Belal: "Stop this rematches"

Problem is if Usman & Edwards both had a match before a possible rematch is that one or both could lose and the promotion loses out on something they can't get back. Can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. Edwards vs Usman 3 will be a big deal by the time it happens, for the UK market at least. UFC would be foolish to gamble the chance of a big trilogy fight away and end up having Edwards vs Muhammad 2 / Burns or something like that.

not Big for the UK market lol... This is their third fight and everyone kinda knows how it's gonna play-out.. No excitement whatsoever in that snoozefest. Giving Leon a contender and eager opponents will shake things up.. Both aren't draws on top of that

I say two wins minimum to get another title shot. Rematches have gotten so freaking stupid now. They used to be hyped to a degree and had some buildup but now the UFC insists on doing this best 2 out of 3 bullshit and it’s so uninteresting.

Agree with him, instant rematches lost its taste knowing nothing would change.

Last edited:
Sometimes, you just need to run it back!!!

20150417020527_5D3_9222.JPG

Every time this guy talks I feel like even his own fans put their heads down and walk away sheepishly.
Just keep winning Belal, but do so quietly, because talking sure as shit ain't your thing. Take the Leon route.

Not only Kamaru fight but this Figueredo fight with 4 consecutive same exact fight,Joanna fighting rose twice,rose fighting Weili twice,same exact rematches all over the place.

Reminds me of Cain fighting JDS, Bigfoot, JDS, Bigfoot and finally JDS over a few year period. Not exactly the same but it was still boring enough to get bitched about on here.

Almost all sports have a best of series

Basketball finals is not 1 game
Baseball has 7 games
Hockey a series
Dominant boxing champs have forever gotten instance rematches goint back 100 years
Dominant kickboxers also have gotten insrant rematches going back 30 years

In Sambo, BJJ, all combat sports it is done and makes sense. The Super Bowl really should be a best of 3 spread our over 12 days. Arguably even the conference game should.

Dominant champs deserve the rematches but I wonder how many title defenses classified as dominant?

If they would fight 3 times in 12 days I'd agree. But they fight a few times a year which really holds up everyone else in the division.

We got Glover getting an automatic rematch which is the biggest WTF.

That I think was just to give Jiri a winnable title defense. Glover was champ for a short period and never defended the belt he deserved no immediate rematch. It is also weak that Jiri called out a guy he beat...

Reminds me of Cain fighting JDS, Bigfoot, JDS, Bigfoot and finally JDS over a few year period. Not exactly the same but it was still boring enough to get bitched about on here.

If they would fight 3 times in 12 days I'd agree. But they fight a few times a year which really holds up everyone else in the division.

It is still deserved for a dominant champ. Dominant champ should mean I think minimum 3 title defenses

I agree the rematches are beneficial to UFC.

There's also no denying they typically hold up the divisions.

I'd like to see rematch clause in championship fights. Give the champ that loses with at least 1 successful defense 45 days to rematch. Period. If it's not within the 45 days, no rematch.

Athletic commissions wont approve that. If you suffer a KO you need like 60 days off and broken bones a few months. 6 months is more realistic. Another 3 month camp and 3 months to heal up.

It would help create more contenders and stars if they ditched the rematches. And there would be so many FUN matches.

Belal is so unlikeable for some reason...he's a great fighter though. I just cant with him...the fight we need is Khamzat v Belal. Enough of this no muslim v muslim stuff in UFC. We did this already with no friends fighting a few years back.

Lol I agreed with Belal right up to the point of him getting the TS.

This guy has been begging for a rematch against Leon Edwards for almost 2 years now and essentially is still asking for it to this day because he wants a titleshot.
Yeah and he's not getting it despite the ambiguous ending but everyone else is. I certainly get where he's coming from

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back