International Beijing Half Marathon Under Scrutiny After Chinese Runner Wins

just look up the story. The black dudes were hired as pacemakers. They weren’t there to compete. They were hired to help the Chinese guy break his record. Pretty much the Chinese guy underperformed and couldn’t break his personal record.

I've read that, but it's not very convincing.

All 3 have their names/numbers on their bibs, which pacemakers generally don't have, and WTF, 3 of them? All of them finishing the race?

Like, you need 1 pacemaker.

Also, last year:

W020230629618841607510.png

I think it's perfectly possible these 3 were paid to not compete, and thus to them weren't competing, but that's still shady.

I've read that, but it's not very convincing.

All 3 have their names/numbers on their bibs, which pacemakers generally don't have, and WTF, 3 of them? All of them finishing the race?

Like, you need 1 pacemaker.

Also, last year:

W020230629618841607510.png

I think it's perfectly possible these 3 were paid to not compete, and thus to them weren't competing, but that's still shady.
I am not going to lie. I don't know what these black guys look like. is it the same guy that ran in 2023? They just interviewed one of them that ran as the pacemaker. He explained that they messed up and gave them numbers.

I am not going to lie. I don't know what these black guys look like. is it the same guy that ran in 2023? They just interviewed one of them that ran as the pacemaker. He explained that they messed up and gave them numbers.

No, not the same guy, but a Kenyan won it in 2023, this year 2 Kenyans and an Ethiopian are 'pacemakers' that easily finished the race as winners, effectively.

I read some of the interview and it just sounds like a good ol' bit of panic wrestling.

No, not the same guy, but a Kenyan won it in 2023, this year 2 Kenyans and an Ethiopian are 'pacemakers' that easily finished the race as winners, effectively.

I read some of the interview and it just sounds like a good ol' bit of panic wrestling.
Let's wait for more information. I just find it odd that they paid people not to compete but they competed anyways. Might as well just pay them to sit out completely. I am working on the assumption that the Chinese guy was supposed to break some record and it was probably better optics that he came in first. I am not sure how they messed this up so badly. I saw a few articles and it seems like it's the citizens that are making the fuss online.

Open secret. The US also cheats like crazy in the Olympics.

Carl Lewis, one of America's most winningest Olympians, did PED's too.

Fact of the matter is, every nation does PED's in the Olympics.
The beef is over government sponsored cheating. Americans cheat but it's not as a collective. They have their own team and doctors. In the end everyone cheats.

It's crazy how when the Russians get busted. It's all for the same drugs across multiple sports. Chinese busts happen but it doesn't seem legit. Lu Xiao Jun got busted for EPO in a sport that doesn't require that drug. It almost seems like it is politically done so it can free up a spot for a younger better lifter.

The beef is over government sponsored cheating. Americans cheat but it's not as a collective. They have their own team and doctors. In the end everyone cheats.

It's crazy how when the Russians get busted. It's all for the same drugs across multiple sports. Chinese busts happen but it doesn't seem legit. Lu Xiao Jun got busted for EPO in a sport that doesn't require that drug. It almost seems like it is politically done so it can free up a spot for a younger better lifter.

Yea that's because in places like Russia nearly everything is centralized and state-controlled.

In America, it's privatized and corporatized. That system also makes it easy for the U.S. and its top sporting officials to simply look the other way, claiming that each cheater is a one-off and that each private entity that facilitates doping.

But that's a bullshit excuse. The US is very well aware of the cheating. It's just advantageous to look the other way.

It has literally nothing to do with the US having more integrity and above cheating.

Open secret. The US also cheats like crazy in the Olympics.

Carl Lewis, one of America's most winningest Olympians, did PED's too.

Fact of the matter is, every nation does PED's in the Olympics.

Okay, but how many American marathon runners do you see get carried to the finish line by a group of Ethiopians and Kenyans?

relax guys, the 2nd & 3rd spots are paid more than coming first.

I'm sure the 3 tied for second place made a nice chunk of change for "losing".

They probably didn't get shit. They were probably offered a deal by the politicians back in Africa, lose or die.

I'm willing to bet on a little of column A, with a reasonable amount of column B in support.

Seriously, though, this is a long-term cultural weakness. Most competitors from Western nations would be absolutely humiliated by this kind of "gift". The Chinese may not see it this way, but they are being mocked.

It's similar to adults letting children "win". It might be about "face" in China, but it makes you look like a joke to many.

I didn't think the Chinese could get any more pathetic. But lo-and-behold...

That might be the case but there is nothing to suggest that in the article above.

If I missed something feel free to point it out.
CNN leaving out important aspects to a story in the hopes of creating an emotional reaction?

just look up the story. The black dudes were hired as pacemakers. They weren’t there to compete. They were hired to help the Chinese guy break his record. Pretty much the Chinese guy underperformed and couldn’t break his personal record.
Thread/

One of the runners said he was a pacemaker for a previous race (Wuxi marathon) and then later changed his story to say he was also a pacemaker for this race. They were all entered for this race as competitors.

Mnangat was shown looking at He, pointing to the finish line and making a waving gesture, beckoning him to go ahead. He passed the trio and they made no effort to respond.

Asked by the Post whether he had let He win, Mnangat said “yes”.

“He comes to Kenya and I was [pacing for him] in the Wuxi Marathon, so he is my friend, OK,” Mnangat said.

Six hours later, Mnangat changed his story, saying he was a pacemaker. However, his bib was the same as He’s and did not say “pace”, as is common practice.

Respect to China for nothing being pussies like the west

The late great East Germany is the GOAT, until The Hoff singlehandedly destroyed them, in his patented bullet proof underpants......... Them commies had to be stopped !!!
I saw a piece of the East German Olympic swim team that they on so much on the juice that they were built like dudes. Later on when they had kids that they were born with deformed hands and feet.

Back