Reaction score
Bellator 289: Stots vs. Sabatello

Friday 12.09.2022 at 07:00 PM ET

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/92561-bellator-289
https://www.tapology.com/forum/threads/68847
https://twitter.com/search?q=#Bellator289&src=typed_query&f=live

311774412_10161196493904879_5948688316839077699_n.jpg

upload_2022-11-19_12-14-22.png

https://www.tapology.com/fightcente...magomed-tiger-magomedov-vs-patchy-no-love-mix

-

https://www.tapology.com/fightcente...stots-vs-danny-the-italian-gangster-sabatello

6:03 mark

all right guys let's open it up for questions you gotta set this close you know what I'm saying Danny probably ain't gonna never get one so I let them see as much as we can shut up dude I don't even need to ask anything I just pointed you guys and let you guys take it away I mean he's a [ __ ] she knows he's a [ __ ] she knows I'm coming in three weeks from tonight in Connecticut um you know Mark his [ __ ] face off I hope he makes it past three [ __ ] rounds that's what I give him I give him three rounds I think I finished him in the third but if he does get past the third I will give my respects to him but I don't see him making him past the third [ __ ] round who in your life have you finished in your life I just said I'm gonna [ __ ] finish you you got to do something that you've never done before against somebody that's way better than you bro okay okay what are you gonna do How You Gonna murder my face off I'm gonna cut off your face you're gonna get tired you've never been five rounds before I'm gonna get tired I'm not gonna give you my [ __ ] game plan up here bro I mean you don't matter if you got my game plan or not because you are terrible at five you don't have a game plan you don't specialize in anything you're terrible what you mean I specialize in wrestling I'm a two-time national champion I also knocked out your homeboy uh Juana I'm the bellatorian team champion um you were losing the fight before you knocked out what did I do I knocked him out what you gonna beat me and then what you gonna say after I knock you out what you're saying almost there I think that was my question just let him go oh okay this is uh I like man I like talking to you know I'm saying uh Daniela sabatella I like call him Daniela now you know what I'm saying because he likes to do his hair he likes to do a little makeup I think you know what I mean uh it's just fun for me this is I'm having a blast bro how long are you going to say that I've been saying it for like I was scripted he strips all his [ __ ] twice I've been standing for a couple weeks because I've been thinking about it like and I'm a girl you're like a little girl so for each of you in three weeks after this is done I mean how hyped will you be for for the next uh for the next opponent in terms of the trash well I'm gonna be hyped up for the championship of this Grand Prix for sure uh whether it's mega mat or Apache I don't really give a [ __ ] they both [ __ ] suck um obviously this is the best fight there is in the tournament um our side is obviously better he already beat magamad um I'll definitely be hyped up for that fight but I still never like this [ __ ] guy I just feel like we're just totally two different opposite people you go on Instagram you go on Twitter you see him always commenting liking everyone's [ __ ] he wants to be buddy buddy with everybody he wants everybody to like him on the exact opposite I don't give a [ __ ] whether you like me that's awesome you don't like me I don't give a [ __ ] uh he just needs everybody's approval that's just very different from me and then obviously his style is very different from me he's a shitty fighter I'm a good Fighter um and yeah I just don't think we'll ever see eye to eye yeah we definitely won't see eye to eye but it's because people like me and he's upset he's jealous that people like me people don't like his stick um and that's just the way it is you know what I mean that's the way it is you know I'm saying you're an ugly person you know what I mean and and people don't like that unfortunately for you uh great for me you know what I mean but um that's just yeah it is good for you that you're fighting me it is good this is making your career behind you because you're fighting me but if you want to see me knocked out they're not going to remember your name after this fight yeah and once again I thought everybody be happy so I get to give give people good feelings so that's that's great cool okay well answer can't Chronicles media you know scientists been well documented that you've been calling out cybertello for quite some time now and there's a quotable you said you can get behind him um punching him in the mouth because you pretty much don't like them yeah a glitch in this fight is it more on a professional tear or just all personal I mean it's business as usual for me but this just it adds more chips for me which is like fun for me like oh man you gonna talk [ __ ] so now when I beat the the crap out of the I don't know if I'm supposed to cuss or not but uh after I beat the [ __ ] are you you know what I mean it's just it's just more satisfying you know what I mean so if I was to whoop you on the street or something I you know I'm saying I stick my foot in your face in the mud you know what I mean so uh just like an extra little um you know what I mean so um I'm still training like normal I'm still you know dangerous is everywhere it's just a little bit extra you know a spice Rafael James Columbia Chronicle what's your prediction for this fight do you see it going long or do you see him getting out of there early ah I see me whooping his ass probably in the second round I would say second round just because he's gonna he's gonna try to wrestle and then once he realized he can't wrestle with me or he can't do what he needs to do it's gonna be a long night and it's gonna get old fast for him and I don't think he's ready for that what's your prediction he said what's your credit I'm gonna get you out of there in a second okay all right Danny after victory at Bellator 280 listening I don't know you just Rumble and stutter and talk I don't know what the [ __ ] you were saying I'm sorry what Danny over here after your victory at Bellator 282 you said that stats is an easier stylistic matchup for you than Hugo or Journal Lugo do you stand by that yeah 100 he doesn't specialize in anything you know uh he goes to just absolute start on the ground his Jiu Jitsu game is absolutely legendary when you go up against the sky like that you got to be really calculated and very careful he's waiting for you to slip up so he can get your [ __ ] neck or get your arm or your [ __ ] leg or whatever so you got to be very careful you can't open up too much because that's what he wants you don't want to fall into somebody else's game plan you know a lot of these Fighters lose fights because they're [ __ ] stupid I'm one of the smartest spiders there are a bunch of other things as well you know I got good conditioning I'm very tall for the weight class I'm very quick I got grappling obviously I'm gonna show my striking off in this fight but so he was very hard because he could finish the fight at any point and then MMA that just happens in a blink of a [ __ ] eye but with him he doesn't specialize anywhere he's okay on the feet he's okay on the ground and he's just a little [ __ ] so I got nothing to [ __ ] worry about with this guy he can't [ __ ] finish me so I think it is just a little bit of a stylistic easier matchup um he's also never been five rounds his conditioning isn't going to be able to hold up I don't care if he knows that okay shut the [ __ ] up you keep saying that I don't care if he knows before uh I've been five rounds uh two times in my career I don't stalk your career like well thank you that's why you're getting knocked the [ __ ] out because you don't know me and you should know me you should know somebody that's right I don't need to do [ __ ] I watched like two of your [ __ ] fights the only thing that sticks out on the page is you're a little [ __ ] that's it so so what was that um he got so good he's a BJJ practitioner and I just had to watch out for everything when you was scared you were scared to fight him so that's why you fought like a [ __ ] Barry laid on him and yeah very good wasted everybody's time and money and last question real quick will either of you incorporate some Detroit urban survival tactics into your training camp Dale Brown and then also will you guys shake hands after the fight win lose or draw um I mean I hope I learned a thing or two from this guy that's actually awesome that he's [ __ ] here I'm pretty hyped up uh but after the fight you know after I beat the [ __ ] out of my opponents you know it's not really bad blood uh obviously again I don't see us ever seeing eye to eye but after my fights are gone I immediately have my eyes on the next guy and especially in a tournament setting like this with the Grand Prix when you already have your opponent lined up next my eyes will already be on magamad or Apache the second that that Bell [ __ ] Rings um again I don't like the guy I'm going to try to [ __ ] murder his face off he's never actually had an opponent going there that actually wants to kill him like I do but um yeah we'll see how it goes I can't I can do a lot of things I can't tell the future maybe there will be bad blood after maybe there won't I don't know question here and then we'll do face up wait Rocky are you going to shake his hand after the fight um so after the fight yeah to answer your first question uh I don't need to like incorporate survival training because all he's gonna do is try to hug my legs the whole round you know what I mean every round he's gonna try to hug my legs so I don't really need that's I feel like that's above his pay grade you know what I mean so uh I I probably won't say extent to be honest with you I don't like to do you know what I mean so uh probably not gonna be no shaking hands I'm gonna probably party on them um that's just what's gonna happen that's just how I feel um Sportsman's not a lie I I just don't like them so uh what's up guys one last question for you guys uh what's the one thing that you guys most respect about each other I know you guys don't like each other but if you had to pick one thing that you guys most respect about each other what would it be I would say the way he sticks to being a [ __ ] you know what I mean he sticks to it hard you know what I mean like size he sticks to it he sticks to it really well you know what I mean so uh I admire that you know that you could be a [ __ ] 100 of the time that's crazy bro I mean it's cool that he's going to be able to say that he fought the best bantamweight that has ever lived so he will always have that under his belt that he's just fought me um I know it'll be a little bit of uh when you say ridiculously like that get that people that's that's yeah four years old when we do this [ __ ] you always interrupt me why are you four years old right now one more question knees [ __ ] shaking you're like a little [ __ ] are you that nervous I'm excited to hurt you bro we got three weeks yeah I'm excited I can't wait this question is for both of you there's obviously it's a really legendary Village or rivalries in the past several years would you say that this fight between YouTube is the chance to be the biggest male Bellator fight in the history the promotion and if so why yeah uh not just inside the bantamweight division but I think this will be the biggest fight of the entire year throughout all of Bellator um I think Bellator bantamoy division is really getting the respect that it deserves it's the best division across all of MMA you look at our top five top seven guys and it's just absolutely stacked we would beat any other promotion so just from a pure skill standpoint I think we are going to get the respect and and the Rivalry will be very big but also just because of our personalities you know I make guys bigger when they fight me you know the spotlight is on them more you know nobody knew who stats was before he fought me he's 34 years old he's been in this game for [ __ ] ever nobody knew who he was everybody's saying oh stocks came out of nowhere I know he came out of nowhere because now he's fighting Danny sabatello so yeah I do think it'll be an absolutely massive F5 um but we'll see I have literally more followers than you on every platform so that's false news try again oh we're gonna space them off

AX8L4dh.png

Bellator 289

Last edited:
Sabatello's speedy wrestling translates well to MMA, but I'm not sure how well that will hold up over 25 minutes. His lone loss was in the fourth round of a five round fight. He usually has a reach advantage to help make up for his mediocre striking, but that won't be the case here.

Stots is a 2x D2 National Champion. Pretty quick himself for a 33 year old. He has never had to go the distance in a five-rounder, so he's a little unproven there.

Considering Stots (-110), or maybe by dec, as that's generally how he wins.

Last edited:
Sabatello's speedy wrestling translates well to MMA, but I'm not sure how well that will hold up over 25 minutes. His lone loss was in the fourth round of a five round fight. He usually has a reach advantage to help make up for his mediocre striking, but that won't be the case here.

Stots is a 2x D2 National Champion. Pretty quick himself for a 33 year old. He has never had to go the distance in a five-rounder, so he's a little unproven there.

Considering Stots (-110), or maybe by dec, as that's generally how he wins.

Well, I dilly dallied, and now Stots is -160. That's what I get for being indecisive.

Lencioni V Law, someone tell me what you think

Lencioni V Law, someone tell me what you think
Law: D2 national champ. Small for 145. 27, training at ATT, meaning that he's improving every fight. Faded in the third against first high-level competition (Gonzalez) and struggled late against the Serra blackbelt (but did manage to escape a body triangle). No major wins yet, but high potential for becoming top five in Bellator.

Lencioni: New multi-fight contract. 1.5" reach advantage. Big FW. Brown belt. Four years of HS wrestling.

I only watched Lencioni's fight with Drako. Lencioni almost got stopped in the first and again in the third, and won't have the opportunity to panic-wrestle against Law. Can Law strike as well as Drako? Can Lencioni stay on his feet if Law goes for take downs? The challenge for Lencioni is to win the striking AND neutralize the wrestling, which seems like a tall order.

Odds seem reasonable, IMO. Are you considering backing Lencioni?

Law: D2 national champ. Small for 145. 27, training at ATT, meaning that he's improving every fight. Faded in the third against first high-level competition (Gonzalez) and struggled late against the Serra blackbelt (but did manage to escape a body triangle). No major wins yet, but high potential for becoming top five in Bellator.

Lencioni: New multi-fight contract. 1.5" reach advantage. Big FW. Brown belt. Four years of HS wrestling.

I only watched Lencioni's fight with Drako. Lencioni almost got stopped in the first and again in the third, and won't have the opportunity to panic-wrestle against Law. Can Law strike as well as Drako? Can Lencioni stay on his feet if Law goes for take downs? The challenge for Lencioni is to win the striking AND neutralize the wrestling, which seems like a tall order.

Odds seem reasonable, IMO. Are you considering backing Lencioni?
considered it, think im passing now. Lencioni has fought quite a high level for outside of the UFC. Shainis, Drako UFC guys. Claxton and Aj who is a real good grappler, did fine with him on the ground and won. Just seems like a solid guy with no quit in him and has never been finished. You would think they would give him a can, and now they give him someone on a similar lvl to Gonzales

considered it, think im passing now. Lencioni has fought quite a high level for outside of the UFC. Shainis, Drako UFC guys. Claxton and Aj who is a real good grappler, did fine with him on the ground and won. Just seems like a solid guy with no quit in him and has never been finished. You would think they would give him a can, and now they give him someone on a similar lvl to Gonzales

I don't think Lencioni has the striking of Gonzalez although he's a better grappler, that's an easier style matchup for someone like Law I think. It's one where I'd consider it if Law got absolutely steamed, but I want better odds than now..

EDIT - If you do want to look at Lencioni then I think taping the fight with AJ Agazarm is probably a must. Not a terrible style comparison, although I think Law is better standing and more athletic than AJ.

What do you reckon to Michael Lombardo against king of brain farts Mark Lemminger? I reckon there might be value there.

I don't think Lencioni has the striking of Gonzalez although he's a better grappler, that's an easier style matchup for someone like Law I think. It's one where I'd consider it if Law got absolutely steamed, but I want better odds than now..

EDIT - If you do want to look at Lencioni then I think taping the fight with AJ Agazarm is probably a must. Not a terrible style comparison, although I think Law is better standing and more athletic than AJ.

What do you reckon to Michael Lombardo against king of brain farts Mark Lemminger? I reckon there might be value there.
Gonzales striking is not amazing he just decided to let go in rounds 2 and 3. Law was controlling the fight up until the point and I though round 2 was super close. Law also didnt take Gonzales down once probably due to the ground skills, if he choses to against Lencioni he can do so with ease. Lencioni loves being on his back that's one of his weaknesses, although he showed some nice scrambling against AJ. He also got swept by Shainis from half-guard twice after getting on top. Still, in round 3, he took Shaninis back and almost subbed him, the exact same situation that happened to Law. Its more of a number play, Law has fought nobody, and they have lined him like he is fighting another bum when its not the case.

Havent taped that one yet will look into it tomorrow.

Gonzales striking is not amazing he just decided to let go in rounds 2 and 3. Law was controlling the fight up until the point and I though round 2 was super close. Law also didnt take Gonzales down once probably due to the ground skills, if he choses to against Lencioni he can do so with easy. Lencioni loves being on his back thats one of his weaknesses, although he showed some nice scrambling against AJ. He also got sweped by Shainis from half guard twice after getting on top. Still, in round 3, he took Shaninis back and almost subbed him, the exact same situation that happened to Law. Its more of a number play, Law has fought nobody, and they have lined him like he is fighting another bum when its not the case.

Havent taped that one yet will look into it tomorrow.

Yeah, that's my difference with it. Lencioni is much easier to put on his back than Gonzales was. IIRC a lot of the issue in the Gonzales fight was Law starting to gas from constantly trying to get/hold him down. With Lencioni he'll get takedowns easily enough I think. He'll have to mind his p's and q's in his guard, but I tend to think a D1 ATT trained wrestler should have solid base and be hard to sub. If we get props on it I think Law's decision line will be interesting as I think he'll find it hard to finish Lencioni.

Denise Kielholtz (-170)
Height: 5'3" (160cm) | Reach: 66.0" (168cm)
Small for 125. 3x World champ kickboxer. Black belt in Judo. Gave Japanese Judo national team member Kana Wantanabe a decent grappling fight before putting herself into a triangle. Outlanded current champion Juliana Velasquez 2:1, and showed impressive five round cardio.

Ilara Joanne (+140)
Height: 5'3" (160cm) | Reach: 64.0" (163cm)
Small for 125. Purple belt under Pitbulls. Recently evolving ground game, but can only TD and control, no advancing of position or sub threat. Fairly strong in clinch TD/defence. Receptionist at Pitbull Bros who started training MMA late in life. Striking is meant to be her strong suit, but she's not very good at it.

Can anyone explain this line? I can only guess it's because of the age difference (33 vs. 28), and the fact that Kielholtz is coming off two losses. Still makes little sense to me, as Kielholtz is coming off a headlining title fight where she out-struck the (ridiculously enormous) champion 2:1, but lost a split. I would pick her to win in a rematch against Wantanabe at EV, too. IMO Kielholtz should knock this lady's head into the fourth dimension. They are on different planets in terms of athleticism and technical ability. How does Joanne win this? She lost the final round against 37 year old pioneer Vanessa Porto, who was fighting on 2.5 weeks notice, and the first two rounds were competitive enough that she lost a split. She beat Alajandra Lara by out-positioning her on the ground, but could do nothing threatening against Lara's terrible grappling. She certainly can't win a striking fight, I question her ability to get the fight to the ground, and I don't think she can do anything if she gets it there.

I have a weird glitch where lines that seem too good to be true make me nervous/suspicious. Often in these cases the bookies/public are actually wrong, and my reluctance costs me. That said, everything about Kielholtz is public knowledge, so I don't understand why this line isn't being hammered. Let me know what you think.

Vanessa Kielholtz (-170) over Ilara Joanne $170.00 to win $100.00

Well, I dilly dallied, and now Stots is -160. That's what I get for being indecisive.
It was a stupid line. I'm guessing someone noticed that and slapped down some big money on it.
i honestly think Danny is the value side, he was d1 > d2 and his td speed is Khabib level (don't chew me up for saying that)

He also has 3+ inch height advantage, he has longer leg reach, both these guys are kickers. Danny And Stots share some of the same arsenal on the feet, side kicks and rear head kick are their best moves.

Danny got reversed by Higo and had his back taken but Stots also had his back taken by Magomed , both guys are capable of reversing and getting into a competitive grappling exchange, but i just saw the Magomed fight, and he dominated most of the grappling exchanges. That to me is a red flag for Stots bettors, Magomed may be Dag fighter but he never wrestled at a national level, his bio says he has Wushu background and various mma/martial arts. Not at the same level as Danny.
Magomed in the first round also was able to grab Stots legs several times and push him against the cage and stall, this is something that Danny does exceptionally well, he's imo one of the top wall and stall expert and good at maintaining top control, not on the level of a khabib but enough to give Stots problems, given his size.

Another reference the Juan Anchuleta fight, he got taken down by Juan and had his hips controlled for 2 mins, then got cage stalled several times in rnds 1-2 , the thing I also caught was that Stots looked a little winded going into the 3rd round, while he was able to deliver a powerful head kick, he was already breathing out of his mouth, Danny is a cardio machine, i know he can grapple for 5 rounds easy without missing a beat.

When i was researching Stots , the 1st things i was looking for were 'Does he get cage stalled easily?' he failed that test .
'is Stots undersized?' he failed that test. 'Is he gassy?' he kind of failed, not my strongest lean but i rate his stamina average vs Danny who has Convinton's racehorse cardio.

I'm not super heavy leaning here on danny, im throwing a small spread , but i wish betonline had a parlay option cause i would tail end my parlay with danny at the end, i think he deserves a 250 bet , i know he is going to fight for my money.

i dropped 275 for 303 , should have just waited for the decision prop, but I'm scared of the ml prop dropping low to evens.

i honestly think Danny is the value side, he was d1 > d2 and his td speed is Khabib level (don't chew me up for saying that)

He also has 3+ inch height advantage, he has longer leg reach, both these guys are kickers. Danny And Stots share some of the same arsenal on the feet, side kicks and rear head kick are their best moves.

Danny got reversed by Higo and had his back taken but Stots also had his back taken by Magomed , both guys are capable of reversing and getting into a competitive grappling exchange, but i just saw the Magomed fight, and he dominated most of the grappling exchanges. That to me is a red flag for Stots bettors, Magomed may be Dag fighter but he never wrestled at a national level, his bio says he has Wushu background and various mma/martial arts. Not at the same level as Danny.
Magomed in the first round also was able to grab Stots legs several times and push him against the cage and stall, this is something that Danny does exceptionally well, he's imo one of the top wall and stall expert and good at maintaining top control, not on the level of a khabib but enough to give Stots problems, given his size.

Another reference the Juan Anchuleta fight, he got taken down by Juan and had his hips controlled for 2 mins, then got cage stalled several times in rnds 1-2 , the thing I also caught was that Stots looked a little winded going into the 3rd round, while he was able to deliver a powerful head kick, he was already breathing out of his mouth, Danny is a cardio machine, i know he can grapple for 5 rounds easy without missing a beat.

When i was researching Stots , the 1st things i was looking for were 'Does he get cage stalled easily?' he failed that test .
'is Stots undersized?' he failed that test. 'Is he gassy?' he kind of failed, not my strongest lean but i rate his stamina average vs Danny who has Convinton's racehorse cardio.

I'm not super heavy leaning here on danny, im throwing a small spread , but i wish betonline had a parlay option cause i would tail end my parlay with danny at the end, i think he deserves a 250 bet , i know he is going to fight for my money.

i dropped 275 for 303 , should have just waited for the decision prop, but I'm scared of the ml prop dropping low to evens.

I think Danny might have some grappling success early but think Stots figures it out and starts to tool him up on the feet. They might be similar dimensions but Sabatello is pitter patter looking to get into takedown range whereas Stots is genuinely trying to crack you. I don't think we've really seen Sabatello tested by a good defensive wrestler who makes him work for every takedown. Johns is a good offensive wrestler but imo falls into the category a lot of British guys do where they're much better offensive wrestlers than defensive.

I think Danny might have some grappling success early but think Stots figures it out and starts to tool him up on the feet. They might be similar dimensions but Sabatello is pitter patter looking to get into takedown range whereas Stots is genuinely trying to crack you. I don't think we've really seen Sabatello tested by a good defensive wrestler who makes him work for every takedown. Johns is a good offensive wrestler but imo falls into the category a lot of British guys do where they're much better offensive wrestlers than defensive.
Stots biggest ko threat is his high kick, a taller fighter is harder to hit because you have to extend your leg higher to hit your target. His boxing isn't there, i watched all of his last fights, i was looking to see if he has a powerful overhand or a snappy right hand, it isn't there, he has feather fist. it shows in his record being mostly dec machine. I think Stots best rnds will be rnds 1-3 , if he doesn't catch Danny i see Danny blanketing him for most of the fight and gassing him out.

While Stots ncaa d2 title is good, he hasn't translated his wrestling well into mma.

Last edited:
Stots biggest ko threat is his high kick, a taller fighter is harder to hit because you have to extend your leg higher to hit your target. His boxing isn't there, i watched all of his last fights, i was looking to see if he has a powerful overhand or a snappy right hand, it isn't there, he has feather fist. it shows in his record being mostly dec machine. I think Stots best rnds will be rnds 1-3 , if he doesn't catch Danny i see Danny blanketing him for most of the fight and gassing him out.

While Stots ncaa d2 title is good, he hasn't translated his wrestling well into mma.

I have this theory about wrestlers styles, something that Kurt Angle said in an interview. He said that there are different wrestling styles. Guys who are more upper body takedown artist, guys who shoot for the legs, guys who are funky they do backflips and stuff and guys who are more stand your ground defensive, i think Stots is the last one, he is defensively sound but he does not use his wrestling enough, he uses it as a defensive tool, the problem with that is he isn't spending as much time in the wrestling mat as someone like Danny who is mostly wrestling in his training regime. I'm kind of nitpicking but i think its a 55/45 fight and Danny could take this fight in a dominating fashion just being relentless and blanketing Stots. I'll accept a loss here cause Stots is a good fighter.

*accept

Tbf I probably wouldn't play Stots at current odds. I got him at 1.95, which I'm fairly happy with.

What do you reckon to Michael Lombardo?

Tbf I probably wouldn't play Stots at current odds. I got him at 1.95, which I'm fairly happy with.

What do you reckon to Michael Lombardo?
I haven't taped it yet, i'll come back later , i'm going down the list , now taping Juliana. I'm going the extra mile for this card, using spread sheets and measuring all the fighters move sets. I did really well on Octagon 37/bkfc cause i did heavy taping, so i figure from now on i will only give my opinion on something if i know both fighters very well and can spot red flags.

The last ufc card i came on the thread and started shooting off about Kevin Holland with zero retaping and it showed. I know some people tail me, so i don't wanna give them a bad read.

i need to start screen recording bellator events main card fights, its ridiculous how hard it can be to find recent fights that are not in their official website, mma-core or showtime.

Back