Bellator 274: Gracie vs. Storley

BigSteve

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Lets get it, need to make up for the last Belly event which was the only negative this year.

Only taped the main, good fight.

Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 10.41.50 pm.png

Think the main event going the distance is going to be a great bet if it's around -150 / 200. Storley is more of a grinder than a finisher since coming to Bellator and Neiman Gracie seems like a pretty durable guy so far. I think Storley's submission defense is good enough to not get subbed & we can expect a 5 round grappling match.

Think the main event going the distance is going to be a great bet if it's around -150 / 200. Storley is more of a grinder than a finisher since coming to Bellator and Neiman Gracie seems like a pretty durable guy so far. I think Storley's submission defense is good enough to not get subbed & we can expect a 5 round grappling match.
I seem to think Storley is good enough to survive as well, but going to be a mad sweat for 5 rounds while Storley is constantly diving into Gracies guard. Neiman is on another level

The line for Georgi and Adam was near even and than rapidly switched to Georgi as a 240+ dog. That one will get a play

Storley vs Gracie decision line is out on 5dimes, -115 goes to decision & -125 doesn't go to decision. Goes to decision is definitely an attractive line imo, would be a stressful fight to watch but really the only finish I could see is the Gracie sub even though I think Storley will survive. Can't see any other finish happening other than that.

Expect Neiman to give Storley a lot of trouble. Logan was unable to mount offense on top of Schiro thanks to his guard and I expect him to be very uncomfortable if he decides to take it to the ground with Neiman.

Storley vs Gracie decision line is out on 5dimes, -115 goes to decision & -125 doesn't go to decision. Goes to decision is definitely an attractive line imo, would be a stressful fight to watch but really the only finish I could see is the Gracie sub even though I think Storley will survive. Can't see any other finish happening other than that.
I think Storley will be cooked by the time the championship rounds come around tbh. Neiman has had experience there previously and subbed Ruth in the 4th if I'm not mistaken. Storley is quite fucked if he doesn't manage to stall out Neiman, which could happen going off the Jackson fight, but I still lean towards a Gracie sub.

I'm going for Storley and Browne as dogs for this card.

I have a hard time seeing how Storley can survive for 25 minutes if this goes to the ground. Neiman ITD is the play.

Thoughts Franklin x Sowma?

I was thinking about taking Franklin at plus money, but I don't know. Franklin is a strong athlete and a huge heavyweight, but he's still so early in his career. Sowma is far and away the best fighter he will have fought. Sowma kind of fluked out his last win, but he's been in there against the better fighters, including a wrestler like Fortune who if I'm remembering right I thought he beat. They're both training at good camps (Sowma at ATT, Franklin at JW).

Maybe Franklin's speed and athleticism will make up for his raw skillset and he just hammers Sowma in the first. Maybe Sowma's movement and leg kicks let him eat up Franklin for a decision or a late stoppage. I'm leaning Sowma to win, but as far as betting goes I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the chaos on this one.

Some degen Bally shit again, will I ever learn? Maybe:

Montalvo + Newman + Ward 320 to win 304
Newman U1.5 648 to win 390
Newman Fight Finish 918 to win 322

Bobby King 300 to win 630

Disonell 50 to win 312

Sowma 600 to win 461
Franklin RD1 100 to win 600

Ward U1.5 600 to win 408

Gracie RD3 /4 100 to win 600
Gracie RD4 27 to win 500
Gracie RD5 17 to win 500
Storley DEC 200 to win 500

Last edited:
Really? I have a hard time seeing it as safe with Franklin's style. I think this fight could go a number of ways.
I've never seen Sowma badly hurt or anything close to it, and Franklin's only scored finishes against not so durable opposition and can crushers. Also don't expect him to spend his gas tank pursuing an early finish against someone who can go 15 minutes, stranger things have happened though.

The over seems safer than choosing a side imo, though that's not to say the fight itself is a safe pick - it's got a 4-0 HW, it could go off the rails at any point.