Beautiful work by Mayweather

det_regnar_på_vår_kärlek

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
x7u1vcbp1hiz.gif

PleasingSereneGalapagosalbatross.gif

FilthySeveralDuckbillcat.gif

TELEMMGLPICT000138438184_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwYr4bRyzeyybk3qMh7h1TdE.jpeg

Mayweather is like Ip Man or some shit. Wing Chun was the real winner that night.

Edit:
Original post was based on OP having first gif only. W/ total gif selection I now see Mayweather as even better than Ip Man, like a combo of Matrix Silva and Young Wanderlei; somehow it seems like Wing Chun still comes out the big winner here. Or maybe Aikido?

ba57b62b09755abd7adc4b6615fbf10b.gif

Last edited:
Beautiful champ!!
Head movement!!
Head movement!!
HEAD MOVEMENT!!
CLINCH!! CLINCH!!
CLINCH!!!!!
HEAD MOVEMENT!!
HEAD MOVEMENT!!
CLINCH!!!
NO!
NNNNOOOOOO!!

dat were earl-e wef
dat were earl-e

me were stumblin cuz fatigue dat it, he had no par r speed just cum-posure, me won earl-e round till me tyre

that first gif is amazing, how can he roll his face and make that punch miss. I'm not used to watch box I find that ability astounding

This isn't really about Mayweather, it's about great boxing. I take it most people here haven't seen prime Ali (which was actually in the 60s before the draft ordeal, not the 70s), Sugar Ray Leonard, etc. I can't imagine how bad MMA fighters would look against them.

Agree Mayweather still has it, that's why it's so amazing that Conor won the first 4. I was shocked Conor did so well against the GOAT.

Conor facial expressions here similar to When Diaz hit him.

I've watched the fight several times. Mayweather definitely gave Conner the 1st few rounds. No disrespect to Connor but I feel Mayweather was biding his time. It was intentional to make Connor tired. Mac got that far in the match because Mayweather intended for that.

As nice as Floyd was, this was like 3rd rate Floyd in there. This was the worst Floyd that we've ever seen and it was simple to see that age and 2 years of inactivity had caught up to him big time. Time waits for no man. Floyd is a smart man, he knew it himself. Before the fight he said to Conor "I'm not the same fighter I was 20 years ago. I'm not same fighter I was 5 years ago. I'm not even the same fighter I was 2 years ago. But I still got enough for you." And so he did.

Floyd got through the fight with a fraction of his peak reflexes, and he was slow in pulling the trigger. But it was more than enough for Conor. I can guarantee that Floyd could have faced and beaten 3 fresh Conor's one after the other that night and still easily beaten all of them.

Look at their training approach. Conor's sparring consists of second rate sparring partners or old out of shape retired former champions. He then spars with them for 12 rounds, each round simulated 3 minutes with the normal breaks. He makes his sparring partner go 12 full rounds so his partner also gets tired along with Conor. Boosts Conor's self esteem that's all.

Floyd's sparring consists of bringing in top young bucks and active champions like Errol Spence. He spars with them sometimes going for 15 or more rounds (there are tales from his gym where he's even sparred for 30 rounds straight). His rounds aren't just 3 minutes either, usually 5 minutes (younger days some rounds went for 15 minutes). His breaks are sometimes shorter too. His sparring partners also only go 3 to 4 rounds each with him. So in a 15 round spar, he would have faced 4 or 5 fresh sparring partners who only have to go a few rounds each.

I mean how the fuck did Conor ever think he was going to compete with a guy like that?

Conor thinks he works hard. He does not, never has, nor never will work as hard as Floyd has worked in prep for each of his fights. Never gonna happen. I remember watching an interview with Zab Judah, who after their fight trained with Floyd in his gym and was sparring partner for Floyd's Pacquiao fight, and Zab couldn't believe how hard Floyd trains. He said that while Floyd is so rich, he trains like he's dead broke and that he's never seen anyone work that hard in the gym not even hungry young guys coming up through the ranks. He said it was unbelievable. Floyd loves his money but it's obvious that he lived and breathed boxing.

Last edited:

Look at that, defensive genius! While he's throwing the overhand left, he positions his right arm up and close to Conor's left arm to prevent any counter from that arm. Similarly his overhand left is high and in line with his own head so it is both an attack and defence against Conor's right hook coming over the top. Beautiful.

Look at that, defensive genius! While he's throwing the overhand left, he positions his right arm up and close to Conor's left arm to prevent any counter from that arm. Similarly his overhand left is high and in line with his own head so it is both an attack and defence against Conor's right hook coming over the top. Beautiful.
But but but... Conor punched floyd a number of times though!!!!!!

Moral victoryyyyyyyy

I've watched the fight several times. Mayweather definitely gave Conner the 1st few rounds. No disrespect to Connor but I feel Mayweather was biding his time. It was intentional to make Connor tired. Mac got that far in the match because Mayweather intended for that.

Mayweather tried to bet 400k a few moments before the fight that he would stop McGregor in the 9th round (but apparently the bookie didn't let him do it). Everything went according to his script.

Back