News Bellator 273: Bader vs Moldavsky - January 29th 2022

Interesting tidbits from the Rosta interview. He has booked against Cotton two other times and he also pulled out. Was booked against Lorenz Larkin last year in May but Rosta pulled out because he had herniated discs so that why he was inactive last year. Booked against Fabio Aguiar last August as well.

I wonder if Bellator was more open about bookings like the UFC, people would be more lenient on their sometimes strange matchmaking. The UFC depth is really a blessing.

Seems like a real student off the game, fan off him.

Last edited:
I knew he was injured but I didn't know all of the events going on in the backdrop. Larkin also seems pretty tempted by the MW division.

Interesting tidbits from the Rosta interview. He has booked against Cotton two other times and he also pulled out. Was booked against Lorenz Larkin last year in May but Rosta pulled out because he had herniated discs so that why he was inactive last year. Booked against Fabio Aguiar last August as well.

I wonder if Bellator was more open about bookings like the UFC, people would be more lenient on their sometimes strange matchmaking. The UFC depth is really a blessing.

Seems like a real student off the game, fan off him.

Jesus Christ, why would they put Rosta vs Larkin? That fight makes 0 sense, tbh. I would have like to see him vs Aguiar. As bad as Aguiar has looked, that could have been a decent test. At least Duane Johnson is not a horrible replacement.

Almeida is fun to watch, I think Gaston Bolanos is out if the question, so I hope they find some local cab driver he can beat up.

Weber posted this today, so guessing they found someone for him. Expect some absolute can tho

Moldavsky vs. Bader more entertaining then Ngannou vs. Gane. Honestly could happen.

I always derive a sadistic kind of pleasure from UFC events that turn into grappling fights or where grappling has a heavy impact, particularly if it derails a big Dana prospect. The past 2 weeks have been amazing for me, what with Chikadze losing and then Gane, who I think is a wonderful person, salt of the earth, but obviously someone they were really pushing. Also, the only fighter I really was rooting for hard was Tony Gravely and he won, so I'm happy about that.

Last 2 weeks there have been 14 decisions and 7 finishes. This Bellator card certainly could have a higher finish ratio for sure.

Moldavsky vs. Bader more entertaining then Ngannou vs. Gane. Honestly could happen.
Depends on if Ryan is timid after getting his lunch money taken from him twice. Can't say I see Moldavsky doing more than what's needed to win.

After last night I am inclined to believe that it is possible. But Bader doesnt inspire confidence in that department. Hopefully they stay on their fight most of teh fight.

I always derive a sadistic kind of pleasure from UFC events that turn into grappling fights or where grappling has a heavy impact, particularly if it derails a big Dana prospect. The past 2 weeks have been amazing for me, what with Chikadze losing and then Gane, who I think is a wonderful person, salt of the earth, but obviously someone they were really pushing. Also, the only fighter I really was rooting for hard was Tony Gravely and he won, so I'm happy about that.

Last 2 weeks there have been 14 decisions and 7 finishes. This Bellator card certainly could have a higher finish ratio for sure.
The fact that some people get excited about Gane fights speaks volumes about the UFC hype machine. I have always said that if Gane was in Bellator he would be considered boring AF, but alas fighting in the UFC has made "technical" and "smart". The guy is obviously talented but he is a boring point fighter...at HW none less.

Reactions: TR1
They just need to land like 3 clean punches and it will be more exciting.

Gane/Ngannou was trash with a lot of white belt mistakes, very disappointed in the skill level. Moldavsky would school Gane on the ground

They just need to land like 3 clean punches and it will be more exciting.

Gane/Ngannou was trash with a lot of white belt mistakes, very disappointed in the skill level. Moldavsky would school Gane on the ground
Very impressed by Ngannou's grappling, though. Everyone calls me crazy but I think Moldavsky has an excellent chance at beating Gane. This next fight might help my point.

Back