"Being an asshole gets you nowhere..."

It got Dana White pretty far though..

Cant blame Tony. Sure he was in a lot of pain and the last thing i want is someone touching me when im in that state. He gets a pass for that he was just beaten badly probably foggy.

Dude it's hard to take a loss after never really getting a title shot for over 12 wins.

Imagine getting hugged by the person who just beat on you for 5 straight rounds seconds after losing. It's hard to be a great loser that fucking close to the loss.
no it is not, look how cerrone handles loses... he hugs the guys that kicked his ass and talks about how great they are

contrast to tony throwing a tantrum and being a poor sport

That would have been an easy 5-0 with a 10-8 or 2 in there if the stoppage didn't occur. That last punch had Tony seeing ghosts, looked like he had no idea where he was.

Dude it's hard to take a loss after never really getting a title shot for over 12 wins.

Imagine getting hugged by the person who just beat on you for 5 straight rounds seconds after losing. It's hard to be a great loser that fucking close to the loss.
Some people are so selfish they can't put themselves into someone else shoes.

nice guys finish last Trump 2020
trumpdisability2000.jpg
Yo Is this for real?

But people should accept his hugs, hespeck after he boogeymans them, clowns them whilst tonying them often after shit talking them in pre fight press and socials? Let's be real here. We all love tony. But tony showed his true colors there. We let a LOT of shit slide with Tony. He's no angel. Comes off as a jerk sometimes . Even media is a bit uneasy, walk around on eggshells around him. But it's all bearable. He's not a MASSIVE prick like other fighters. I'm sad he lost though. He built himself up but it always felt like dana was always intentionally holding him back. I still regard him as the second GOAT of the '55 division, cringe aside. Gosh that was an awful beatdown. That did NOT make me happy.

Last edited:
Justin dropping the truth there.

That's such a beta male thing to say in that moment.

He was so giddy from winning that he immediately wanted acknowledgement from Tony and then bitched when he didn't get what he wanted.

Childish behavior.

The right thing to do would be to give him his space.

And the words don't make any sense anyway in that context... Tony had nothing to gain or lose by embracing Gaethje in that moment.

Can we please stop with the "Tony has great striking"? He wasn't able to out tough someone and it showed how much he lacks in the striking
He is not Lomachenko but he is good is just that JG looked AMAZING.
Head movement,chopping counters,leg kicking with perfect placement.
And a impressive mental tenacity to keep everything in check for almost 5 perfect rounds against someone who basically hunted him down nonstop.

Justin pushed Tony's hairline back. I think that performance will push the betting lines pretty close between he and Khabib.

And Tony settled down mere moments afterwards...what your point? Everybody is emotional after losing a fight

I have to watch the fight again, I had Tony winning the first two rounds. I thought it was a bad stoppage, Tony was still standing and moving. Granted if the fight had continued the way it was going Gaethje would have won the decision.

How did the judges score it?

I thought Tony took the loss well when all was said and done, he seems to be getting a ton of hate on here.

I'll give Gaethje credit I never thought his cardio would hold up but I don't see him giving Khabib much trouble. Khabib won't stand and trade with him for five rounds like Tony did, terrible game plan imo.

That's such a beta male thing to say in that moment.

He was so giddy from winning that he immediately wanted acknowledgement from Tony and then bitched when he didn't get what he wanted.

Childish behavior.

The right thing to do would be to give him his space.

And the words don't make any sense anyway in that context... Tony had nothing to gain or lose by embracing Gaethje in that moment.
A simple "don't hug bruh" would've sufficed, but instead he pushed him. Or just shaking your head or turning away and walking away. I don't think the saltiness is what sucks. It's that he actually physically pushed Justin away. Wtf!? And what's this about "his space?" he was showing sportsmanship. He didn't yoel romero him. Imagine if ALL of Tony's opponents reacted that way after losing. Imagine if Lee, Pettis, etc reacted like that, you think Tony wouldn't put them in their place? Let's be reasonable here guys please.

no it is not, look how cerrone handles loses... he hugs the guys that kicked his ass and talks about how great they are

contrast to tony throwing a tantrum and being a poor sport

Cowboy's losses are just losses... Not title losses. Cowboy is in there to have fun and get paid.

Tony is 36. He doesn't have much time left at the top of this sport and he knows that. This fight has essentially taken everything away that he worked for over the last 6-7 years.

This along with Tony having been outclassed and beaten up for nearly 25 minutes probably didn't put him in the headspace to be hugged straight away. He took some time to process what happened and then congratulated Justin on his win.

Cowboy's losses are just losses... Not title losses. Cowboy is in there to have fun and get paid.

Tony is 36. He doesn't have much time left at the top of this sport and he knows that. This fight has essentially taken everything away that he worked for over the last 6-7 years.

This along with Tony having been outclassed and beaten up for nearly 25 minutes probably didn't put him in the headspace to be hugged straight away. He took some time to process what happened and then congratulated Justin on his win.
That's all true. But you don't PUSH justin after he beat your ass. Just verbally let him know or just shake your head or something. No excuses bruh. Did Aldo do that when conor Conor'd him? No. But Tony's saltiness is warranted. It was an ugly way to deal with it.

I have to watch the fight again, I had Tony winning the first two rounds. I thought it was a bad stoppage, Tony was still standing and moving. Granted if the fight had continued the way it was going Gaethje would have won the decision.

How did the judges score it?

I thought Tony took the loss well when all was said and done, he seems to be getting a ton of hate on here.

I'll give Gaethje credit I never thought his cardio would hold up but I don't see him giving Khabib much trouble. Khabib won't stand and trade with him for five rounds like Tony did, terrible game plan imo.
wow, you seriously gave him the first two rounds? i could see someone possibly giving him the second due to the knockdown, but even then i'd personally give it to justin.

the stoppage was fine as far as i'm concerned, he was getting lit up for 2 and a half rounds, had been staggered several times and was looking concussed when the ref stopped it. i mean it's a fight, but it's not a death match. he was seriously fucked up.

what kind of gameplan did you expect tony to come in with? i don't think we've ever seen him shoot a takedown on anyone in the UFC. he probably has, but i honestly can't think of an example of him using his wrestling offensively. he strikes, he defends takedowns, and he spams triangles and elbows from the bottom if he gets taken down.

Back