• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bellator 133: Shlemenko vs. Manhoef 8PM ET Prelims/9PM ET MAIN CARD DISCUSSION

Ya boy FEDOR is ready to eat some chicken wings, play some air hockey and take some selfies.

B9xzzeTIQAEBvys.jpg

Fight went exactly as I was afraid it was gonna go. Manhoef showing glimmers of his former greatness and then getting caught with something stupid. And by stupid I don't mean the technique was stupid (it was a beautiful spinning backfist) but it was stupid that Melvin didn't see it coming a mile away and defend it. It wasn't like Alexander was utterly dominant before that. A much older slower Manhoef was effectively stuffing every takedown, getting out of guillotines, and landing some good punches and more importantly, was either blocking or dodging all the previous spinning backfists that Schlemenko was throwing. So how did he get caught by something he kept blocking just before that? He never had brilliant fight IQ but come on Melvin. Please retire already. He still did better than I thought he would despite being basically forty with no chin left.

Sad day for me, I love Melvins style and he is IMO the most violent and hardest hitting guy in the sport, but his wreckless style is starting to cost him and he is visibly slowing down. I still feel he could still give anyone trouble, he is a dangerous 50/50 fighter against anyone.

Do you know what's weird? Thompson actually got a better record than Hunt. Yet, Hunt was given a shot at UFC. Don't see why Thompson shouldn't

I'm a huge Thompson fan and he has been screwed in a few fights..but Thompson has much worse losses and much weaker wins..they've both had shit losing streaks.

Sad day for me, I love Melvins style and he is IMO the most violent and hardest hitting guy in the sport, but his wreckless style is starting to cost him and he is visibly slowing down. I still feel he could still give anyone trouble, he is a dangerous 50/50 fighter against anyone.

I agree with this. Melvin will always ALWAYS have the good old fashioned punchers chance for as long as he continues to fight. But he's at the magical number 38 the age where most fighters chins just go downhill and never recover from there. Melvin was basically an all out offense fighter with very little boxing defense like head movement, bobbing and weaving or swaying in his game and that recklessness caused him to take tons of punishment and get concussed often enough to render what was once an average to okay chin into a classic glass one. The reason he lacked fight IQ was because his style was, in a nutshell, kill or be killed. As a fan, I hope he retires with his health intact.

Lol. Damm im late i just watched the fight. He did the shadface before he hit the ground.

it was extremely obvious every time Shlemenko was about to spin and he still caught him with it

How stupid thing to say. He has lost almost every elite fighter he has ever faced in mma, and that is not because he had 50/50 chance against them. And today he is clearly past his prime so that statement is even farther from the truth. "50/50 against anyone", lmao. Get real.

there's no shame in losing to shlemenko but time to retire. 3 knockout losses in 4 months and falling victim to spammed backfists... he's already taken too much damage over a long career

I can't believe how no one leading up to this fight was talking about Melvin's short turnaround.

He got KTFO by Schilling barely 3 months ago and he took a fight against Schlemenko?? :eek:

Crazy how commisions allow that sort of thing. Crazy how his management let him do it and that Melvin wanted to do it. I guess he needs dat money

Zanmato : missed your post. Wow, he's got 3 KO's in the last 4 months? Thats even way worse. Amazing.

Last edited:
Does he still train at Mike's or is he with his own gym now?

Unfortunately, Manhoef (IMO) didn't show too many traits of a great striker. He didn't move well, didn't jab and still barely has any defense. For a lifetime kickboxer it's inexcusable. Although, that backfist was trickier than it looked.

Back