News Bellator 285 Dublin Sept.23rd Bendo vs Queally & Yoel Romero vs Melvin Manhoef

I actually like this match up better after Romero's fight with Polizzi. Yoel still has some fire in him, he just needs the right dancing partner. Melvin will bring it
Agreed, Yoel just sucks against counterstrikers or patient ones, ala Izzy or Phil Davis. Match him with guys who will bring action and you will get a good bout

Bellator is killing the European series. Gold mine for them.

Just keep Kongo away from any more events. Bader/Kongo literally emptied a full arena who was hyped after seeing tons of finishes on the main card
Yeah this was for all intents and purposes, the first real Bellator French card. They have a lot of work to do if they want to continue to fill the arena. Gallon is someone to build on. They’ve got a couple of French kids who won on the prelims to re-sign, but it doesn’t look like there’s a bonafide standout to main event the next Paris event. It certainly can’t be a 47 year old Kongo again right?

Yeah this was for all intents and purposes, the first real Bellator French card. They have a lot of work to do if they want to continue to fill the arena. Gallon is someone to build on. They’ve got a couple of French kids who won on the prelims to re-sign, but it doesn’t look like there’s a bonafide standout to main event the next Paris event. It certainly can’t be a 47 year old Kongo again right?
Sold out event according to Coker

Pointless fight.

Yoel should go to MW to see if you can get a Moose fight out of him. Just go beat Salter and get a title shot.

Pointless fight.

Yoel should go to MW to see if you can get a Moose fight out of him. Just go beat Salter and get a title shot.
I don’t think they care for Romero. He’s just a big name that was gifted to them by UFC and they’re using him to sell tickets in Europe. They’re moving forward with MW without even thinking about him in the picture.

I don’t think they care for Romero. He’s just a big name that was gifted to them by UFC and they’re using him to sell tickets in Europe. They’re moving forward with MW without even thinking about him in the picture.
I don't know, I think they give Yoel a title shot against Gegard early next year. Tokov fights Gegard late in the year and after that Middleweight has no clear contenders

I don't know, I think they give Yoel a title shot against Gegard early next year. Tokov fights Gegard late in the year and after that Middleweight has no clear contenders
Yeah I think if Yoel continues to win, that fight could headline in Europe. Probably the next Paris card. But I don’t think they are putting too much into him. I think both of them sell tickets in Europe on their own. Together would be a big fight no doubt.

Pointless fight.

Can he make MW tho?

He missed a couple of times in the UFC and he is not getting younger.

Feed him Bader at HW IMO.

It looked full from the crowd shots so I believe it.

probably was but they dont announce it for a reason cause most events aint selling out and those gates arent impressive.

I don't see Romero going back to 185, the guy looks huge at his current weight. He's 45 years old already.

LHW is good for him imo.

Never a gate or attendance figure though, wonder why.
Aside from the UFC, Bellator is the only other promotion that probably profits from live gate. So, whatever they make is an accomplishment. Even PFL doesnt waste their time in live gate.

Back