seedat>
Oh... well you got me....

Except for the fact that he got Iaquinta down no less than three times and accomplished little to nothing with it. I'm not only basing it on Khabib's takedowns (which we both know were underwhelming), im also basing it on Khabib's inability to do any significant damage with GNP and his complete failure to sink in chokes. Not only did he fail to lock in any chokes, he lost dominant positions like backmount multiple times. All this and still, Tony is a much more skilled jiu jitsu player, wrestler, MMA grappler and overall fighter than Iaquinta.

You're grasping at straws. And even though I think you're a troll and a nerd, I do think you have probably done a little jiu jitsu at some point in your life, so if you sat and reflected on this post you would know I'm right.

Iaquinta is a mediocre wrestler, a mediocre jiu jitsu player, a bad striker and didn't even train for five rounds and largely nullified khabib's wrestling and top control. If Al had any hands to speak of whatsoever he would have won this fight tonight.

Be honest with yourself. Khabib is not what we thought he was based on what we saw tonight. He's largely unproven and was completely underwhelming against an overmatched and underprepared opponent tonight.

Facts.

Tony will win this poll. People on here secretly hate Khabib due to his religion and want him to lose

well even if true they will get there wish. he is so good but i just do not seem him being long time champion. unlike jones, gsp, or anderson silva he does not have that dominance and destruction well rounded ability. Anderosn least well rounded of those guys but at least deadly submission he just could nto take you down.

khabib is in trouble if he cannot get takedown. the gap on his striking so hard to overcome

people can say joanna lsot to rose true but i think joanna loss more to do with herself. in rematch she did not learn to defend the hook and fought stupid again.

Back